"The Dark Knight" 2008 !!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If people are dumb enough to spend that much money on those figures, they deserve them.

I remember how crazy prices were for the BB variant figures. Now you can't give them away.

I question that 5/1 date for Hulk, unless something's changed. HasbroToyShop has the release date for Hulk movie items as 5/14. I would think that'd be right with Indy on 5/1, wouldn't make sense for Hasbro to put out 2 new lines in one day, splitting them up would better their odds of raking in a lot of money from both, people might be more selective in the same day. I'll be at the store for 5/1 regardless so whatever's there I'll get :) No matter what, we're all going to be well rewarded in May :D

That's what I would have thought, but the HULK boxes all had "5/1" in red all over them.

It stuck out to me, because that is the same street date for Hasbro's INDY stuff.

That's what I would have thought, but the HULK boxes all had "5/1" in red all over them.

It stuck out to me, because that is the same street date for Hasbro's INDY stuff.

Well, Hasbro can be dumb sometimes, could be a misprint. Like I said, I'll be at TRU, Kay-Bee and my local comic shop on 5/1 regardless. I'd be happy if Hulk were 5/1 too, I've got THE Indy figure on order with SSC, I have Takara Batman, but there aren't many Hulk products that represent him the way I like so it'll be nice to pick up a figure from the movie, there's one I've got my eye looks great and it's just a figure, no "action" feature.

I can confirm this. All the Hulk stuff was 5/1. I imagine that we will see all this on 5/1 (Indy, Hulk, TDK, IM?). Don't really see stores waiting the 4 more days to throw the TDK stuff on the rack.

There are already reports of TDK stuff on shelves at Target and WM. Most of it has been picked clean of anything worthwhile. No reports of Movie Masters on the shelves, yet, so that's good (I guess).

I took these at NYCC, figured you guys would be interested. Not great, but I think they give you an idea of what to expect.

Dark Knight Statue
2DKBatmanstatue-1.jpg

Joker Statue

1DKJokerstatue-1.jpg

2DKJokerstatue-1.jpg

13" figures

4DKBatman12inch-1.jpg

4DKJoker12inch-1.jpg

4DKJoker212inch.jpg

There were so many people around it was really hard to get these, so they aren't the best pics.

I ordered that 13" joker but on those pics it doesn't look all that good:google. they also posed it really bad.

edit: On second thought looks quite ok, atleast it looks like Ledger.

Last edited:
The biggest issue I see with the DCD Joker is also the same issue with Batman, body proportion. Batman looks too bulky, and Joker looks to slender.

I think the main problem is the way they have it posed. Looks like they took it out of a box and stuck it in the display case

The hair also bothers me for some reason.

I think the main problem is the way they have it posed. Looks like they took it out of a box and stuck it in the display case

The hair also bothers me for some reason.

Yeah, the hair is way to slick, he has a more punky style in the film.

Since going to Wal-Mart at night to check out the toy pallets seems to be the cool new thing to do, I decided to tonight as well. I didn't see the movie masters (or else I would have opened the box and ran to the register). I did see the "Figure/vehicle assortment" though, which in little letters said "May 5th" on it. It was in black too, which made it just blend in with the rest of the packaging info.

I DID see the Hulk figures. Their box definately says "May 1st" in big red letters. No mistaking their release date.

So my guess is the Dark Knight stuff will either just go out on the shelf when they get them, or on May 1st along with Indy and Hulk because I doubt most stores realize they are supposed to wait another measily four days on Batman. :rolleyes:

I want the MM figures so bad. The anticipation is off the charts. I might make another run to WM in an hour or two.

But...I wonder if WM is even going to carry the MM line????

I don't have any interest in these figures but I'll keep my eyes peeled for them for you guys. Which ones do you want? I'll pick up what I can. If I can.

I will be hunting a MM Joker nothing more. Hopefully my trips to the stores won't be too stressful....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back