SST Shock Trooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If these Shocktroopers don't sell, SSC might take that as a hint to stop releasing clones.

It'll be a shame if their failing to sell a figure that was already made causes them to not make a figure like Gree. :(

That seems like a huge leap there Prog, they're not going to base future Clone sales off the success or failure of this one figure, they're smart enough to know they're competing for a place in folks' collections with the Medicom figure and with economic times, some may not want to buy the SSC one not due to quality but simply for having that scheme already in their collection. I'm sure Sideshow just wanted to do this particular marking scheme of CT and figured any sales would be good, since it's just recycling the armor and all, and will continue.

i don't know, maulfan, I've got a feeling if this one doesn't sell they'll chalk it up to "they are tired of clones" rather than "they don't want this scheme".

I think everyone needs to calm down. The Clone Commanders will get made (some of them, at least).

Also, wasn't the Shockie the most popular of the Medi-Clones?

aside from the stormtrooper this trooper was the one i was waiting for. always liked the shocked troopers but always thought the medicom ones were too expensive, but now finally gonna be able to get two to flank Darth Sidious...pure sweetness:emperor

I think it has potential to sell ok. Its still a cool design. I just think its a) bit risky business choice and b) really uninspired and boring considering we've all seen it before.

Gree can pretty much be considered a simple repaint too with only minor additions like the harness, but this place would be completely buzzing with excitement.

As for price, I bought the Medicom for $75 from SW shop.

Don't SS realize that if they made a Biker Scout that EVERY ONE of them would sell out? Where these will be left over and either on 2nd chance or on sale at retailers in the future.

(I mean sure it's easy to do and repaint em but.......)

See, that's what I don't get so far...they're making a SECOND scout trooper PF, but no 1/6th representation yet?

See, that's what I don't get so far...they're making a SECOND scout trooper PF, but no 1/6th representation yet?

That's the key word. ;)

I'm surprised they went this route, but I'm also glad that they did. I sold both of my Medi Shocks a while ago in the faint hope that this might be done. Looks like my gamble paid off, in that the Sideshow Clones wound up being stunning in general, and they went ahead and duplicated a figure made by a company for whom they are a distributor. :) Lucky me. I'm getting two. :nod

If anything, I'd imagine we'll see a smaller ES for these. Sideshow will sell through that, then move onto Gree, or Bly, or Cody, or Rex, or all of the above. :dance

Sideshow did say when they did Cloneobi that they were considering doing the Utapau Clone and Shock Trooper when they were deciding which one was the first to use the Clone Armour and when they specefically mention
characters as being considered or coming down the pike usually within months we get the announcement so this came as no surprise but I do agree that a Commander should have come first.

With that being said in a Q&A they did say they are definatly doing a Cody and I thought they dropped a hint about the Airborne Trooper as well so it would not surprise me at all to see them both announced at SDCC.

i don't know, maulfan, I've got a feeling if this one doesn't sell they'll chalk it up to "they are tired of clones" rather than "they don't want this scheme".

Won't happen. I guarantee that we'll see plenty more clones. They didn't develop this new armor body to sell two clones and a few OT guys to stop.

I don't know why, but I'm feeling rather cold on this one. If this was Cody, Rex or Gree, I'd be all kinds of excited... but as it stands? Meh. These guys were nothing more than Palpy's bodyguards, no? I'd be much more happy with the 501st, despite how "played out" they are. At least they have that tremendous screen presence in the film when they accompany Vader's march to the Jedi Temple. I think I'll be passing on this one, while continuing to hope for Commanders like Cody.

The whole PT is a big bag of 'meh' anyway. Getting more screentime in those movies almost counts as a negative, IMO. The only clone I'd want is Cmdr. Gree, just for his looks.

I'm glad not many people like this one, because they will be cheaper when I want to buy one.:naughty:naughty:naughty

I think it has potential to sell ok. Its still a cool design. I just think its a) bit risky business choice and b) really uninspired and boring considering we've all seen it before.

Gree can pretty much be considered a simple repaint too with only minor additions like the harness, but this place would be completely buzzing with excitement.

As for price, I bought the Medicom for $75 from SW shop.

If they used your flawed logic, we never would've gotten a Stormtrooper, Vader, Luke, Sandtrooper, etc., because Medi released theirs. Hell, don't stop there, why release anything Hasbro did? We've "seen it before," right? :huh I just think you're disappointed because they didn't do the Clone YOU wanted to see. :lol

Last edited:
it is a very wise business move. get the Shocktrooper out for the way while Clones are still a relatively new offering (imagine releasing this 2 years from now when the Cody, Gree, Rex, Dopey, Ringo, Ace, and Herbert variants are already crowding one's shelves)...

personally, i am thrilled.

it is a very wise business move. get the Shocktrooper out for the way while Clones are still a relatively new offering (imagine releasing this 2 years from now when the Cody, Gree, Rex, Dopey, Ringo, Ace, and Herbert variants are already crowding one's shelves)...

personally, i am thrilled.

You forgot Larry , Moe , Curley, Shemp, Harpo, Zeppo, Groucho, The Rainbow Squadron and Hello Kitty Squadrons! :lol

Hello Kitty Squadrons! :lol

Hello Kitty Squad is OT.

Stormtrooper:

pink-stormtrooper-protester-at-the-g20.jpg

Vader:
hello-kitty-darth-vader.jpg

Hello Kitty Squad is OT.

Stormtrooper:

pink-stormtrooper-protester-at-the-g20.jpg

Vader:
hello-kitty-darth-vader.jpg

I'm sure some mark II Clones were around during the Clone Wars , they were ordered to attack the Separtist planets Ice Cream Stands since there a shortage on Corascaunt of Palpys favorite ice cream flavor.

Back