The Avengers: The Motion Picture Discussion Thread- Open SPOILERS -enter at own risk!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Avengers: The Motion Picture Discussion Thread

Only a game changer if it's good. We are all with nerd boners for the trailer but I remember that The Phantom Menace trailers before it came out caused the same reaction and we saw how that worked out. Cautiously optimistic over here but I'll definitely be there opening day.

Honestly - even if it tanked quality wise - I greatly admire them for the audacity of merging all of their films together from character to character and creating a common cinematic universe.

Sam J showing up in Iron Man was cool but when we had Stark sonic cannons in Hulk - it just went to a new level IMO.

I will be STUNNED (in a good way) if Gotham is even mentioned in passing in Man of Steel.

yup. all of the marketing and promotional images from this film have been photoshop fail.

:lecture

Yeah, there's some thing wrong when Thor is almost the same height as Black Widow and he's closer to the camera.

The staggered group shots where they are all the same foreground scale... :monkey4 Scarlet would be about 6'8" in some of those horrid mash-ups.

BTW - Any ideas as to what Black Widows gauntlets do when they light up? Not terribly familiar with the character and it wasn't addressed in IM2.

I will be STUNNED (in a good way) if Gotham is even mentioned in passing in Man of Steel.

I wouldn't be, Metropolis was mentioned multiple times in Batman films, I'm sure if I look hard enough I'll find other superhero references within Batman.

I'll be stunned if a character outside of the Superman universe makes even a brief appearance, even more so if it's an actual hero or alterego.

If they ever get rid of ScarJo - Amber Heard could do the job.
vSVxJ.jpg

I wouldn't be, Metropolis was mentioned multiple times in Batman films, I'm sure if I look hard enough I'll find other superhero references within Batman.

I'll be stunned if a character outside of the Superman universe makes even a brief appearance, even more so if it's an actual hero or alterego.

I always thought that was cool when they did that. Nowadays, I don't know.. it just have a hard time seeing them try to tie in Bat-Nolan with Zackerman. I don't think there was a reference to anything in Green Lantern.

If they ever get rid of ScarJo - Amber Heard could do the job.
vSVxJ.jpg

I could see that...

I'm definitely hating the updated Captain America suit. The more and more I look at it the more I don't like it.

I always thought that was cool when they did that. Nowadays, I don't know.. it just have a hard time seeing them try to tie in Bat-Nolan with Zackerman. I don't think there was a reference to anything in Green Lantern.

I could see that...

I'm sorry, see what? The only things I see are...oh never mind.

And a special thanks to The Entity for my really awesome banner. You rock my friend!

Well here is the breakdown of that.
  • They won't tie in Nolanverse with Superman: MOS because the Rebooted Batman will be from the shared universe
  • Green Lantern didn't have major cameos because it was supposed to "kick off" the new film DCU. Basically it was the "Iron Man" of the DCU or was supposed to be. Everything was to spawn from it. This is why Amanda Waller spoke about the first alien contact and why people were saying "The World's First Superhero". GL was supposed to be patient zero with everything coming due to his appearance, including Superman's first appearance.
  • In Green Lantern's early draft it contained both a cameo by Lucius Fox and Clark Kent.
  • The cameo by Lucius Fox was cut because they didn't want to confuse audiences by having a Fox that wasn't Freeman but might not carry into the new Batman as well.
  • The cameo by Clark was cut (he was supposed to be covering the test jet) because movement on Man of Steel hadn't progressed to casting fully.
  • The producers tried to get Tom Welling to play Clark but WB refused and I believe he did too and so that whole sequence was cut.
  • Green Lantern DID reference Talok as being destroyed by Parallax, Talok is where the DC character Starman is from and in his history Talok has multiple planets by the same name separated by Roman numerals. ie: Talok VII
  • All specific references to Green Lantern were supposedly cut (rumor) from future DCU projects like Man of Steel or the new Batman because it is still in the air what they are doing with it. Originally Reynolds spoke about having possible cameos in other films but that was before release.

The thought that this woman is a lesbian is such a shame... sigh.

Really? It makes her hotter to me, I can't help fault a woman who enjoys the same things I do.

Yeah because that is what is hurting my chances with Amber Heard.

tumblr_lf5sj1Ztp81qf8yek.gif

Mike you've passed the first point about a Batman reboot tying into the new Superman as fact. Where've you heard this from then?

Back