STAR WARS: EP. I--The Phantom Menace in 3D: 2/10/12

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You may be the biggest advocate for this movie!!

Haha not sure how to take it but I see it how it is. Even I had huge issues with TPM when it came out... and not with the obvious things. I complained about the invasion not being more life-threatening, etc since the trailers made it seem like dooms day. "The death toll is catastrophic" "The people are dying, Senator, you must do something quickly." "Wipe them out. All of them" "This is a battle I do not think we can win." etc etc.

But all in all, TPM had pretty decent reviews at t he time, even getting two thumbs up from Ebert and the other guy. It was slightly cold and slow at parts but I liked the ideas that they brought to the table.

Actually... I think it's one of the best prquel trailers still...

[ame]https://youtu.be/1dWA9DwDQpM[/ame]

And Emperor's likeness is a bit off (he looks more like that guy in Braveheart)

I thought so, too, until I saw the promo image it was taken from.

SW-1950-P.jpg

Holy crap. Well Struzan drew it right.. it's that photo and makeup that is all wrong. Or basically he never makes that face in the movie.

Yeah, methinks it's just the weird face and lighting. Struzan was dead on with it, for sure, but it's just an odd choice considering the other options of Sidious images to work with.

Ugh, I saw the trailer for this thing. Sucks. As AWESOME as the original trailer was (deceivingly so) this latest trailer is ass. As inspired as their Rob Liefeld movie poster.

The 3D releases are really shaping up to be a lazy affair... but I'm sure it will make a ____-ton of money; even though I'm fairly meh about it I'll still see all 6 in the theater and subject my wife to them.

On the plus side if they keep to the one a year plan, but the time the OT starts my daughter will be 4 or 5 and ready to see them.

I am pretty sure that we all signed a contract with George when we were 3 years old to see every Star Wars release in the theaters for the rest of our natural lives.

I am pretty sure that we all signed a contract with George when we were 3 years old to see every Star Wars release in the theaters for the rest of our natural lives.

Yep, I still have the scar on my finger when they took the blood :lecture :lol

Quite true, Star Wars has played a huge part in life, ever wonder what our lives would be like without it? I probably would have more money...

Back