"The Dark Knight" 2008 !!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
grangewallis said:
Oh Agent0028, You are the living end!

J/K I know what you mean…
Nice pictures, I think that looks cool, I think the patchwork jacket looks cool too. I don't really know enough about Joker to judge how his character should be or whatever. I definitely think that making a darker Joker would be cool. My problem is just that when I see a movie with "disturbing" images for some very annoying reason it gives me nightmares. Which feels really stupid and silly to say, but you can't help how your brain processes information when turning it to dreams. So I have to be careful when I watch movies and stuff. Like Pan's Labyrinth, it looks really awesome, but I'm pretty sure if I see it I will toss and turn with nightmares. Same thing happened with The 6th Sense, excellent movie, it wasn't scary or anything but when I went to bed several hours later I kept waking up with nightmares. It really sucks.

I like nightmares...seriously! What better horror movie than one in your mind? And I've had some great ones.

I wouldn't mind the nightmares so much if I didn't wake up after them and not get a good nights sleep. I actually tend to yell in my sleep when I have nightmares too so the entire household prefers it when I don't have them. :lol Glad to know I'm not the only one who has them after seeing a scary movie or something.

For me, scary movies don't give me nightmares, but they do keep me from getting to sleep sooner.

Anyway, I do hope the Joker is dark and twisted. I like those drawings grangewallis did. As long as those different materials were dyed purple I'd be 100% OK with that design. Heck, it would tie into Two-Face's outfit if the Joker ends up being the one that scars Dent.

Buttmunch said:
For me, scary movies don't give me nightmares, but they do keep me from getting to sleep sooner.

Anyway, I do hope the Joker is dark and twisted. I like those drawings grangewallis did. As long as those different materials were dyed purple I'd be 100% OK with that design. Heck, it would tie into Two-Face's outfit if the Joker ends up being the one that scars Dent.

Yeah - I didn't have a purple highlighter - Has to be purple.

I wonder if they'll stick with the "fell in a vat of chemicals" origin for the Joker or if they'll go another direction with it.

Personally I like the scarred face idea and maybe the scars send him over the edge and he starts wearing the make up to try and disguise them and also because being dressed as a clown makes him seem scarier when he commits his crimes.

I think the man goes over the edge and starts dressing like a scary clown makes more sense in Nolan's realistic world, than a guy getting dropped into a vat of toxic chemicals and ending up with his face burned to look exactly like a clown.

JABBATHERIDGE said:
I wonder if they'll stick with the "fell in a vat of chemicals" origin for the Joker or if they'll go another direction with it.

Personally I like the scarred face idea and maybe the scars send him over the edge and he starts wearing the make up to try and disguise them and also because being dressed as a clown makes him seem scarier when he commits his crimes.

I think the man goes over the edge and starts dressing like a scary clown makes more sense in Nolan's realistic world, than a guy getting dropped into a vat of toxic chemicals and ending up with his face burned to look exactly like a clown.

From my understanding
Small Spoiler

At the start Joker wears a Clown mask and after a incident* with Batman gets disfigured with a permanent Clown like face...:rolleyes:

JABBATHERIDGE said:
Interesting.

I'll be keen to see what direction Nolan takes with the character, I'm sure it'll be the right one, he did a good job with Scarecrow.

To be honest, the Scarecrow was easy to get right and do... A Doctor, who gets off on making his patients suffer... I don't think he'd be any harder to do that a rapist or serial killer on screen. imo.

I LOVE the fact that this Joker will be so dark, twisted, and horrible. I can't get enough of horror movies so I also hope it gets an R rating. Screw the little kids, let's make this an adult event! ...may the Joker be his toughest enemy yet!

Last edited:
I think Joker is gonna be great also, and the fact that Dent is being set up will make it even better. I think DC/WB said there will be no killing of the Batvillians ala Two-Face in the movies that dont exsist. I think though that Riddler can be brought in eventually. He was characterized as Riddler pretty good before but Jim Carry was just too campy. Now imagine if Robin Williams got the role like was rumored and played it somber and dark. Very interesting. I say Riddler should be the Rouge in 4.

Yeah I think the Riddler would be a good choice, but they need to play him the same way he was played in BTAS and the comic books, rather than the campy OTT performance Frank Gorshin and Jim Carey turned out in the live action stuff.

I also think the suit jacket and bowler hat might be the best costume to go with, rather than the skin tight green lycra.

I think a Gorshin-esque Riddler could work very well if they made him a little darker rather than campy. As for Joker, Batman shouldn't be "creating" the Joker with any act done upon him. The Joker already left his calling card at the end of batman Begins showing that he already thinks of himself as the clown prince of crime.

True

They don't need to retread the Joker's origin in any case, it was established in the first Burton Batman movie.

There's fifty plus years of stories to choose from, no need to go over the same old ground by the sixth movie.

They may choose to do something pretty different with the origin though and if they did, that'd be okay in my book.

I hope they keep at least some of the Batman villains alive, or given them an ambiguous death at the end of the movies.

That way they can always bring them back, depending how many subsequent films are made, in Joker's case its particularly important.

I think that's part of what went wrong with the old franchise and why by the end of movies 3 and 4 they started to let the villains live.

Well that and the dialogue and dodgy sets, bad lighting, subtle gay references, Joel Schumacher's directing and George Clooney as Batman LOL.

A fewpics from the movie. Not sure if these have been posted in here? Enjoy.

Joker, doing something...

jokerimax.jpg

A Bank Robbery

dark-knight1x-1.jpg

Ironman1188 said:
I think a Gorshin-esque Riddler could work very well if they made him a little darker rather than campy. As for Joker, Batman shouldn't be "creating" the Joker with any act done upon him. The Joker already left his calling card at the end of batman Begins showing that he already thinks of himself as the clown prince of crime.
I totally forgot about that. Good point!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back