Star ace Harry Potter - Mad-Eye Moody

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait... don't WB own Casablanca? :pray:

Yep. Bit of Bogart? I grew up loving all films, including classics. I know it sounds stupid, but I'd love to see a very good, classy Marilyn Monroe. WB hold the rights to a huge amount of amazing films. Matrix is another. I have the Sunohc, but would be nice to have an official line.

It's not stupid at all to want a 1/6 Marilyn Monroe :)

We need someone to give us all of these classic film stars and Star Ace seem to be a great candidate.

I reckon they will. I have a huge classic movie collection, so I have absolutely zero idea who they'll pick - so many to choose. They'll be iconic though and I hope they do as many as is viable for them to produce. Classics have been overlooked a lot, but they could shift a couple of hundred of each I would've thought.

I reckon they will. I have a huge classic movie collection, so I have absolutely zero idea who they'll pick - so many to choose. They'll be iconic though and I hope they do as many as is viable for them to produce. Classics have been overlooked a lot, but they could shift a couple of hundred of each I would've thought.

Yes, there are a lot of classic movie stars - the likeness and film rights are tricky though. And a couple of hundred each does not a business make.

Yes, there are a lot of classic movie stars - the likeness and film rights are tricky though. And a couple of hundred each does not a business make.

Yeah, but they've only done 250 of each HP figure so far. They seem to be startng smaller.

Is that edition size confirmed? I hope they're turning a good profit. I don't want them to stop any time soon :)

No idea, but several sites - including Big Chief - have stated they're limited to 250 each. Limited Edition. Size: 250 Worldwide

They're obviously starting small and building.

Also, don't foget that with ones like Sirius, we'll see the prisoner outfit version next, so 250 will become at least 500. Also, I would imagine that if they do really well, then they might rerelease them or bring out other slight variations and increase the run size. Of course, it's conjecture on my part, only Star Ace know the business plan.

Is that edition size confirmed? I hope they're turning a good profit. I don't want them to stop any time soon :)

No idea, but several sites - including Big Chief - have stated they're limited to 250 each. Limited Edition. Size: 250 Worldwide

They're obviously starting small and building.

Also, don't foget that with ones like Sirius, we'll see the prisoner outfit version next, so 250 will become at least 500. Also, I would imagine that if they do really well, then they might rerelease them or bring out other slight variations and increase the run size. Of course, it's conjecture on my part, only Star Ace know the business plan.

Perhaps that's all BCS is getting. But that's not even close. Potter isn't Iron Man, but is doing about average for 1:6 figures, maybe a little above average.

Perhaps that's all BCS is getting. But that's not even close. Potter isn't Iron Man, but is doing about average for 1:6 figures, maybe a little above average.

Ah, okay, thanks for clarifying. It's just a few sites said they were limited edition size of "250 Worldwide", not just BCS, so they must be mistaken. One shop I spoke to buy 10 at a time, so I'd be very surprised if BCS stocked 250 of each - that's a huge investment. But, I'm sure you know better, Dave, being in contact with SA.

I would think that 250 is too small, even for a company like Star Ace who are just breaking in, considering the license. But 250 is a lot for just Big Chief to stock. Maybe they're trying to be the new Sideshow of the UK?

No, I've since asked Star Ace.

Basically, it's restricted edition size per country, not just Big Chief etc. So, 250 for the whole of the UK and something similiar for the US etc. The retailers seem to have gotten into a muddle over it and have said - here in the UK at least - "Limited to 250 Worldwide" which isn't true. I've since noticed a few have removed that comment, but BCS still say it.

In my defence, I was only going by what I read and just assumed Star Ace were keeping the first few numbers very low - testing the market - and would rerelease them later or use the figures with different outfits etc. But, I'm the first to admit I was wrong! Sorry. 250 each on the kids didn't surprise me, 250 each on Voldemort and Sirus seemed way out, but I have no idea about numbers, especially with them starting out, I'm just a collector. I gather they'll clarify it with the retailers, because I've seen a few reviewers and other people who have bought them and comment on limited edition, which is misleading.

So, classics are possible, presumably under the "My Favorite Legend Series" if that branding does in fact indicate Star Ace's intent to make more classic movie stars, but only if there would be a lot of interest---likeness rights difficulties notwithstanding.

