"The Dark Knight" 2008 !!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Walking on egg shells because an actor died is the silliest thing I've heard of since airbrushing the World Trade Center out of Spider-Man posters.

Whatever the reason they say they don't do something, they still manage to use
it to do what they say they aren't doing. It's called spin.

But when they don't release a product because the actor portraying the character dies, and then talk about it in the media, thus brining unneeded attention to the tragedy, isn't that kind of worse than just releasing the product as planned?

Maybe I'm insensitive, but I just don't see how the actor's personal business affects the toys and marketing at all. Not releasing the product, or changing the marketing won't stop the media from pushing the story to the forefront, in fact, it encourages them. Why do that?

Whatever the reason they say they don't do something, they still manage to use
it to do what they say they aren't doing. It's called spin.

Word.

Because they don't want to appear insensitive, but still want the media hype. So they play up how ethical they are being. They still make marketing product, just that they might sacrifice the camera, because it wasn't big in their scheme of things to start with. Who knows, it may just have been an idea that never made it to the board to begin with.

I get the whole wanted to respect the character while not exploiting the actor but not sure what a line of cameras has to do with that especially considering all the product released....now if they had a line of Joker Cold Medicine, fine I understand that but cameras? Would have thought they would have had a better product, a more relatable one to spin with.

I'll have to find time to go to one of the Six Flags that have these rides some day.

https://www.prnewswire.com/mnr/sixflags/33238/

"The attraction also introduces new, customized footage featuring District Attorney Harvey Dent (as portrayed by Aaron Eckhart), produced and shot specifically for THE DARK KNIGHT Coaster. The ride also incorporates audio and visual elements from the film which will debut July 18, 2008, offering guests a sneak peak."

SWEET!

I'll have to find time to go to one of the Six Flags that have these rides some day.

"The attraction also introduces new, customized footage featuring District Attorney Harvey Dent (as portrayed by Aaron Eckhart), produced and shot specifically for THE DARK KNIGHT Coaster. The ride also incorporates audio and visual elements from the film which will debut July 18, 2008, offering guests a sneak peak."

SWEET!

Quite a few vids on youtube, if interested.

Before you guys buy some of those new 24x36 posters off eBay, check out your local Blockbusters first. Mine has all of those TDK posters, plus a couple more I haven't seen.

SWEET!

I wonder if they're doing this in the Gotham section of the Six Flags here in Atlanta.

I wonder if they're doing this in the Gotham section of the Six Flags here in Atlanta.

So far Six Flags is only opening the Dark Knight coasters at the one in New Jersey(which the link is from), and Six Flags Great America in Gurnee, IL.

Sorry to have another post in a row, but I needed to post this! I'm watching Smallville season finale right now, and they just had another commercial for The Dark Knight. This one was different than the first two. Hopefully it'll be on Youtube later tonight/tomorrow! :)

So far Six Flags is only opening the Dark Knight coasters at the one in New Jersey(which the link is from), and Six Flags Great America in Gurnee, IL.

Gurnee is getting it? I hope the original Batman stays, that's my favorite coaster! Hell, standing in line listening to Prince is pretty fun too! :lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NHPH98k4v0

Final shot is SO golden. "Hmmm..." :lol

joker1bx2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back