Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, based on the quote ?there has been an awakening?, and indeed the title of the film, one can surmise Rey didn?t start connecting with The Force until TFA - and Snoke/Palps then became aware.

I said I'd give some thought to this idea of Rey needing a "Force Awakening" before Palps could reach her, and I have. It doesn't work. :lol In fact, the whole idea of a Force "awakening" in TFA should've been considered poor writing right from the outset. It doesn't really jibe with what the OT established and PT maintained.

If Force users who are related can only reach out to one another once the Force has been "awakened" in both, how did Luke reach Leia as he dangled from Cloud City? When was Leia's Force "awakened" before that? For that matter, when was the moment of Luke's? If Snoke and Kylo felt an awakening in TFA when it happened to Rey (as if they were using Xavier's Cerebro :lol), Palpatine and Vader would've felt it happening with Luke two years prior to ESB.

So, not only does it make zero sense that Palpatine could manipulate some unrelated kid inside his head since childhood (he surely would've done it with Anakin, and maybe even Luke), the whole idea of Ben Solo being corrupted from youth - yet not Rey - just doesn't fly. If he could corrupt a Skywalker offspring from a distance, he'd certainly be able to do the same with his own granddaughter.

Luke connected with Leia's mind from across the galaxy in TLJ without knowing her location/whereabouts, and Leia did the same with Ben and Rey (who had no bloodline connection) in TROS. So, I just can't see any reason (not bloodline, nor whereabouts, nor "awakenings") for Palpatine to need Rey hunted down rather than corrupted from a distance. Also, when ST logic doesn't line up with OT/PT established context, it falls apart for me.

Lol the two stooges still putting down the PT to uplift the ST I see. Also hilarious how they are the only ones in this thread doing so.

You guys can hate the PT all you want but the ST will forever go down in history as the franchise that destroyed Star Wars . Not the PT. Infact the PT just grew in popularity thanks to those awful films.

Sounds like someone needs a PT positivity thread, lol.

For me there was only one problem with the PT:

1. GL

It sucks that that's true.

you-want-the-impossible.jpg

GL Become The Villain.jpg

Yeah but being the villain is good as long as people google you, lol.

Maybe that should be added to the RT scores.

"Hmm everyone says they wanted two hours of their life back after watching it honey but look at that google score, let's give it a shot," lol.

Yeah but being the villain is good as long as people google you, lol.

Maybe that should be added to the RT scores.

"Hmm everyone says they wanted two hours of their life back after watching it honey but look at that google score, let's give it a shot," lol.

That's what Bill Cosby's publicist used to say. :lol

Well, I finally watched this. At 2.5x speed. And with skipping parts. The whole thing felt likethe last 20 minutes of a CW Season Finale, but somehow stretched over 2 hours. Hell, the whole ST felt like a Sy-Fy Sci-Fi show or something... Anyway, TROS was nothing special. Palpatine was fun. Kylo was... Kylo, but worse. The rest of them were... whatever they were. I like Oscar Isaac so I liked the Poe scenes. Compared to Carl Manvers Rey is pretty good, in hindsight. Lando was in the film too little. I was actually looking forward to seeing him, but all he does is spew some basic one liners and then sit down with the random black girl to tease a story that'll never happen. ****, why couldn't we have gotten comfy Lando and Poe adventures? Zorri was cool enough, but maybe that's because I like Keri Russel. Hux got an unceremonious end. I can keep going, typing short sentences about whatever comes to mind, but I've grown tired. All in all, it was just another ST movie. I won't think about it ever again.

As for my rankings, I can't be arsed to come up with numbers. I'll instead just do this:

Good Star Wars:

-ANH
-ESB
-ROTS

"I like it" Star Wars:

-Solo
-Rogue One
-GendyWars
-Mandalorian

"No strong opinions" Star Wars:

-TFA
-ROTJ

"Oh, no" Star Wars:

-TLJ
-TROS
-AOTC
-TPM
-FilloniWars

Nah I?m good with you dissing ROTS. In the mean time I?ll just keep destroying with facts as to why the ST failed. It?s fun to see you struggling to make sense of this mess. Like a mouse in a maze.

