Star Wars: The Acolyte

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually no, since a lot of is critic and viewer comments. The viewer comments are thoughtful.
Presentation matters.
I haven't trusted any critic comments since Black Panther 1. Although there was a case of a committed cast and director.

The more or less "split audience" is probably gonna be accurate. Maybe.
I don't care about critic or audience reviews, only opinion that matters to me is my own.

As it stands I think the show is fine. I'm not invested in it or the characters yet but it's entertaining enough and It's very obvious who the Sith master is. A certain character already has the exact build and cadence of them, modulated or not.

It was OK, not the worst thing I’ve seen.
The direction was a little flat, the chap from Squid Game was pretty good, bad hairstyles ahoy!

Eh, nothing special yet but entertaining enough. Certainly better than BOBFs first few episodes (though thats a low benchmark)

Ej6ZLN8.gif

Just wait 'til it revs up.

If Ahsoka was their lowest rated series with tons of fan favorite characters and a few genuinely decent episodes then I can't even imagine how poorly this show will do.
Most of Ahsoka was pretty good, especially for fans of Rebels And CW.

I think the fatigue amount the Gen Pop is real.

Mediocrity is not going to win them over. Also the more lore based convoluted history based shows are not gonna do well.

We saw the same with MCU, once they needed to explain action just to make a film, they lost the average audience member who's patience is about as deep as their intelligence.

I was thinking that it's Manny Jacinto's character (i.e., Mae's "supplier"). He's definitely more sinister than he's letting on with the Jedi. Hiding in plain site (much like Palpatine did) kind of tracks for a SW big bad.
My 2nd choice lol

It’s definitely one of the 2 but I guess your guy seems more obvious so that’s why i’m sticking with my goofy guy.

Last edited:
I was thinking that it's Manny Jacinto's character (i.e., Mae's "supplier"). He's definitely more sinister than he's letting on with the Jedi. Hiding in plain site (much like Palpatine did) kind of tracks for a SW big bad.
He literally talks exactly like the Sith. Look at his build too, same shoulders.

Mediocrity is not going to win them over. Also the more lore based convoluted history based shows are not gonna do well.

I alluded to it before, but I think that they have a hill to climb with both new and old viewers when the existing archetypes are so familiar:
  • Orphaned w/ family catastrophe (Osha, Mando, Luke)
  • Got a bone to pick w/ the Jedi upstart (Mae, Shin, early Maul)
  • We're gonna' make them pay for their lies (rock standing dude, Baylan, early Sheev)
  • Innocently good natured indecipherable droid (Pip, BB-8, B2EMO)
  • Stoic by-the-book Jedi (practically all of them*)
Is it any wonder that I miss Grievous twirling his Snidely Whiplash mustache whilst laughing at his opponents?

*especially on this show.

Most of Ahsoka was pretty good, especially for fans of Rebels And CW.

We saw the same with MCU, once they needed to explain action just to make a film, they lost the average audience member who's patience is about as deep as their intelligence.
This show is actually making me appreciate Ahsoka even more now. That show may have had some storytelling issues, but it at least looked fairly epic and had a sense of magic and wonder about it.

The direction in Acolyte is just so generic and uninspired in comparison, and really does seem like something from the CW.

I alluded to it before, but I think that they have a hill to climb with both new and old viewers when the existing archetypes are so familiar:
  • Orphaned w/ family catastrophe (Osha, Mando, Luke)
  • Got a bone to pick w/ the Jedi upstart (Mae, Shin, early Maul)
  • We're gonna' make them pay for their lies (rock standing dude, Baylan, early Sheev)
  • Innocently good natured indecipherable droid (Pip, BB-8, B2EMO)
  • Stoic by-the-book Jedi (practically all of them*)
Is it any wonder that I miss Grievous twirling his Snidely Whiplash mustache whilst laughing at his opponents?

*especially on this show.
Throw in female mechanic (Ahsoka, Peli, CW sisters, Rose, the incomparable Rey who knows more about the Falcon than Han).

Like - even with no training like Anakin would have had; and probably hardscrabble Tatooine, ALL women know sophisticated mechanics. Isn't anyone a baker or a grape stomper or sells cheap merch? Like do something different. Be a compost expert who goes around collecting *stuff* from all the visiting creatures, and makes bricks or something. :stake

Last edited:
This show is actually making me appreciate Ahsoka even more now. That show may have had some storytelling issues, but it at least looked fairly epic and had a sense of magic and wonder about it.

The direction in Acolyte is just so generic and uninspired in comparison, and really does seem like something from the CW.
Well, you decide to stay away from George Lucas, but instead *bond* with Filoni, and it's no wonder you get a show that feels Filoni-esque redux.

Wait until the heroine(s) meets Ahsoka in the World Between Worlds who intones "I too was conflicted. But you are both the light and the dark, so it doesn't matter if you &^%$ things up, it's all A-OK". :stake

Back