"The Dark Knight" 2008 !!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
this poster leads me to believe that they will. :rock

Some posters are false setups, but I have great faith the TDK marketing is true to what we're in for.

I love the potential drama this one is going to have. As much as I love Begins, the threat of Ras wasn't so great you spent the movie watching it the first time wondering what was going down, it was more about Batman's beginning. This movie feels more like Batman's struggle which should be very powerful if done right and I trust Nolan, Bale and Ledger to keep things in check and deliver.

Why make a poster Ad of something you're not selling? Doesn't make sense..

As for the Poster itself, the Joker was the Artistic Anarchic Arsonist... I don't see TDK doing something like that, nor could he. That takes quite a bit of design and doing, something only the Joker could pull off IMO.

Found these fan made versions over on the SHH board. See how much better than the real one they look.

joker16nv5.jpg

joker15al7.jpg

18797801lg2.jpg

The New York one is in the middle of Manhattan during rush hour? Crazy. If I can get out of work early I'll give it a shot.

The New York one is in the middle of Manhattan during rush hour? Crazy. If I can get out of work early I'll give it a shot.

I was reading the SHH posts, and there probably will be a mob of 20-30 people working together.

I was reading the SHH posts, and there probably will be a mob of 20-30 people working together.

That isn't a problem since 300 are supposed to show up. I'm sure most people will help eachother out there, but just in case, it is always a good idea to have your own on-line buddy.

Places like SHH are great for getting info you need, but places like here are great to team up with people and to get things that aren't the main focus of the board. For example, I was able to have wookilar8 get me a Mr. Freeze exclusive from NYCC. If I asked on the Fwoosh( a superhero toy board) I wouldn't have had a chance, but would have had better luck with something Sideshow.

Its defintately best to work other boards to your advantage, but I always consider here "home." I feel most of us honestly like eachother and care about eachother. Many other boards, it feels like everyman for himself and rudeness.

Anyhoo, I'm dying to see the trailer tomorrow and get the Mattel figures (hopefully) on Thursday!

Just saw the pics on the Fwoosh of the MM figures. I REALLY can't wait to get them, now... :monkey5:monkey5

The crooked paint on the Joker's smile is kind of a turnoff, though...

Just saw the pics on the Fwoosh of the MM figures. I REALLY can't wait to get them, now... :monkey5:monkey5

The crooked paint on the Joker's smile is kind of a turnoff, though...

I think the paint jobs just vary figure to figure, which is kinda neat since that is how the make-up will be from scene to scene.

Press got a package from Joker today inviting them to the scavanger hunt. They got a Joker card (their ticket to the trailer showing) and a goon mask!

If anyone can snab extras, I'd be in your debt. Maybe I could return the favor with helping for SDCC exclusives?

I knew they'd give those goon masks away, again.

This means we will see some pop up on ebay after Monday. Hope I can get one (or two) at a reasonable price.

Last edited:
Some guy "aceofknaves" just posted on SHH that he found the MM figures on a pallet at WM.

Might head down there in a couple hours to see what I can find.

Now, are the MM figures like a separate line with their own cases or rare figures packed into each case of the more kid oriented figures?

Now, are the MM figures like a separate line with their own cases or rare figures packed into each case of the more kid oriented figures?

Maul, they are in separate cases. 4 to a case, I believe. It will say "Movie Masters" or "MM" on the case.

The kiddie figures are 12 to a case, and they have "Dark Knight Basic" on the side of the box.

Here -

2670138979017661110nt0.jpg

Maul, they are in separate cases. 4 to a case, I believe. It will say "Movie Masters" or "MM" on the case.

The kiddie figures are 12 to a case, and they have "Dark Knight Basic" on the side of the box.

Here -

2670138979017661110nt0.jpg

Thanks, glad it's that way. While they're still not as mass produced, at least they're not super chase figures.

Thats just the unmasked version :rolleyes:

As much as I liked the idea of the unmasked head, it's frustrating that it's not a regular item, but I'm not going to go crazy or spend eBay prices to get the variant. If it's there when I go shopping I'll get it but if I have to get the regular so be it.

As much as I liked the idea of the unmasked head, it's frustrating that it's not a regular item, but I'm not going to go crazy or spend eBay prices to get the variant. If it's there when I go shopping I'll get it but if I have to get the regular so be it.

Same here. No point in stressing over an alternate head, that is probably not shown very long on screen, if at all. If there are Goon variants though, I'll be hunting those out to round out a Joker gang.

Ya, goon variants are relevant. I just want Joker and Batman and hopefully can get them without paying over retail. I've got a TRU, Wal-Mart, Kay-Bee and comic shop all without 15 minutes of my work to run to this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back