"The Dark Knight" 2008 !!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The movie looks good from the previews but I still don't like the direction the suit is taking.:monkey4

If you watch the trailer and go frame by frame where Batman lands on the roof of the car (at 21 seconds if someone can do a screen capture), it looks like he is wearing the Begins style suit. So at some point in the movie some circumstances must force the "upgrade" in the suits but I still prefer the Begins suit to this new one.

If you watch the trailer and go frame by frame where Batman lands on the roof of the car (at 21 seconds if someone can do a screen capture), it looks like he is wearing the Begins style suit. So at some point in the movie some circumstances must force the "upgrade" in the suits but I still prefer the Begins suit to this new one.

I've got the HD trailer, I'll see if any stills are in focus enough to judge. That concept would be cool IF they don't go the Shumacher route where Batman just happens to have this pimped out suit waiting for the right occassion. I'd rather see something like Joker kick his ass, all hope lost, Gotham in turmoil, Gordon helpless and Bruce left to his most basic skills and knowlege, challeneged to find an answer to save Gotham and arriving at the super suit through a more believable path instead of the Batman Returns cheese.

If the new suit allows Bale more freedom of movement, I'm all for it. It certainly looks to be the least constricting of the movie batsuits.

I've got the HD trailer, I'll see if any stills are in focus enough to judge. That concept would be cool IF they don't go the Shumacher route where Batman just happens to have this pimped out suit waiting for the right occassion. I'd rather see something like Joker kick his ass, all hope lost, Gotham in turmoil, Gordon helpless and Bruce left to his most basic skills and knowlege, challeneged to find an answer to save Gotham and arriving at the super suit through a more believable path instead of the Batman Returns cheese.

First, just to clarify, I don't think you meant Returns. The suit in Returns was only slightly changed from the first film. Maybe you meant Forever?

As for the new movie, here's the shot that definitely shows the Begins suit:

batsuit1.jpg

And here's one with the new suit, that shows that in at least some scenes, it will be highly visible (well-lit). And to be honest, in this shot it looks kind of goofy to me:

batsuit2.jpg

:lol When I first was getting Eddie, I said I'd go more classic and you would go more Dark Knight. Now I'm going more Dark Knight and you more classic! :rotfl

I can't sculpt well either, but at least you can paint. I hope to make something to hold me over just until Hot Toys does theirs.

Where did you find some of the Dark Knight clothing? I found a tie and that is about it. I'd even settle for just finding a vest, shirt, and pants for the jail scene.

I don't know if you noticed, but Eddie has almost identical gloves to the ones Heath is wearing!

Well, since I found a head that can work for Heath... I'm going to make two Joker figs. :lol

The clothes, I found a grey suit set that I am going to dye the jacket and pants deep purple and the vest green. Will probably dye a shirt dark blue as well and paint the design on the parts you can see. Same with the tie. The hands I have as well, have a few pairs of perfect hands for him. All I will need is to attach a custom chain and that is it. :rock

I read the new suit is a modified cycling outfit. Bruce was forced to find something quickly due to "circumstances" beyond his control.

Well, on the suit, I'm sure we'll see a scene explaining the changes...

With that said, I have no problem with it, it will be black on black. Yeah, there is some busier than necessary "gothic" design changes... and they seem to be ill-conceived at first blush. I don't know who they hired as Production Designers for the suit but I am guessing it ain't some Old School type, maybe a more Euro "Fashion Conscious" Type if ya know what I mean.

Either way I'm all in for a TDK HT Line.

I'm all for a Takara TDK Batman and an HT Joker, I'll get behind an HT Batman if they show improvement on the HS from the Begins figure.

Either way I'm all in for a TDK HT Line.
Yeah, I can't wait to see some HT TDK stuff. Just in the relatively short time since the HT Begins figure came out HT has taken their game to a new level. I expect Bats and Joker will be nothing short of amazing.

Very nice! Mine is coming as well, did the forehead sculpting as well as the bottom set of teeth. Just need to sculpt the hair tomorrow and it will be put in the oven. :rock

I was only sucessful in sculpting the scars. As you saw earlier, my sculpted hair didn't turn out so well. I'm surprised how just the scars were enough to get him really creepy. The face paint helps a ton too. I think you all will be surprised with my Nolan twist :monkey3

Scubasteve, :lol Maybe when Hot Toys announces theirs, I'll sell you mine for the cost of theirs. :lol

Ok. Here it is. My very first serious attempt at serious customization of a 1:6 figure. Bare in mind, I still don't have the clothing yet, but I think the head is done. I'm still not satisfied with the hair, but it is much better than yesterday's dreds. Also, this is a very quick, crappy pic, and it looks better in person as well. Without further ado...

toiletjokerrv0.jpg

What is the Nolan twist I promised you ask? Well, I didn't use any paint. :monkey3

Please be kind, but honest.

Looks good!

For the hair, I would try to trim it down a little and experiment on using a little gel or something to make the hair less frizzy/doll like and look more natural.

Very nice, munch! That's going to look so good when you get all the clothing and whatnot on!

Love the crazy hair! I give it 5 Jokers
HOBOKER2-1.gif
HOBOKER2-1.gif
HOBOKER2-1.gif
HOBOKER2-1.gif
HOBOKER2-1.gif

Thanks for the comments guys. I'll definately look into using gel. I cut it down quite a bit before that pic. Basically it was a green fro! :lol Once I get the hair a bit more right, I'll work on the color a bit more too. My priority is finding the clothes though.

I have a tie that will work, but I at least need a blue shirt, green vest, and purple striped pants. Obviously I'll probably have to dye post of those items, but the vest and pants aren't easy to find. The Jacket will be the hardest thing to find since most trenchcoats seem too militaryish.

Man, I want to do one, now. You've got me hooked!

I think some gel or hairspray will help de-frizz the hair some, but either way, I like the messy look. The gel would help flatten it some, though, and possibly even give it that greasy/wet/dirty look of the Joker's hair.

Man, I want to do one, now. You've got me hooked!

I think some gel or hairspray will help de-frizz the hair some, but either way, I like the messy look. The gel would help flatten it some, though, and possibly even give it that greasy/wet/dirty look of the Joker's hair.

The figure I'm using is Sideshow's Eddie Rickenbacker from the Bayonets and Barbedwire line. He has a creepy smile, and I thought would make a good Joker since he was announced. I say go for it. It would at least hold you over till Hot Toys makes theirs. Then you can sell it on ebay and help fund the Hot Toys one! :lol

I've got some wet-look gel I'll try on him tomorrow. The hair is still just a bit too puffy and crazy. I'll also try to get a better pic of him. That pic I took really doesn't do him justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back