"The Dark Knight" 2008 !!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Incorrect. Hans was heavily involved with the first. And, yes, Klaus was involved as well, since his name is on the front of the soundtrack. :D

I think it was a partnership of sorts, like John Carpenter and Alan Howarth collaborating on Halloween 2.

If you listen to COTBP, DMC and AWE soundtracks, I find I think Klaus Badet had more influence on Curse's score, Zimmer's got a distinct style and all of his films feel like a piece of a collection, like Williams and Goldsmith, and Curse just sounds different from the other 2 films.

I think it was a partnership of sorts, like John Carpenter and Alan Howarth collaborating on Halloween 2.

If you listen to COTBP, DMC and AWE soundtracks, I find I think Klaus Badet had more influence on Curse's score, Zimmer's got a distinct style and all of his films feel like a piece of a collection, like Williams and Goldsmith, and Curse just sounds different from the other 2 films.

I believe it was in a podcast I was listening to. Klaus talked about how he brought Zimmer in to "lay out" a general theme for the film. Zimmer ended up latching on for the entire project since he had worked on Gore Verbinski films in the past.

DMC and AWE were going to continue the Klaus/Hans collaboration, but Klaus turned it down since he "didn't want to do the same music again." Shame, really.

Yeah, LOVED the fact that you could download the trailer to the computer. So, I loaded it, converted it to an MP4, and saved it to the PS3 so I can watch it on the TV. Turned out really well, and it didn't lose any of its' HD'ness.

This is awesome, I can't wait for it, I hope they put up the IMAX prologue sometime. One question though, is the IMAX preview actually part of the film or is it something that they shot specifically for promotion?

It's the actual first 6 min from what I read. I highly doubt it will be put online. It's an IMAX thing.

Also, when the movie is released there will be an "IMAX Experience" of TDK showing all the scenes (4 or more, including this) that were filmed with the IMAX camera.

I wonder how much of 'I Am Legend' s box office was because of the trailer and 6min?

Zimmer doing TDK along with James Newton Howard.

Can't stand Zimmer... I cringe everytime I hear his hokey Bruckheimer scores, but JNH is a brilliant choice, His KONG score was equally brilliant...

My only other suggestion would be Howard Shore... but he rarely collaborates...

and of Course my man James Horner, "ALIENS".

It's the actual first 6 min from what I read. I highly doubt it will be put online. It's an IMAX thing.

Also, when the movie is released there will be an "IMAX Experience" of TDK showing all the scenes (4 or more, including this) that were filmed with the IMAX camera.

I wonder how much of 'I Am Legend' s box office was because of the trailer and 6min?

Why wasn't the entire movie shot with IMAX film? Financial reasons? I know the IMAX camera is bloody huge, so that may have played a part in the decision, but I don't know...

Why wasn't the entire movie shot with IMAX film? Financial reasons? I know the IMAX camera is bloody huge, so that may have played a part in the decision, but I don't know...

Yeah, I hear they're just a huge pain to use. Way to big, and I think focusing on things is a bit of a pain as well. I think it would've just been far too hard to shoot some many action scenes with a camera that big. I guess there's a reason they usually only make nature doucumentaries with them.

:drool Offical released trailer. Awesome, simply awesome.

Anyone notice the "Why So Serious?" line is said to the Comissioner? I'm wondering if the Joker DOES kill him and Gordon takes his place, so the "Evening Comissioner" is a sick joke.

Last edited:
Anyone know how to get the link that says "For your iPod" to work?

Edit: NVM its the teaser trailer I was looking at.

:drool Offical released trailer. Awesome, simply awesome.

Anyone notice the "Why So Serious?" line is said to the Comissioner? I'm wondering if the Joker DOES kill him and Gordon takes his place, so the "Evening Comissioner" is a sick joke.

Yeah, I caught that as well.... Interesting development. Would make it all the more sick when he delivers that line. :lol

Good news on my front... I found a sculpt that will work for a Ledger lookalike... Am now gathering parts for the suit and coat. :rock

Don't forget the fact that they broke the first IMAX camera while they were shooting some action scenes under Wacker Drive in Chicago. That thing is expensive!

Don't forget the fact that they broke the first IMAX camera while they were shooting some action scenes under Wacker Drive in Chicago. That thing is expensive!

And it's not just the camera, the film is extremely expensive and really big so it's hard to work with the film as well.

Yeah, I caught that as well.... Interesting development. Would make it all the more sick when he delivers that line. :lol

Good news on my front... I found a sculpt that will work for a Ledger lookalike... Am now gathering parts for the suit and coat. :rock

Sweet. I've been thinking about doing the same with the Rickenbacker figure, so if you find some things for the clothes please let me know where! It willl at least hold us over till the Hot Toys one.

Just watched the trailer. Is the Joker wearing makeup? wtf? :monkey4

Yes it is just make up. Remember, Nolan's Batman is realistic. Realistically, falling into a vat of whatever is not going to turn your skin white, lips bright red, or your hair green. Honestly, it just makes the Joker that much more sick and twisted because he is putting the make up on himself. Plus he has nasty scars that extend his "smile" on the sides of his face.

I would have done the Joker exactly the same if I had to continue with the realistic nature of the films.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back