"The Dark Knight" 2008 !!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow....a cast signed piece is an amazing collectible to have not even considering that Heath is no longer with us. Congratulations!

K. Irish's report got me anxious, so I ran down to WM and took a pic -

2670138979017661110nt0.jpg

I hope that puts any speculation to rest. May 5. I'm thinking we will see them earlier than that, though. There were 4 boxes. Didn't open any of them since I'm only after Movie Masters. Searched and searched for a box of Indy basics, but none to be had!! :mad:

I foresee many midnight runs to WM in my future...

That poster is a serious (no pun intended) collectible Scuba! Especially since Heath signed it! Anything TDK with Heath's autograph has got to be incredibly rare, and therefore quite valuable.

But now your Wal-Mart case pic has me confused. I'm guessing that some say May 1st and others say May 5th. Maybe the first batch has the May 1st release date, and then when Mattel realized Indy was being released that day, switched to May 5th.

Either way, I'll be hitting Target May 1st just incase they 'read' May 1st. If not, then I'll be waiting there again on May 5th.

I was more than a little bummed to find no Movie Masters. Patience is a virtue, though... :(

I was more than a little bummed to find no Movie Masters. Patience is a virtue, though... :(

From what I've been hearing, stores are only getting one case initially. :eek: I hope that is not the case, because they will go first thing in the morning along with the Indy stuff.

I plan to stay away from the Mattel stuff because it really is difficult not to get into the Toy Hunter mode with those but I am interested to see what gets put out.....probably will still end up with a Joker eventually but still trying to stay away.

From what I've been hearing, stores are only getting one case initially. :eek: I hope that is not the case, because they will go first thing in the morning along with the Indy stuff.

No kidding. And, of course, I'm always two steps behind the person that ends up getting them. :monkey2

I plan to stay away from the Mattel stuff because it really is difficult not to get into the Toy Hunter mode with those but I am interested to see what gets put out.....probably will still end up with a Joker eventually but still trying to stay away.

Save your self the agony. Just give in. Go Target/Wal-mart/TRU when they first open on May 1st, and grab yourself a Joker. If they don't have them, May 5th. That should save you the dreded "hunt."

Cause lets face it, The Joker is going to be hard to get because of Heath's Death and scalpers wanting to benefit off of it.

No kidding. And, of course, I'm always two steps behind the person that ends up getting them. :monkey2

Don't be afraid to run or use short cuts to get to the toy aisle. When I was hunting for DCUC 2, the only guys there in the morning were the Hot Wheels guys, so they didn't even come over to the action figures.

I imagine most people will be hitting the Indy stuff first that day anyway.

I fear this, as well, Mike. Almost considered just ordering a case online, but don't really want to run the risk of being stuck with two Batmans (or Batmen??).

I fear this, as well, Mike. Almost considered just ordering a case online, but don't really want to run the risk of being stuck with two Batmans (or Batmen??).

Especially since the unmasked head does seem to be a true chase.

Plus with my Target coupon, a set of 3 is only $25 plus tax :D

If I see an unmasked Batman though, I'll grab it. I won't hunt for it specifically, but I get it if I see it.

That is sad. The winner probably wouldn't even get the figure until after the release date anyway :lol

Just an FYI, the kid's like Joker is based on the comic Joker that is included with Fruit Gushers and Fruit Roll-ups. :lecture

Especially since the unmasked head does seem to be a true chase.

Plus with my Target coupon, a set of 3 is only $25 plus tax :D

If I see an unmasked Batman though, I'll grab it. I won't hunt for it specifically, but I get it if I see it.

Same! I would love to get my hands on the unmasked one, but won't break my back trying to get it.

I'll definitely be hitting Target. Can't beat that price!

Where'd you happen to get the poster?

Sucks that there is absolutely no chance to meet the guy now. :(

Man, I hope the TRU near my work is too remote for collector's but I have a feeling many will flock there, oh well, so will I, may the best collectors win :) Hopefully just Indy fans will go haha.

K. Irish's report got me anxious, so I ran down to WM and took a pic -

2670138979017661110nt0.jpg

I hope that puts any speculation to rest. May 5. I'm thinking we will see them earlier than that, though. There were 4 boxes. Didn't open any of them since I'm only after Movie Masters. Searched and searched for a box of Indy basics, but none to be had!! :mad:

I foresee many midnight runs to WM in my future...

Weird. I would swear that the boxes I saw all had 5/1 on them. Maybe it was all of the HULK ones (which I'm positive were "5/1") that got me confused.

And that Joker figure up on eBay is hideous. That's not one of the Four Horsemen Movie Masters ones is it?

Weird. I would swear that the boxes I saw all had 5/1 on them. Maybe it was all of the HULK ones (which I'm positive were "5/1") that got me confused.

And that Joker figure up on eBay is hideous. That's not one of the Four Horsemen Movie Masters ones is it?

I question that 5/1 date for Hulk, unless something's changed. HasbroToyShop has the release date for Hulk movie items as 5/14. I would think that'd be right with Indy on 5/1, wouldn't make sense for Hasbro to put out 2 new lines in one day, splitting them up would better their odds of raking in a lot of money from both, people might be more selective in the same day. I'll be at the store for 5/1 regardless so whatever's there I'll get :) No matter what, we're all going to be well rewarded in May :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back