Star ace Harry Potter - Mad-Eye Moody

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What do they care. He's already been shipped. Its up to you to decide to if its a large enough **** up to deem it worthy of canceling or not.

I doubt this will be the last time they cut corners. Every company does it.

I just wish they'd show us what were actually getting instead of something so photoshopped that we can't help but feel duped when the actual thing arrives.

I received my Mad Eye today

It's better in hands than the pictures.

12074721_907466642621689_6230846001860038757_n.jpg

11215068_907466655955021_685515935183523737_n.jpg

12019920_907466559288364_7564917539958963476_n.jpg

12032270_889391704447767_8644252333630771104_n.jpg

Compared to the Proto shots I must say I am a bit disappointed, the face is a completely different shape, its not as chubby and the nose and mechanical eye are off. The face is almost texture-less.

The rest of the figure is great, just the head. Here is a close up of mine.

20150929_205332.jpg

I just cancelled my preorder with Sideshow. I was so excited for this figure, but it just didn't turn out very well. Too young, too skinny, weird eye, clothes aren't weathered at all...

If this gets a 30% discount down the road, I may reconsider. I just hope this isn't a sign of things to come for this HP line.

After all the reviews I had read on Mad Eye Moody I was very curious to get mine home and see what I thought............He arrived home yesterday and I got a chance to play a little bit and take some photos this morning. The biggest thing that struck me when I got him out of the packaging is the fact that his skin tone is so "tan". I wasn't expecting it to be so dark. I think the sculpt is very well done and the eye doesn't bother me, as it seems to bother a lot of folks out there.
Mad Eye by wizgerg3, on Flickr
I can see why some think the coat should be more "weathered"............I totally agree there, but I'm just really glad Star Ace decided to produce him..........The walking stick is really nice, and love the flask........
Mad Eye Moody by wizgerg3, on Flickr
Although, speaking of the flask.........I believe this is the flask he drank polyjuice potion out of in Goblet of Fire. His box lists this version as the Order of the Phoenix version. I need to go back and watch that movie again, as I haven't seen it in a while and can't remember if he uses this flask in that movie as well. All in all I'm really happy I ordered him. I find him a great addition to my Harry Potter collection.
Not Who He Seems by wizgerg3, on Flickr

After all the reviews I had read on Mad Eye Moody I was very curious to get mine home and see what I thought............He arrived home yesterday and I got a chance to play a little bit and take some photos this morning. The biggest thing that struck me when I got him out of the packaging is the fact that his skin tone is so "tan". I wasn't expecting it to be so dark. I think the sculpt is very well done and the eye doesn't bother me, as it seems to bother a lot of folks out there.
Mad Eye by wizgerg3, on Flickr
I can see why some think the coat should be more "weathered"............I totally agree there, but I'm just really glad Star Ace decided to produce him..........The walking stick is really nice, and love the flask........
Mad Eye Moody by wizgerg3, on Flickr
Although, speaking of the flask.........I believe this is the flask he drank polyjuice potion out of in Goblet of Fire. His box lists this version as the Order of the Phoenix version. I need to go back and watch that movie again, as I haven't seen it in a while and can't remember if he uses this flask in that movie as well. All in all I'm really happy I ordered him. I find him a great addition to my Harry Potter collection.
Not Who He Seems by wizgerg3, on Flickr

In OotP He uses the flask for Polyjuice potion to turn everyone into Harry clones.

Back