STAR WARS: EP. I--The Phantom Menace in 3D: 2/10/12

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had this issue with a girl a long, long time ago...

ESB got her hooked. I'd go with that one. They love the romance.

I actually got to introduce my wife to the saga. Had her watch ANH and ESB first then showed her TPM and AOTC. She thought Anakin was a tool in AOTC but then ROTS hit theaters a month later and that movie totally won her over.

She thought the OT was "cute" but not really something to get too invested in.

2013 lucas will come to your house and do the movie live------

:rotfl:rotfl

Did anyone watch the Star Warriors extra on the Blu Ray discs? In a nutshell people flew in from all over the world to march as storm troopers with Lucas at the Rose Bowl parade. The night before the parade Lucas had a dinner for everyone and he made an appearance and gave a short stupid speech about "we will conquer the universe, blah blah, blah " IMHO he came off looking like a fool. How about thanking everyone for helping make Star Wars what it is? I'm on my soapbox today.....

I'd start with ANH... if she doesn't like that she won't like any of the other's.

I'd try to show her the non-SE if at all possible.

I will probably pass on these in 3D. If I care to see them, I'll just wait for the 3D Bluray versions since it'll be the same price. If they don't come out in 3D Bluray, then I don't think I'll care that much. I finally caved on buying the Blurays, but am going to take them back since I got the Harmy versions! No big loss if I never seen EP I, II or III again.

They are HD (720p) versions of the OT that have been despecialized... or restored back to the theatrical versions.

Must have for a SW fan :lecture

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse. :lol

tpm_poster_2.jpg

https://www.rebelscum.com/

I took my wife on our first date to see The Phantom Menace opening day, the hype around it everyone in our high school was buzzing about it. We stood in line chatting for an hour and a half waiting to get in :lol I was planning on sitting this one out since it isn't my favorite but she insists on us going to see it so I guess I'll be there next month.

Just saw the first TV spot for this. I'm surprised they're still marketing it as "Star Wars: Episode I" with no mention of The Phantom Menace.

Gary Kurtz commented on that in 1999 about how it indicated a lack of confidence that the film would be strong enough to perform under its own moniker in the tradition of The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi.

Okay the TV spots are indeed saying "The Phantom Menace" now. Good.

And the last one I saw started out with the narrator saying, "Droids, Jedi, and....Jar Jar!!??" And then you see Jar Jar electrocuting himself and saying "How wude!"

I actually think that's a good way to market this. Quit pretending its this badass movie by strategically omitting Binks and Lloyd from the marketing as if they're fooling anyone anymore. Play it up as a mixed bag that we can all enjoy in spite of itself. Good move, IMO.

Okay the TV spots are indeed saying "The Phantom Menace" now. Good.

And the last one I saw started out with the narrator saying, "Droids, Jedi, and....Jar Jar!!??" And then you see Jar Jar electrocuting himself and saying "How wude!"

I actually think that's a good way to market this. Quit pretending its this badass movie by strategically omitting Binks and Lloyd from the marketing as if they're fooling anyone anymore. Play it up as a mixed bag that we can all enjoy in spite of itself. Good move, IMO.

yeah..... I'm gonna go see it again.

Its funny... even though I don't really care for post-prodcution 3Dification and I've seen TPM recently I still have to go :lol Its not really even a choice anymore; SW is in the theater = I've got to go see it :huh

Its funny... even though I don't really care for post-prodcution 3Dification and I've seen TPM recently I still have to go :lol Its not really even a choice anymore; SW is in the theater = I've got to go see it :huh

:lol That's how I feel too. Plus the fact I get to see it with some young'uns I know who didn't catch it the first time around.

I just saw the latest Underworld movie in 3D this weekend (I'm a sucker for hot chicks in tight outfits, what can I say :dunno) and I was disappointed they didn't show a trailer for TPM 3D (the trailers are in 3D also, btw). I'm on the fence as to whether to go or not and it might have pushed me one way or the other.

Back