That's what Bill Cosby's publicist used to say. :lol

lulz

Well, I finally watched this. At 2.5x speed. And with skipping parts. The whole thing felt likethe last 20 minutes of a CW Season Finale, but somehow stretched over 2 hours. Hell, the whole ST felt like a Sy-Fy Sci-Fi show or something... Anyway, TROS was nothing special. Palpatine was fun. Kylo was... Kylo, but worse. The rest of them were... whatever they were. I like Oscar Isaac so I liked the Poe scenes. Compared to Carl Manvers Rey is pretty good, in hindsight. Lando was in the film too little. I was actually looking forward to seeing him, but all he does is spew some basic one liners and then sit down with the random black girl to tease a story that'll never happen. ****, why couldn't we have gotten comfy Lando and Poe adventures? Zorri was cool enough, but maybe that's because I like Keri Russel. Hux got an unceremonious end. I can keep going, typing short sentences about whatever comes to mind, but I've grown tired. All in all, it was just another ST movie. I won't think about it ever again.

As for my rankings, I can't be arsed to come up with numbers. I'll instead just do this:

Good Star Wars:

-ANH
-ESB
-ROTS

"I like it" Star Wars:

-Solo
-Rogue One
-GendyWars
-Mandalorian

"No strong opinions" Star Wars:

-TFA
-ROTJ

"Oh, no" Star Wars:

-TLJ
-TROS
-AOTC
-TPM
-FilloniWars

GendyWars lol

Oh no SW lol

Hmmm

You should switch ROTS with ROTJ but then create a new category called Great SW and put ANH/ESB in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lulz

GendyWars lol

Oh no SW lol

Hmmm

You should switch ROTS with ROTJ but then create a new category called Great SW and put ANH/ESB in there.

GendyWars was fun for what it was. Much better than Filloni's Waifuism, which I consider trash. And I like ROTS. Maybe it's nostalgia. I've seen that movie more times than I can count. But I genuinely enjoy and like it. ROTJ I just find "eh".

create a new category called Great SW and put ANH/ESB in there.

Two there are, no more, no less.

GendyWars was fun for what it was. Much better than Filloni's Waifuism, which I consider trash. And I like ROTS. Maybe it's nostalgia. I've seen that movie more times than I can count. But I genuinely enjoy and like it. ROTJ I just find "eh".

Waifu-ism? Who, Ahsoka?

Oh gosh yes GedneyWars blows away FiloniWars not even close.

I can?t stand how fast the Jedi fight in FiloniWars they all move so jittery.

Waifu-ism? Who, Ahsoka?
giphy.gif

Yeah, her. I tried watching the show back in the day and it's just.. ugh. In general I despise it for killing the Clone Wars Multimedia project and giving us the stale garbage that is Filloni's FanFic.

Oh gosh yes GedneyWars blows away FiloniWars not even close.

I can?t stand how fast the Jedi fight in FiloniWars they all move like Flash lol

GendyWars had SOUL. FilloniWars is just mass produced nothingness.

giphy.gif

Lol the two stooges still putting down the PT to uplift the ST I see. Also hilarious how they are the only ones in this thread doing so.

You guys can hate the PT all you want but the ST will forever go down in history as the franchise that destroyed Star Wars . Not the PT. Infact the PT just grew in popularity thanks to those awful films.

Time has been a little nicer to the PT because the kids who loved it are older now.

I imagine the same thing will happen with the ST.

As for killing SW... If you want to say its been killed.. Not sure I agree. That honor goes to TLJ and TLJ alone. People LOVED TFA (Not me). TLJ really divided the fans and TROS had to try and fix all the issues that that film created. TROS to me feels like it should be two movies instead of one. I would have been happy with a 3 hour epic.

And if it is dead... Well then so be it. I was happy for most of my life with just the OT... Then I had to spend a lot of time trying to forget the PT from my mind. The ST actually helped me be more accepting of the PT.

