Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Omg when will this constant bickering ****ing end between which is better the pt or st. Its like comparing **** to **** and choosing which smells better (or which smells worse, it doesn't mean its better its just a matter of opinion and or taste not based on facts). People are passionate about their opinions, there is no objectivity. if you like the pt better, great stop banging your head against the wall trying to convince people its better than ST and visa versa. All these debates are dumb and go nowhere, nobody convinces anyone no matter how well written their point is on either side. Its futile and a complete waste of time

Your right but it?s still fun to debate and drag on the ST and watch khev and jye defend it with no facts to back up there arguments.

Each post is bashing the PT even tho this is no better and even worse as a matter of fact. I think even PT fabs admit they aren?t good movies but you just love em cause of different aspects. I liked rots cause I was young when it cake out and it was a different tone from the rest of the movies. Also I love fall from Grace type stories.

Now ST fans seem to think the story was wrapped up nice and brought together well. They seem to look over the bad writing and horrible character development. I understand liking it as a guilty pleasure but to say it tied up loose ends and was a respectable way to continue the series is hilarious.

I don?t mind the PT but there is a crap ton of stuff I would of changed , same with ROTS. ST was a dumpster fire that pretty much divided the fanbase harder than any other movie

Just the simple mere fact that Ford, Hamill, Fisher and Billy D are in the ST automatically made them better than the PT before shooting even started.

The second it was announced that they were returning it instantly put the ST above the PT.

This is what some people don?t understand and will never understand but thanks for trying to break my resolve it was a valiant effort lol

You PT guys wanting me to choose Jar Jar, Dex and little Boba over Han, Luke and Leia....

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I think you guys just don?t have a defense tbh. It?s just. PT bad. ST brought everything together

Defense of what??

Khev has been defending and proclaiming why he loves the ST all thread long.

Ive stated what I like and why I like I TROS.

If peeps don't like the defense that's fine.. They don't like the film or films and I that's OK

I did defend against some of his comments. But Ducky was also throwing things out there where I just had to laugh...Ok the scar didn't match up on Kylo's face.. If didn't have a side by side comparison I would have never noticed.. He complained of bad acting and bad dialogue (this from a PT apologist) ... What can I say.. I don't agree... Its the one thing that all three films had going for it was good performances from its main characters. Complaints about "All my friends" line from 3PO... Line does not bother me.

He does not like the film and it gets under his skin so things like that bother him. That's fine. Most of his complaints were aimed at TLJ.. I cant argue with him there.

On the other side of the coin. PT gets under my skin... He cant see it.. He defended things that I just don't agree with... Look at the clip from ROTS and how we both feel about it as an example. I hate just about everything about that scene.. And he loves it.. No problem :)

Then there is you... You say both the PT and ST are bad.. And yet you keep coming back for more. I think you a secret PT /ST fan :lol

I kid.. Always love talking to you... I just think that you don't like the answers you are given on why we like the movie.

Last edited:
Just the simple mere fact that Ford, Hamill, Fisher and Billy D are in the ST automatically made them better than the PT before shooting even started.

The second it was announced that they were returning it instantly put the ST above the PT.

This is what some people don?t understand and will never understand but thanks for trying to break my resolve it was a valiant effort lol

You PT guys wanting me to choose Jar Jar, Dex and little Boba over Han, Luke and Leia....

Because I dislike both the PT and the ST, I'd actually say that the fact the OT heroes are in the ST makes them worse for me. I could just sort of ignore the PT (which was easy enough to do because those movies really and truly don't feel to me like they take place in the same universe as the OT) but that's impossible with the ST because it's got Mark freakin' Hamill playing Luke Skywalker.

Because I dislike both the PT and the ST, I'd actually say that the fact the OT heroes are in the ST makes them worse for me. I could just sort of ignore the PT (which was easy enough to do because those movies really and truly don't feel to me like they take place in the same universe as the OT) but that's impossible with the ST because it's got Mark freakin' Hamill playing Luke Skywalker.

