The Avengers: The Motion Picture Discussion Thread- Open SPOILERS -enter at own risk!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Avengers: The Motion Picture Discussion Thread

Maybe it is just that the new costume is so form fitting. The TFA suit was a little more bulky.

I think it will look fine while he is in motion. It is only in these still shots and in really slow motion that it looks bad.

Just my two cents. But, my wife did say "what happened to his head?" during the trailer last night. And she almost never notices things like that.

Maybe it is just that the new costume is so form fitting. The TFA suit was a little more bulky.

I think it will look fine while he is in motion. It is only in these still shots and in really slow motion that it looks bad.

Just my two cents. But, my wife did say "what happened to his head?" during the trailer last night. And she almost never notices things like that.

My wife was too busy drooling at Hemsworth :lol

Drooling isn't the only thing I do when I see ScarJo :monkey3

I don't think he looks fat.

Me neither. :dunno

Drooling isn't the only thing I do when I see ScarJo :monkey3

:lecture

ohyeah.gif
:monkey3 :lol

If they reduced the amount of his face showing and reduced the size of the eye holes, I think the mask would look better.
Scarlett_johansson_Black_Widow_Avengers_4.jpg

Jesus Christ. That is ____ing terrible. Hopefully he rips off his mask every chance he gets.

If they reduced the amount of his face showing and reduced the size of the eye holes, I think the mask would look better.

Perhaps he should've put on some blue Mascara Batman-style? :dunno

Last edited:

Jesus Christ. That is ____ing terrible. Hopefully he rips off his mask every chance he gets.

yeah everyone knows he's steve rogers anyway. no point in wearing a mask.

True.
I wonder how they'll explain this one.
Maybe he needs to wear this becaue it's more like a helmet ??? :dunno

I agree, it does make him look fat. He appears to be pouring out of the mask. At least, in this shot he does.

I think I see a large part of the problem. His mouth section on the mask has been decreased like Batmans was on TDK. On Captain America:TFA, the mouth section has alot more skin revealed. If they would've left the same amount visible, or increased the amount visible, it could've changed the appearance of the mask quite a bit.

captain-america-first-avenger-trailer-paramount.jpg

I think I see a large part of the problem. His mouth section on the mask has been decreased like Batmans was on TDK. On Captain America:TFA, the mouth section has alot more skin revealed. If they would've left the same amount visible, or increased the amount visible, it could've changed the appearance of the mask quite a bit.

captain-america-first-avenger-trailer-paramount.jpg

I agree, I think showing more skin would have helped the look, and from the photo you posted the helmet from first avenger looks alot thinner made, so not as bulky. But if they had just made the A more squarish like in the promo pics I think that would have just helped by blocking out alot more blue so that it doesn't look so roundish on the top.

Well we've seen how Cap's suit looks in official footage now and its obvious that nobody was overreacting to candid cell phone pics. The mask just doesn't look very good. Oh well.

Still looks good to me. Sure, there's room for a slight improvement, but if Caps ears/cheek bone placement is gonna be my only grip for the movie, then so be it
cap36__ypkas7dl.gif

Back