"The Dark Knight" 2008 !!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When did Medicom, Hot Toys and Takara announce their BB figures last time?

Reminds me of:

titanicph5.jpg

lol. love this :lol

It's cool that they used 3D scans and all for their pieces, but they'd be so much better if Andy had done the whole head. 3D scans can give you a great 3D outcome that represents a frozen moment of time, even if the face is smirking or whatever, but they don't capture life in them like Andy's sculpts or any of the guys that do it all from photos with raw goods. I always say one of Andy's finer points as a sculptor is not only does he capture the anatomy but he somehow finds a way to make a static, neutral portrait still have emotion and convey life and character. These Joker products will make you go "ya, that sure looks like Heath as the Joker", but an Andy sculpt or, *fingers crossed*, HT sculpt would make you thing "wow, that IS Heath as the Joker, someone must have shrunk him off the screen and into my hands." I sure hope HT does do one, the level of detail and realism they're achieving lately in paints and sculpts would really shine with Joker, particularly his makeup which looks full and clean on these DCD pieces but like Josh and Les have been painting, should look more sloppy and half assed, adds to him seeming like a madman if he can't even cleanly apply the makeup instead of having the look like the DCD products of a man that walked into a Hollywood trailer and got done up all pretty.

It's cool that they used 3D scans and all for their pieces, but they'd be so much better if Andy had done the whole head. 3D scans can give you a great 3D outcome that represents a frozen moment of time, even if the face is smirking or whatever, but they don't capture life in them like Andy's sculpts or any of the guys that do it all from photos with raw goods. I always say one of Andy's finer points as a sculptor is not only does he capture the anatomy but he somehow finds a way to make a static, neutral portrait still have emotion and convey life and character. These Joker products will make you go "ya, that sure looks like Heath as the Joker", but an Andy sculpt or, *fingers crossed*, HT sculpt would make you thing "wow, that IS Heath as the Joker, someone must have shrunk him off the screen and into my hands." I sure hope HT does do one, the level of detail and realism they're achieving lately in paints and sculpts would really shine with Joker, particularly his makeup which looks full and clean on these DCD pieces but like Josh and Les have been painting, should look more sloppy and half assed, adds to him seeming like a madman if he can't even cleanly apply the makeup instead of having the look like the DCD products of a man that walked into a Hollywood trailer and got done up all pretty.

Well Said!! I agree 100%.

A scan is nice and all, but it usually lacks that special quality that can only come from human craftsmanship. I really think that if Andy did a sculpt or HT made one, you would see a face with much more character in the design. And I know that HT would do better with the paint. It's needs an element of chaos.

OH! Sideshow has a perfect factory for that!

When did Medicom, Hot Toys and Takara announce their BB figures last time?

Not sure, but I am almost 100% positive they came out a couple months or more after the movie was released in theaters.

Is this a fake?

https://youtube.com/watch?v=OyBAH9_3Idk

it looks.... goofy, bad/almost comical cgi.

Well, Aaron Eckhart starred in "Thank You For Smoking" and in that film there's a scene in which he's in a hospital bed. I don't remember the scenes well enough to match them with the supposed two face pic from the youtube vid you linked. But it could certainly be fake/photoshopped. It probably is.

There is going to be a "live" press conference today on IBeliveInHarveyDent.com at 3PM EST today. No idea what to expect. Could be like that Rachel Dawes video or it could even be a trailer. Who knows.

I'm just sad because I'll be in the middle of church at that time. :(

There is going to be a "live" press conference today on IBeliveInHarveyDent.com at 3PM EST today. No idea what to expect. Could be like that Rachel Dawes video or it could even be a trailer. Who knows.

I'm just sad because I'll be in the middle of church at that time. :(

Thanks for the heads up, if it's somehow downloadable, I'll try to snag it for you.

Thanks MaulFan. I imagine they will just post the entire thing "live" and it will just stay there like the Rachel Dawes one. I just hope it doesn't start another scavenger hunt today.

Thanks MaulFan. I imagine they will just post the entire thing "live" and it will just stay there like the Rachel Dawes one. I just hope it doesn't start another scavenger hunt today.

nah, thats tomorrow :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back