"The Dark Knight" 2008 !!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Those Mattel figures look ok, but I'm so sick of hinge joint elbows and knees when there are better ball joints out there that hide the articulation.

The new Batman costume still looks lame.

Somehow I don't think little Matilda is hurting for money.... Would be a noble gesture though.

Ya, hindsight it's a nice gesture but also wasted, perhaps something more like like a Heath Ledger memorial scholarship or something at an acting school to and promising student that embodies what Heath was about and could be a successor.

Ya, hindsight it's a nice gesture but also wasted, perhaps something more like like a Heath Ledger memorial scholarship or something at an acting school to and promising student that embodies what Heath was about and could be a successor.

True dat.

Or perhaps the funds could go toward education for the moron who prescribed Heath that lethal combination of otherwise harmless meds. :rolleyes:

ssdesigner over at the rpf is making replicas of the Joker viral campaign shirts, if anyone is interested....

jokershirtmockup1du8.jpg

Original

jokershirt.jpg

Does anyone actually own this poster?

photo_09.jpg

I love it even compared the more notable "Why So Serious" version and wondered exactly what I'd have to punch into eBay to find it.

How/where did the original come from? I have been following the viral stuff pretty close, but that is new to me. :confused:

Sent to various press and media outlets (the same way Perez Hilton got his filthy hands on one of those Joker cakes).

https://www.slashfilm.com/2008/01/14/cool-stuff-dark-knight-promo-goods/

Bon Jovi wore his at a concert in Perth (Ledger's hometown).

Bon_Jovi_Joker_by_Pyro_The_Maniac.jpg

"There has been no escaping the tragic death of Heath Ledger for the people of Perth. The loss and sadness has touched everyone, so it came as somewhat of a shock when the band strolled back on stage with Jon Bon Jovi sporting a disturbing Joker t-shirt. The sinister looking eyes and smile instantly reminding the crowd of early promo pictures of Ledger made up as The Joker from the yet-to-be-released Batman movie - The Dark Knight. No reference was made to Ledger, but as one audience member whispered "surely he knew? Surely it was on purpose?"

Why does the press get all of the cool stuff and us loyal fans only got a newspaper if we were lucky? :rolleyes:

Because no one cares about you.

You what's kind of weird, why do people take pictures of important people? Aren't there enough already? Why don't people take pictures of the useless people who will be forgotten?

Because no one cares about you.

You what's kind of weird, why do people take pictures of important people? Aren't there enough already? Why don't people take pictures of the useless people who will be forgotten?

Its simple, our society's priorities have literraly taken a 180 in terms of decent morale and common sense. We live in a time where the simplest and smallest things are created to appear much larger than they really are.

Its a question of priority and purpose, just my opinion though.

Sent to various press and media outlets (the same way Perez Hilton got his filthy hands on one of those Joker cakes).

https://www.slashfilm.com/2008/01/14/cool-stuff-dark-knight-promo-goods/

Bon Jovi wore his at a concert in Perth (Ledger's hometown).

Bon_Jovi_Joker_by_Pyro_The_Maniac.jpg

"There has been no escaping the tragic death of Heath Ledger for the people of Perth. The loss and sadness has touched everyone, so it came as somewhat of a shock when the band strolled back on stage with Jon Bon Jovi sporting a disturbing Joker t-shirt. The sinister looking eyes and smile instantly reminding the crowd of early promo pictures of Ledger made up as The Joker from the yet-to-be-released Batman movie - The Dark Knight. No reference was made to Ledger, but as one audience member whispered "surely he knew? Surely it was on purpose?"

Wow, I think the author of the last quote in your post ENTIRELY missed the point of Bon Jovi wearing that shirt. I see it as a touching tribute to Ledger, in fact I would have thought that was rather obvious. Are people going to treat Ledger's last performance as "taboo" and "disturbing" just because of the character he was playing? The role obviously meant a great deal to him, I don't know why anyone (including Bon Jovi) should be frowned upon for honoring it. :confused:

edit: Y'know, after re-reading the author's comment, it sounds like he/she did not even realize the image on Bon Jovi's shirt WAS Ledger.... It sounds like he/she thought it was just a random disturbing looking Joker tshirt, that was 'reminiscent' of Ledger's look as the Joker (understandable considering the rarity of that particular shirt I suppose). Perhaps if the author understood that it was literally Ledger on the t-shirt they would have gotten Bon Jovi's message.

Last edited:
Wow, I think the author of the last quote in your post ENTIRELY missed the point of Bon Jovi wearing that shirt. I see it as a touching tribute to Ledger, in fact I would have thought that was rather obvious. Are people going to treat Ledger's last performance as "taboo" and "disturbing" just because of the character he was playing? The role obviously meant a great deal to him, I don't know why anyone (including Bon Jovi) should be frowned upon for honoring it. :confused:

edit: Y'know, after re-reading the author's comment, it sounds like he/she did not even realize the image on Bon Jovi's shirt WAS Ledger.... It sounds like he/she thought it was just a random disturbing looking Joker tshirt, that was 'reminiscent' of Ledger's look as the Joker (understandable considering the rarity of that particular shirt I suppose). Perhaps if the author understood that it was literally Ledger on the t-shirt they would have gotten Bon Jovi's message.

Just goes to show that the press have NO idea what in the Hell they are talking about.

In my eyes, it is a tribute.... but then again I am just a rational human being.

Just goes to show that the press have NO idea what in the Hell they are talking about.

In my eyes, it is a tribute.... but then again I am just a rational human being.

Yup! Really, there are 2 somewhat logical thoughts one could have when seeing Bon Jovi in that shirt:

1. It's a tribute to Ledger, or
2. OMG, Bon Jovi is trying to piss us off with a tasteless stunt, what an *sshole.

The fact that this person's mind immediately went to the latter option is a little saddening. I often wish more folks would have an open heart and give people the benefit of the doubt before judging and casting stones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back