STAR WARS: EP. I--The Phantom Menace in 3D: 2/10/12

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure I would have a lot more money... or maybe I'd have followed a life of crime and be in prison or dead now w/o Star Wars :huh

BTW, anyone else realize that not a day goes by where you don't think about Star Wars in at least some capacity? I realized this about 5 years ago and honesty since then I can't recall a single one :huh Even the day my kid was born I came hope to get a few items and walked in the collection room saw the SW figures and laughed at the irony of it :lol

I think it is because of the music that was used.
The OT music makes it so much more Star Wars instead of just Star Wars

Music choice is important but the trailer's editing was what made it good. It used dialogue that really made an impact. It actually made the movie look too good so people were disappointed. In retrospect, this is still the best executed prequel.

Compare that with how clumsy the Ep2 trailer is, also using original music:
[ame]https://youtu.be/Jj-7WagSc7Y[/ame]

And while we're at it, here's Ep3 trailer... that is also a bit awkward to start, gets better towards the end.
[ame]https://youtu.be/WHSU3KSK8dw[/ame]

The Ep1 trailer is just so expertly done from start to finish. Not this IMAX trailer though.. that one sucks.

Yep, I still have the scar on my finger when they took the blood :lecture :lol

The way some people act on here I'd say you're lucky to have taken it in the finger. :lol

I'm sure I would have a lot more money... or maybe I'd have followed a life of crime and be in prison or dead now w/o Star Wars :huh

BTW, anyone else realize that not a day goes by where you don't think about Star Wars in at least some capacity? I realized this about 5 years ago and honesty since then I can't recall a single one :huh Even the day my kid was born I came hope to get a few items and walked in the collection room saw the SW figures and laughed at the irony of it :lol

Every...day, and I do mean everyday. :duff

social-media-han-solo-pointing-finger1.jpg

Quoted for TRUTH!!!!

I knew i wasnt the ONLY one that felt this way...god knows it was confirmed also when i stood inline at C3....lol

I told that to my parents once about 10 years ago and they looked at me like I was insane. They probably are wondering what sort of son they raised whose priorities are so washed up he thinks about Star Wars at least once a day.

I also find myself thinking about baseball just about every day. And sex. And food.

I told that to my parents once about 10 years ago and they looked at me like I was insane. They probably are wondering what sort of son they raised whose priorities are so washed up he thinks about Star Wars at least once a day.

I also find myself thinking about baseball just about every day. And sex. And food.

Yep; sex, food, money, work come up daily as well.

I sometimes measure time by Star Wars movies. I sit at my desk at work and I think, "I've got eight more hours till I go home. That's episode four through six, plus a little bit of episode one." After that sometimes I even hum the asteroid feild music, or the imperial march. Somebody help me . . . Please.

My wife has NEVER seen any Star Wars film. She agreed to watch one film to see what it's all about. Then gradually she'll watch the rest, if she likes it. We had company over for dinner last week and her friend suggested that if she watches only ONE Star Wars film in her life, it should be ESB. Thoughts? Should I show ESB first? It will totally mess up any continuity, but it might be the best option to get her hooked to watch the others.

I think I'm gonna show her the Star Wars Holiday special first and tell her that's the first Star Wars film! :lol

My wife has NEVER seen any Star Wars film. She agreed to watch one film to see what it's all about. Then gradually she'll watch the rest, if she likes it. We had company over for dinner last week and her friend suggested that if she watches only ONE Star Wars film in her life, it should be ESB. Thoughts? Should I show ESB first? It will totally mess up any continuity, but it might be the best option to get her hooked to watch the others.

I think I'm gonna show her the Star Wars Holiday special first and tell her that's the first Star Wars film! :lol

O man, the Holiday Special will reel her in for sure! SOLD! Honestly, you've gotta show her Star Wars first. She has to start from the beginning. I'd even go so far to try and convince her to watch ESB as well, because it is (in my opinion) the pivotal SW film. Either way, may the Force be with you on this one...:lsvader:lsvader

My wife has NEVER seen any Star Wars film. She agreed to watch one film to see what it's all about. Then gradually she'll watch the rest, if she likes it. We had company over for dinner last week and her friend suggested that if she watches only ONE Star Wars film in her life, it should be ESB. Thoughts?

I'd definitely show her Harmy's ANH as her first introduction to the saga.

Back