You could probably drop them all by one point in hindsight. ROTS is about the same as ROTJ, I find it better, but even by real critics they are about the same. TPM hate was way overdone and overly criticized. Outside of a few throw away lines from Anakin, I think it should be on par with ROTJ. Again, I have it higher. I'm a racing fan, so seeing a Star Wars styled race, pod racing, was awesome to see, where as others who aren't racing fans just viewed it as pointless. Never had a problem with Jar Jar. Don't understand the hate. He didn't ruin the movie. Sure, they focused a little too much on him near the end. Acting was good outside of the bad Anakin lines. AOTC had some awful love scenes, droid factory was a bit iffy, again some bad Anakin lines, but everything else I enjoyed and thought was done well.

Let me start off by saying that even though I have most of the ST ranked low I can still find some enjoyment out of it.

I am actually a pretty big fan of TPM and have deffended it serveral times. Anakin does not bother me like most and I actually kind of like Jar Jar. I did not when I first saw it but he has grown on me (Mostly because of TCW cartoon) I love the Pod Race, Qui Gon, Maul, and of course the Duel of the Fates. For all the flaws of TPM it feels the most like a STAR WARS movie when compard to the other two PT films. I think that is due to the sense of fun that exsisted in the film and the lack of every scene being a computer generated effect.

I cant get behind your good feeling for AOTC. There is nothing I really like. I could get behind EM Konobi performance but I hated the subplot he was a part of. The whole war at the end feels too much like a cartoon.. The CG has not aged well and IMO was never very good to begin with. I do like the Gladiator Pit mosters though :)

ROTS is a film that i just missed every pitch. What should have been the Ultimate saber Duel was just OK. The Turn of Vader should have been Epic but it was awkward. Yoda vs Emperor was just dumb. There is not really anything in the film that I find really enjoyable other then its a SW movie and thus watchable to me :)

That's the best thing the ST ever did. Made people realize the PT wasn't nearly as bad as they initially thought it was. I'm convinced a lot of people who bash the PT only saw it once and were pissed it changed things they didn't want to see change or didn't get there interpretation of things.

I said this way back when TFA came out.. The ST needed more Lucas (for his imagination) and the PT needed more Kasdan or just about anyone else to help Lucas lol.

However your argument for why people don't like the PT could be used against you with regards to the ST. If I don't like how the PT handled the Anakin / Vader character why is tat any different then you not liking how the ST handled Luke?

I think most have issues with the bad acting, corny dialogue, and dull direction.

And if it is dead... Well then so be it.

Exactly! :clap

I would hate it if they forever kept making new trilogies and were planning on Episodes X-XII, then XIII-XV and so on forever until we just had this meandering blob of neverending Star Wars "content." Screw that. I don't even need future Mando but I'll take it since it will provide a link between the two good trilogies.

Fury Road killed Mad Max. Okay fine, nice note to end on at least.

Ditto for BR2049. Oh well, so be it. Epic follow-up nonetheless.

So let TROS really be the final word in the story of Rebellion as Palpatine said. Everything else I'm hearing that is being planned by the SJW Story Group sounds stupid so I'd rather it die sooner than later anyway.

:lol :lol

Yeah, her. I tried watching the show back in the day and it's just.. ugh. In general I despise it for killing the Clone Wars Multimedia project and giving us the stale garbage that is Filloni's FanFic.

GendyWars had SOUL. FilloniWars is just mass produced nothingness.

giphy.gif

Yep GendyWars and Mando flashbacks are the best things that ever came out of the PT era.

NAh they aren't gonna stop making Star wars movies. it's just people aren't as excited for it anymore

NAh they aren't gonna stop making Star wars movies. it's just people aren't as excited for it anymore

Yeah they're definitely gonna try with at least three more, probably tied to that Project Luminous nonsense and starring Brie Larson as the lead Jedi. :yuck

maxresdefault.jpg

But the Saga is done as far as I'm concerned so I don't really care what they do from here on out.

Back