Before TROS I found it easier to ignore the PT.. It was basically a new story.. So it could all just end with TOTJ.

The PT on the other hand was dealing with how some of our main characters came to be. We all knew that Vader was Anakin Skywalker and wanted to hear the story of how he came to be. The PT was dealing with an already known history that's what frustrated me so much.

Well that is unfortunate then but for me I loved Hamill, Ford and Fisher in this even if not together onscreen.

You know what would?ve been worse for Hamill, Ford and Fisher?

Had Lucas made the ST with them in 99 instead of the PT we would?ve had AOTC quality SW but with the the OT actors! :horror

IMHO this is looking to be the year to not go to the theater

After all the criticism against Disney and revamping the SW saga. We have to admit ending the ST ( I’d called the Rey saga) last year was a smart move :lecture

Imagine Han and Lando being sent by Leia to deal with trade disputes in the New Republic while she stays home to take care of little Ben Solo played by Jake Lloyd, lol.

Holy crap Jake Lloyd Kylo is hilarious lol

Or

Kiwi Kylo with accent to Han:

Get um daad...Fyer....Fyer!

Defense of what??

Khev has been defending and proclaiming why he loves the ST all thread long.

Ive stated what I like and why I like I TROS.

If peeps don't like the defense that's fine.. They don't like the film or films and I that's OK

I did defend against some of his comments. But Ducky was also throwing things out there where I just had to laugh...Ok the scar didn't match up on Kylo's face.. If didn't have a side by side comparison I would have never noticed.. He complained of bad acting and bad dialogue (this from a PT apologist) ... What can I say.. I don't agree... Its the one thing that all three films had going for it was good performances from its main characters. Complaints about "All my friends" line from 3PO... Line does not bother me.

He does not like the film and it gets under his skin so things like that bother him. That's fine. Most of his complaints were aimed at TLJ.. I cant argue with him there.

On the other side of the coin. PT gets under my skin... He cant see it.. He defended things that I just don't agree with... Look at the clip from ROTS and how we both feel about it as an example. I hate just about everything about that scene.. And he loves it.. No problem :)

Then there is you... You say both the PT and ST are bad.. And yet you keep coming back for more. I think you a secret PT /ST fan :lol

I kid.. Always love talking to you... I just think that you don't like the answers you are given on why we like the movie.

Lol cause it?s fun coming back for more honestly and no I do t accept your answers tbh. I think you guys only like ST cause it?s what you got and it won?t get any better than that so you have to like it lol. But it?s fun debating . As I told khev it?s all in good fun.

giphy.gif

And yet they were killed off, didn?t share a moment together on screen and the main character was reduced to drinking boob milk to prop up the crappy under developed REy. Yea it was soooooooo worth the wait.

Let?s bring these characters back only to crap on them but OT purist won?t care they?ll give us money anyway

Lol cause it?s fun coming back for more honestly and no I do t accept your answers tbh. I think you guys only like ST cause it?s what you got and it won?t get any better than that so you have to like it lol. But it?s fun debating . As I told khev it?s all in good fun.

I cant speak for anyone else.. But I was prepared to write the ST off.. I really did not like the first two.. Ask Khev… I was not even excited by trailers for TROS. It was the first time ever that I had no interest in a new SW movie.. All thanks to TFA and TLJ.

Boy was I shocked that I liked TROS. Had nothing to do with the "Its what I got" theory. That's not my style at all. :)

:lol

Looks like more and more people are seeing the light. :yess:

Seriously it looks like so many of the posts you have put up on here.

I cant speak for anyone else.. But I was prepared to write the ST off.. I really did not like the first two.. Ask Khev? I was not even excited by trailers for TROS. It was the first time ever that I had no interest in a new SW movie.. All thanks to TFA and TLJ.

Boy was I shocked that I liked TROS. Had nothing to do with the "Its what I got" theory. That's not my style at all. :)

Seriously it looks like so many of the posts you have put up on here.

To be fair to me i?m the one that called out Maul survival to ajp so maybe I wrote that review lol

Back