Star Wars CVI Photo Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gibby thank you so much. They both look amazing and I can't wait for them to arrive. You must come to sdcc next summer.

Went to sign up for a Photobucket account, but then realized I already had one from long ago. But thanks for the suggestion anyway Waller. Soon, I may even figure out how to post right from the iPhone, eh? As it stands, I'm uploading my "best" camera images now and will post some fun stuff shortly. Still have some iPhone images too, but nothing majorly important. Maybe just a dancing video. I don't know...

awesome thread.
the Mayhew pic that is autographed is one of the best ever.
anyone get a McDiarmid?
The art pics are spectacular too.
Of couse the best thing about Celebrations
is the people you meet.

Okay, here we go. This is furystorm's CVI experience in thirty images...

I rolled in on Thursday around 9:45, and these freaks were kind enough to let me jump the line. Avfin, Shropt, gibby, Darth Waller, UTtoyfan, and Shadow5:

CVI01.jpg

And so it begins, two freaks with the same shirt on...
gibby meets furystorm, two lower-case freaks:

CVI02.jpg

After ditching my first panel to hang with Avfin and Shropt in the Collectors panel, a Rancor got me:

CVI03.jpg

Then we all hammed it up:

CVI04.jpg

The three amigos, together again, for the Rose & Quinn puppet panel:

CVI05.jpg

On the way back to the room, I saw Shropt getting ready to do his ice cream maker thing:

CVI06.jpg

One picture to prove I was there, as I really wanted to catch the Ian McDiarmid panel:

CVI07.jpg

Red shirt brigade! I count 21, but by rights, there should have been over a hundred:

CVI08.jpg

Two of my favorite people, Frau Shropt and Shropt himself:

CVI09.jpg

Dinner away from the masses. Glad we turned right boys!
UTtoyfan, Shadow5, Darth Waller, gibby, and me, the fury:

CVI10.jpg

... to be continued.

Last edited:
awesome thread.
anyone get a McDiarmid?
is the people you meet.

Darth Waller, gibby, Shadow5 and I all got McDiarmid's autograph.

Okay, here we go. This is furystorm's CVI experience in thirty images...

... to be continued.

Great pics fury!! I'm glad you other guys caption your pictures. I'm just a lazy ass, which is inexcusable because I am still off work for today since I'm still on vacation. :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

... continued

Who knew, by sticking to my guns and seeing this panel, I was finally going to see George Lucas. Rumors were floating, and by the time we were seated, word came that he was actually at the Clone Wars panel. I just kept hoping, and at the end of this one, boom, there he was. I have a video, but have to figure out how to post it up:

CVI11.jpg

CVI12.jpg

CVI13.jpg

Had to have a picture with this lovely gal. She's after my own heart, out in the crowd working it, while all the other Slave Leias are up on the Jabba. She has three tattoos (at least) of Boris Karloff. One is Frankenstein, one is the Mummy, and the other is Ardeth Bey. She got excited that I knew who Ardeth Bey was. Really!

CVI14.jpg

I counted eight freaks and a wife for this event! Great group of people. This is for the Smuggler's Gambit radio drama, and I think all of us enjoyed it very much:

CVI15.jpg

CVI16.jpg

I really just loved this gal's creativity. I saw her all over, but hate trying to get photos when everyone else is too. Finally caught her after the radio drama:

CVI17.jpg

You've seen this before, Jon Berg and the Freaks at our after party photo:

CVI18.jpg

One just for my boy jimjimmyjones:

CVI19.jpg

Hard to get this group of freaks to all look normal, but oh well:

CVI20.jpg

... to be continued.

Last edited:
Great pics Gibby! :clap Can't thank enough for getting that print for me...it's going to look amazing! :hi5: looks like you guys had a blast and you seriously got a ton of good stuff.

If you don't mind me asking what did the rmq hoth print set you back?

No problem VASith! :duff
Yeah, her print came out great!

Just looked at the receipt for the prices...the full sig was $100, while the other two were $75 each.

:clap LOVE THE PICS, everyone!

Sweet haul, Aaron!! :rock What's the VI Lego EX? Just the tin? Is there a set inside?

Thanks FLOSI!
It's a mini Slave I....and he fits inside! :panic:

I like the print, but I love his sig! Had to show that puppy off!

Gibby thank you so much. They both look amazing and I can't wait for them to arrive. You must come to sdcc next summer.

No problem! :duff
One of these years, Josh!

awesome thread.
anyone get a McDiarmid?
is the people you meet.

I got an Ian, but on the 3 picture (triple shot) limited edition.
Unfortunately I got it in blue and now regret it. It was a skinnier blue marker and it just gets lost in the dark pic.

UT also got one on a different color photo. I should have followed his lead instead of getting it on the triple shot.
Oh well, I may sell this one at a discount and keep the old b&w 16x20 I got earlier.

Awesome pics so far Stormy!!!

Here's my Ian signature. The emperor wanted to know how to pronounce my name correctly. That was too cool for school!!

IMG_4614.JPG

... continued.

The three amigos after the freaks party:

CVI21.jpg

Hear no evil, speak no evil, see no evil?

CVI22.jpg

Glad I didn't discover this:

CVI23.jpg

The only freak I can count on to visit me in Vegas! UTtoyfan:

CVI24.jpg

Great way to start a day of 20 hours, two flights, and only four hours of sleep. Warwick Davis panel:

CVI25.jpg

And finally, back home, by minimal swag:
Trevas, my CV Walks signed by Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill just because it's out. Then, the most amazing prize I could ever have dreamed of, a matched set of AP canvas prints of the big three by McHaley.

CVI26.jpg

Other small items, including one of the last copies of The Force in the Flesh signed by the author, awesome Alien/Fett mashup I wouldn't have seen if it weren't for Waller, trading cards of the Shropts, my ticket stub to Kevin Smith, my Collection Stash pin, the 501st Imperial Banquet and Bash pin, a Sideshow gift card, my lucky Boba Fett that brought me from Seattle to Vegas and onward to CVI (many of the freaks squeezed him), and my Kenny Baker autographed photo:

CVI27.jpg

Luke:

CVI28.jpg

Han:

CVI29.jpg

Leia:

CVI30.jpg

What an absolutely amazing Celebration! Thanks everyone!

The End...

Last edited:
Indeed Gibby! You've got a lot of days to save for 2013. :wink

I've decided Shropt must be a long lost 80's adult film. :lol

Glad to see all the pics with names. :rock

Indeed Gibby! You've got a lot of days to save for 2013. :wink

I've decided Shropt must be a long lost 80's adult film. :lol

Glad to see all the pics with names. :rock

Actually I started the con with a mustache and goatee, shaved to just the mustache for the Willrow Hood gig and now I'm clean shaven to satisfy the wife. The stache was way out of control.

Back