"The Dark Knight" 2008 !!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heath Ledger interview from Empireonline.

* "[My Joker is] a combination of reading all the comic books I could that were relevant to the script and then just closing my eyes and meditating on it. I sat around in a hotel room in London for about a month, locked myself away, formed a little diary and experimented with voices —- it was important to try to find a somewhat iconic voice and laugh. I ended up landing more in the realm of a psychopath —- someone with very little to no conscience towards his acts. He’s just an absolute sociopath, a cold-blooded, mass-murdering clown, and Chris has given me free rein. Which is fun, because there are no real boundaries to what The Joker would say or do. Nothing intimidates him, and everything is a big joke."

Sounds great to me!:D

* "[My Joker is] a combination of reading all the comic books I could that were relevant to the script and then just closing my eyes and meditating on it. I sat around in a hotel room in London for about a month, locked myself away, formed a little diary and experimented with voices —- it was important to try to find a somewhat iconic voice and laugh. I ended up landing more in the realm of a psychopath —- someone with very little to no conscience towards his acts. He’s just an absolute sociopath, a cold-blooded, mass-murdering clown, and Chris has given me free rein. Which is fun, because there are no real boundaries to what The Joker would say or do. Nothing intimidates him, and everything is a big joke."

Now that sounds like Joker. :cool:

Sat around a hotel room in London for a month. He couldn't do that at home?

I'm going to try and get the newspapers out on Friday. So if you haven't made me laugh yet, do so soon and you can get yours sent off too.

Here is my problem: HOW do I send a newspaper? :confused: They are too big for an envelope, not big enough for a package, and unneccesary for a padded envelope. They send them in a, I guess for lack of a better word, LARGE Priority Mail envelope, which I'm sure it probably flat rate. I want to get these to everyone in good condition, but I don't think anyone wants to pay $5 for a newspaper.

So, any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Nice. Someone that gets the character and will play the character instead of playing themself.

Let's play "Can you find the actors?" hehehe:cool: Thanks to SHH for the photo.
1253913414_52b575b15c_b.jpg

Last edited:
Haven't heard much about Morgan Freeman, Michael Caine or Gary Oldman - I hope they don't fall by the wayside in this film - I think they contributed a lot to the first one.

Yep! That's all I saw. She's sorta got that Katie Holmes look from far away.

If you squint and don't really look at her. :lol

Katie Holmes has that awkward, sad kind of cute with a nice set of chesticles.

Maggie Gyllenhall has that geeky, goofy kind cute with little chesticles.

Excellent casting....:rolleyes:

Despite the obvious faux-pas of not just creating a new character and casting Maggie in it, I can't wait for this one. Love that Joker!

If you squint and don't really look at her. :lol

Katie Holmes has that awkward, sad kind of cute with a nice set of chesticles.

Maggie Gyllenhall has that geeky, goofy kind cute with little chesticles.

Excellent casting....:rolleyes:

Despite the obvious faux-pas of not just creating a new character and casting Maggie in it, I can't wait for this one. Love that Joker!

Chesticles!:rotfl:rotfl
Yeah, and you gotta be really really really far away to see the resemblance:D

Haven't heard much about Morgan Freeman, Michael Caine or Gary Oldman - I hope they don't fall by the wayside in this film - I think they contributed a lot to the first one.
Definitely, especially Oldman. His portrayal of Gordon helped balance the absurdity of a guy in a rubber suit and bat ears in a movie that was taking itself very seriously. They'll need that even more with both Batman and Joker in this new film.

i have to admit that i was pretty skeptical when i first heard that ledger was going to be playing the joker -- he just seemed too young and really hadn't exhibited anything like the type of presence i would expect in joker, but the more pictures i see, the less apprehensive i feel -- i'm getting really excited about this movie!!

I like Ledger's look of The Joker. He looks homicidal, like he'd just walk up and bite off your face. I'm very excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back