I would not have guessed that Virgil Hilts from The Great Escape would move large numbers (more than a couple hundred) and not so much that we'd see a deluxe re-release, but I suppose it was the official Steve McQueen likeness that was the big draw. Hopefully the success of Virgil shows that classic movies/moviestars can move merchandise and that the demand is there.

I suppose Star Ace is my best hope for official Jaws and Gone with the Wind figures... a distant hope since one-off movie stars seem more likely than multiple characters from the same movie due to the difficulty of obtaining the likeness rights for multiple actors from the same film.

I would not have guessed that Virgil Hilts from The Great Escape would move large numbers (more than a couple hundred) and not so much that we'd see a deluxe re-release, but I suppose it was the official Steve McQueen likeness that was the big draw. Hopefully the success of Virgil shows that classic movies/moviestars can move merchandise and that the demand is there.

Someone else pointed out that the deluxe follow on might indicate that it's not sold well, but I hope that's not the case. Star Ace deserve to do well for putting in so much effort.

It'll be interesting to see what they come up with next. Like I said - I would absolutely love to see a very good Marilyn Monroe, just because there isn't one and I'm a huge fan of her.

Someone else pointed out that the deluxe follow on might indicate that it's not sold well, but I hope that's not the case. Star Ace deserve to do well for putting in so much effort.

Ahh, I didn't think of that; just tack on a set of Nazi clothes to help move the remaining stock. I, too, hope that isn't the case, but it is a reasonable theory since intentionally planning to release a deluxe version immediately after the original version has run its course instead of releasing both versions together would suggest that Star Ace intended to pull a fast one on buyers of the original and I presume/hope that Star Ace doesn't think that way.

It'll be interesting to see what they come up with next. Like I said - I would absolutely love to see a very good Marilyn Monroe, just because there isn't one and I'm a huge fan of her.

I'm certainly interested to see what's next for both Potter and the My Favorite Legend series. Any skilled manufacturer willing to take a risk on offbeat licenses deserves attention. As far as Marilyn goes, you may have to settle for a statue.

Yeah, I've seen that. It's one of the best linesses, but I want 1/6 poseable figures, but I can live in hope.

Well, Blitzway obtained the rights to make a 1/4 scale statue, so a 1/6 scale figure may be possible. I'd think Marilyn would be a big seller, too, if companies were worried about producing enough figures to make it worthwhile. I'd certainly buy a 1/6 scale figure of her.

That is not the case. Retailers (primarily in Asia) didn't get as many as they wanted. So the deluxe version was created.

No, I've since asked Star Ace.

Basically, it's restricted edition size per country, not just Big Chief etc. So, 250 for the whole of the UK and something similiar for the US etc. The retailers seem to have gotten into a muddle over it and have said - here in the UK at least - "Limited to 250 Worldwide" which isn't true. I've since noticed a few have removed that comment, but BCS still say it.

In my defence, I was only going by what I read and just assumed Star Ace were keeping the first few numbers very low - testing the market - and would rerelease them later or use the figures with different outfits etc. But, I'm the first to admit I was wrong! Sorry. 250 each on the kids didn't surprise me, 250 each on Voldemort and Sirus seemed way out, but I have no idea about numbers, especially with them starting out, I'm just a collector. I gather they'll clarify it with the retailers, because I've seen a few reviewers and other people who have bought them and comment on limited edition, which is misleading.

Actually the kids sold extremely well.

Well, Blitzway obtained the rights to make a 1/4 scale statue, so a 1/6 scale figure may be possible. I'd think Marilyn would be a big seller, too, if companies were worried about producing enough figures to make it worthwhile. I'd certainly buy a 1/6 scale figure of her.

Good to know...

I suppose Star Ace is my best hope for official Jaws and Gone with the Wind figures... a distant hope since one-off movie stars seem more likely than multiple characters from the same movie due to the difficulty of obtaining the likeness rights for multiple actors from the same film.

We are so overdue on mass produced Jaws figures. Trevor's sculpts are fantastic but there are only about five casts worldwide :(

Actually the kids sold extremely well.

:yess: That's fantastic. I really want sales to be high so the line can continue and SA can afford to make more secondary characters like Mad-Eye.

Back