"The Dark Knight" 2008 !!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I think INDY and HULK are the two big trailers to expect on IRON MAN this weekend.

INDY is a no-brainer, given that it's also a Paramount release and comes out in just 3 weeks.

I just can't believe how all-over-the-place the Joker is. He looks AND sounds different in practically each clip. He is just going to be amazing to watch.

I really liked the scene with him addressing the crime lords regarding Batman, interesting to see him take like a leadership role like that, but knowing joker, he's just luring others to do his work while he laughs at the destruction it causes.

Oh, and when he slicks back his hair to go talk to Rachael, add that to the lip lick from the first trailer when he goes after her and he's going to be so dimented in that scene, I love it.

Anyone else getting a sense from this new trailer that Gordon destroys the batsignal in anger against Batman, they show him in what looks like the same scenes being dragged away and restrained by some fellow police offircers, like he blames Batman for what's going on perhaps. I love the drama potential of this movie, going to be a lot of character relationships pushed to the brink in this one I think.

I found the Movie Masters figures today at Wal-mart. They were just on a flat bed cart. 7 whole cases of them! One was already opened, but it didn't have the unmasked Batman, so I went ahead and opened the other 6 cases. STILL no unmasked Batman. But I did manage to find the one Goon with a different evidence mask, the Jokers!

And all of the Jokers had very slopply lipstick. That line that goes towards the nose was on all of them (his right side). Hopefully I can find a little more clean one.

Man, I'm so jealous of you guys finding the MM figures early, but officially I can get one Thursday, theoretically, but it seems far away :lol. Going to be exciting day, Indy, Hulk, TDK, hopefully I find the figures from each I'm looking for, it's not like Star Wars release day where I just grab EVERYTHING, I'm going to be selective Thursday.

I was jealous of everyone else finding them too, so I was thrilled to find them. Thank goodness for Wal-mart being lazy! :D

I've got them opened now, and they are great. Joker is probably the weakest of the bunch. That sloppy lipstick is a bit TOO sloppy, his crotch area seems to long (or his pants go up too high), and he doesn't have bicep articulation like the Goon.

The Goon is great, but sorely needs a gun or something besides the evidence mask.

Batman is also great, a fairly decent Bale lower face likeness too! The suit isn't nearly as bad when all black.

Overall, I'm thrilled with these and can't wait for series 2. I may just have to track down that unmasked chase now.

BTW, the mask is too big. But barely. Maybe 1/5 scale? Its too small for a PF. Really stupid of Mattel to pass up a great opportunity for a 1:6 mask (plus it would have used less plastic for them). But at least the mask is off quality plastic and not something cheap and filmsy.

If I find 2, I'm going to get 2 Jokers to take a stab at repainting one, they're cheap enough.

Batman looks good from all the pictures, I saw a regular kids Batman that actually looked almost as good, I think Les got it, and the build looked less muscular too, but I know the MM is quality so I'll just get that.

How big are these figures, about 6"?

If I find 2, I'm going to get 2 Jokers to take a stab at repainting one, they're cheap enough.

Batman looks good from all the pictures, I saw a regular kids Batman that actually looked almost as good, I think Les got it, and the build looked less muscular too, but I know the MM is quality so I'll just get that.

How big are these figures, about 6"?

Yes. They are *just* slightly smaller than the DCSH/DCUC figures. But they are certainly great. I too am thinking about getting a second Joker to repaint, but other than the lipstick, he is actually painted fairly well. The eyes are still a bit to grey though. The Goon is the real winner though, I recommend picking him up too. Like you said, they are cheap enough.

Yes. They are *just* slightly smaller than the DCSH/DCUC figures. But they are certainly great. I too am thinking about getting a second Joker to repaint, but other than the lipstick, he is actually painted fairly well.

Well you can correct me on this if I'm wrong, but Joker seems to have a solid white face on this figure, and the impression I get from most of the TDK images is that it's more sloppy so I want to make it have bits of flesh tone showing like he didn't apply it very well, almost looks too factory and perfect, which is an issue I find with the DCD 13" and why I really hope for an HT Joker cuz you know that'll come out worn looking as it should.

There are bits of flesh showing through on this figure actually. More on some figures than others naturally. The new Trailer actually shows a fair amount of the Joker with a fully painted white face though. I imagine this is just early on in the movie, since I've heard he never* takes it off and it just gets more worn down.

*except maybe one scene

And here is a pic of the remaining Goon masks I need if anyone doesn't want theirs. I have a local guy on another board helping me too.

img03711tb3.jpg

If you find any not on this list (that isn't the Joker's Mask) please let me know because I'm not aware of them!

Thanks Batty!!! Wow.....Ledger's performance is amazing.....the way that each line is said with such difference really portrays a deep insanity.....Loved it!!

The Joker is Heath's gift to us. :bow

Eckhart is great as Harvey, perfect fit I'd say.

And how about Maggie Gyllenhaal? Better than Katie Holmes? I'm kinda torn on this one. I think she's a better actress though.

I have to say I'm definitely in the Katie camp in terms of Rachael. I always hated the mid change casting......not to mention I think Katie is at least a 7 while Maggie rounds off at about a 5.5/6 maybe....

Katie sucked, sorry. She can't act. That's why she was replaced.

True that, Holmes' "acting" in BB is probably the only low point I can think of. I agree she's better looking than Maggie, but Maggie will give good acting I'm sure and since I have a hunch she'll be more involved, that'll be good. Like Mike though, I'm not a fan of the change, particularly when so many others are back, but it is what it is. Same with Joker, if Joker doesn't die in TDK, I hope he's written off or something for any future movies; I have a hunch Heath will have established himself as irreplaceable in the role.

"Well, Hello Beautiful". Thanks Batty!

I miss Heath already as the Joker and I haven't even seen this yet.

Katie sucked, sorry. She can't act. That's why she was replaced.

Which begs the question, what was Nolan thinking in the first place?

Which begs the question, what was Nolan thinking in the first place?

Well, I can tell you it looked okay on paper and she tested okay, but once the dailies rolled in, Studio Execs cringed at her goofy expressions and the fact she couldn't act at the same level as the other World class Actors in the Film. She was not only a distraction, but most definitely the weak link in what was otherwise a Classy Film. But by then, it was too late. Everyone at WB knew she would be replaced before BB was released. It wasn't her fault she was cast and she did the best she could but the simple fact is she just can't act at that level.

And then "Tommy the Tool" parading her around the Premiere and using it to Promote his film was the last straw.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back