The Avengers: The Motion Picture Discussion Thread- Open SPOILERS -enter at own risk!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Avengers: The Motion Picture Discussion Thread

I don't like that new suit at all so far.
Those silver thing on his shoulder are odd and the boots are fugly and cheap.
He looks way too thin.
His neck seems too think too wihc makes his head too big.
He doesn't look like the badass cap i knew form the comics.

At first look at these pics I thought the same thing, too thin.

But I got tell ya, overall it still looks all kinds of bad ass with him standing ontop of that truck giving orders with the double finger point and also with that explosion behind him. :panic:

Oh. btw, hopefully i'll get to meet you come Sept 10th :rock

Thanks for posting the vid snoop :rock :rock

I don't like that new suit at all so far.
Those silver thing on his shoulder are odd and the boots are fugly and cheap.
He looks way too thin.
His neck seems too think too wihc makes his head too big.
He doesn't look like the badass cap i knew form the comics.

I agree. I think he looks dorky as hell. Hopefully looks better on video...

New suit looks freaking bad ass! I love how it came out and Evans looks just as good in this one as he did in the WWII suit.

thank you so much for these images and videos this movie is truly a dream come true!!!

thank you so much for these images and videos this movie is truly a dream come true!!!

It's this fanboy's dream come true! :rock :rock

As far as Cap's suit is concerned...while I think the WWII suit is better, I like the modern suit as well and I think it'll look good on screen. :D

New suit looks freaking bad ass! I love how it came out and Evans looks just as good in this one as he did in the WWII suit.

WWII suits makes him look more muscular IMO, this new one not so much.

I loved how the WWII one was very functional with the straps and all, it made sense.

In this new one i just think everything is all wrong, the zippers on the legs, those boots the silver thing on his shoulder.

Read an interview with Evans on how he'd like the other CA films (non-Avenger ones) to continue in the WWII timeframe. Not sure CA1 set it up right for that. Loved the movie, but it truncated CA's WWII exploits into a short period before he was lost and frozen. Also, for Avengers, since it comes out before a CA2, I wonder how they will develop CA into such a strong leader considering if you take CA1 as a whole, you don't see exactly strong leadership like in the comics, etc. You saw the beginnings of a leader, but not someone that is going to be telling Tony Stark what to do or anyone else on the team...

I loved how the WWII one was very functional with the straps and all, it made sense.

this new one needs more useless pouches :lecture Where's Liefeld when you need him? :lol

Aside from the zippers, I prefer this Avengers costume. The deeper blue color and red gloves & boots instead of brown especially pop. Actually the USO suit, with leather jacket and such, is a more interesting and comic bookish look than the one with gray straps and pouches.

As far as CA2, I think they said in some interview they put in the montage so there would be room for further WWII stories, his battle with Red Skull was not his first and only adventure in the 40s.

Last edited:

The Avengers Battle Scene Day 2 - Cleveland, Ohio - YouTube

More Action on the Avengers Set

avengerssetmilitary2.jpg

avengerssetmilitary1.jpg

THISGONBGUD.gif

This looks more expansive than the damage in Chicago for TF3.

I like that Johnston paid no attention to story plans for The Avengers and gave Cap his own movie.

https://www.movieweb.com/news/exclu...t-spin-from-captain-america-the-first-avenger

Joe Johnston: Chris Evans plays a slightly different character in The Avengers. Which I think is good. I think he should be a different character, because he is in a different world. He is still Steve Rogers, and he retains those traits that make him the guy we all call Captain America, but at the same time, he should be different. Now? He is a man out of time. It should affect him. I really don't know anything about The Avengers, and I chose not to get involved in it. I haven't read the script, I haven't seen any footage. Because I didn't want it to influence me. I didn't want to think, "That is what they are doing in that one? Hmm? I better rethink this." I wanted this movie to stand-alone. As a period film. As the only Marvel film that is period. It is the only superhero movie of the summer that is period too. I think we are going to stand alone, and be different from the rest. Though, it is a busy summer. There are a lot of movies out there."

That calls into question what will happen with the character of Steve Rogers should Joe Johnston come back for Captain America 2. Having stayed away from The Avengers, how does that affect his approach to the sequel?

"I would definitely look at it, and see what they've done. We have talked about a sequel to this film possibly staying in the 1940s. He had a lot of his interests, and he was Captain America for three years during WWII, so there are more stories there. We don't necessarily have to come back to the present day with it. Though, we could..."

Captain America: The First Avenger was released July 22nd, 2011 and stars Chris Evans, Hayley Atwell, Sebastian Stan, Tommy Lee Jones, Hugo Weaving, Dominic Cooper, Richard Armitage, Stanley Tucci. The film is directed by Joe Johnston.

The Avengers comes to theaters May 4th, 2012 and stars Robert Downey Jr., Scarlett Johansson, Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Samuel L. Jackson, Don Cheadle, Clark Gregg, Tom Hiddleston. The film is directed by Joss Whedon.

It sounds like he didn't see X:FC since we all know that was also a superhero period movie released this summer.

Back