"The Dark Knight" 2008 !!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news. Means we should have the trailer by Monday night! :woo

If anyone lives in those cities, I suggest going (and grabbing any possible extra swag).

Stopped into my local Wal-Mart today, they had everything TDK out, the deluxe figure on the bike, all the cheap toyish figures of Batman and the ugly green coated Joker, but non of the good figures, though these have probably been on the shelf all week so either someone got lucky and hit it first or some employee snuck them out and they never saw the rack.

I want the nice Batman and Joker figures and that's it, but odds are I'll be paying the price on eBay to get them unless I have miraculous luck next Friday when I go after Indy and Hulk too. I was hoping I'd see those on the shelf too but just IM and TDK.

I don't think WM will carry the MM line. Only Target, TRU, and comic shops.

WM is too selective. It's a shame...especially since the MM line are the only ones I'm interested in. The toyish ones send chills up my spine.

Who's to say he didn't? Are folks forgetting this movie draws it's name from one of the most violent and relentless literary incarnations of Batman ever produced? That building could be headquarters for some nasty crime boss for all we know. I know the film is not an adaptation of Frank Miller's story... All I'm sayin' is, perhaps we should leave our assumptions at the door on this one. :)

Regardless of what the story of that poster image is, it kicks serious ass. :rock

I'm with AB. And his amazing Bale sculpt! Love that Poster!

201949id1_a.jpg

PS. My 2 cents. Looks like something Joker did...

The more we talk about the poster and the more I look at the image, I really see Batman's pose with that for a background being suggestive of Batman setting the fire as a sign to Joker like you want a piece of me come and get it.

Why do people think the image in the poster has to be in the movie? It might be, but it doesn't necessarily have to be.

Why do people think the image in the poster has to be in the movie? It might be, but it doesn't necessarily have to be.

I haven't gotten the impression anyone thinks it's in the movie. I think everyone is just taken back by the imagery and it definitely raises discussion as the image sends mixed signals.

If anyone lives in these cities, I would be willing to be your online wingman (though Toronto, London, and Sao Paulo are probably out of my cell phone service).

"Gather with 300 of your closest friends at this exact spot on April 28th.
You'll need to be in contact with a partner-in-crime who has online access to relay your instructions once you're there. These instructions will give you the TRAIL to follow, but be sure to look both ways when crossing the street; we wouldn't want you to make an unscheduled visit to the ER now, would we?

Put on a smile and plan to spend about an hour or so bonding with your fellow clowns.

Check back here often for updates or changes."

The locations are as follows (times are approximate and grouped by simultaneous times, but they will be no earlier than the times listed):

Boston: George Washington Statue in the Boston Public Garden at 5:30pm EDT
Philadelphia: Warehouse on 4000 block of Main St (check Google Maps) at 5:30pm EDT
New York: Center of Bryant Park at 5:30pm EDT
Toronto: Center of Nathan Phillips Square at 6:30pm EDT
Chicago: Northwest fountain in Olive Park at 5:30pm CDT
Dallas: Northway Christian Church on the corner of Airline Rd and E NW Parkway at 5:30pm CDT
Kansas City: Northeast corner of Sprint Pkwy and W 117th St, across from the Sprint Nextel Corporation (may be inside the compound) at 5:30pm CDT
Seattle: Amphitheater in Victor Steinbrueck Park at 5:30pm PDT
Los Angeles: Courtyard on the corner of Hollywood Blvd and Highland Ave at 5:30pm PDT
San Francisco: Center of Hillside Park at 5:30pm PDT
London: Center of St. James's Square at 9pm GMT
Sao Paulo: Center of west section of Parque Ten. Siqueira Campo at 9pm (GMT-3)

If anyone lives in these cities, I would be willing to be your online wingman (though Toronto, London, and Sao Paulo are probably out of my cell phone service).

The one in Dallas is going to be at a Church. I would love to see that.:lol:lol:lol

The more we talk about the poster and the more I look at the image, I really see Batman's pose with that for a background being suggestive of Batman setting the fire as a sign to Joker like you want a piece of me come and get it.

I agree.. It would make sense, with Gordon trashing the Bat signal and everything. Maybe Batman DOES take things too far with the Joker, almost crossing that "do not kill" line and Gordon being forced to bring him back to sanity. It's the classic Joker-Batman-Gordon dynamic that I have always loved. It's been used to great effect in sooooo many comics and it just lays it all out for everyone..

It shows that Batman and Joker are not all that different. They are both motivated by grief and pain, both use extreme measures and theatricality to great effect. Yet they stand on opposite sides in what they are doing this FOR. The Joker wants the world to share in his own pain, to make everyone understand this cosmic joke of our existence. Batman uses his pain to fight chaos, so that no one ever has to experience the pain he lived through. Batman and the Joker exist as a check to one another, the Joker will always push Batman to cross the line and if he ever kills him... The Joker would die happy knowing he proved his point and that Batman would be done.

I really hope they touch on that a bit, and this poster leads me to believe that they will. :rock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back