"The Dark Knight" 2008 !!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RAAARRRRGGH! Wal-Marts had NOTHING Indy, Hulk, or DARK KNIGHT! Target had Hulk and Indy at least, but NO Dark Knight! Looks like they will be waiting for the release date afterall.

TRU opens in half and hour, I'm hoping they will have them at least. If not, today was a total bust! :banghead

That sucks man, I'm sorry to hear it. I know how excited you were about it. I'll check my Wal-Mart and TRU, but I know they won't display anything. You can always tell if your WM is friendly to toys, and mine isn't. It's too country here. The Sporting Goods dept is fantastic, has 4 aisles!! The toy section only has 2, excluding bikes. It blows. :monkey2

RAAARRRRGGH! Wal-Marts had NOTHING Indy, Hulk, or DARK KNIGHT! Target had Hulk and Indy at least, but NO Dark Knight! Looks like they will be waiting for the release date afterall.

TRU opens in half and hour, I'm hoping they will have them at least. If not, today was a total bust! :banghead

Glad I'm going to TRU and glad to see Hulk is out too, even if TDK isn't, at least my trip won't be a total waste, though my luck they won't have the 1 Hulk I want. 30 minutes to go, I've even got Batman music in my car for the ride.

What is the release date? I thought today was it. There was only 1 TRU that had Dark Knight. But alas it was only the goon and regular Batman.

What is the release date? I thought today was it. There was only 1 TRU that had Dark Knight. But alas it was only the goon and regular Batman.

Thats how it was at my TRU. I was first in the door too, so I'm sure one of my fellow ex-coworkers snagged both Jokers and possibley the Chase Batman.

However, I drove 10 minutes to the TRU in the hood, and guess what? They were just setting up their front end displays, so the had a huge pallet of new stuff. Lo and behold, one case had a Chase Batman! :woo The employees were surprisingly helpful and very nice. They were also quite interested in the Joker. One said, "Thats supposed to be Heath Ledger!" Then she saw my Why So Serious shirt and loved it. She wanted to get one for herself. :lol

So today wasn't a total wash. I'll head to Target on Monday and grab my four TDK figues (to return to Wal-mart and TRU respectively) and grab my "free" two Indy figures with my $5 off coupons.

Thats how it was at my TRU. I was first in the door too, so I'm sure one of my fellow ex-coworkers snagged both Jokers and possibley the Chase Batman.

However, I drove 10 minutes to the TRU in the hood, and guess what? They were just setting up their front end displays, so the had a huge pallet of new stuff. Lo and behold, one case had a Chase Batman! :woo The employees were surprisingly helpful and very nice. They were also quite interested in the Joker. One said, "Thats supposed to be Heath Ledger!" Then she saw my Why So Serious shirt and loved it. She wanted to get one for herself. :lol

So today wasn't a total wash. I'll head to Target on Monday and grab my four TDK figues (to return to Wal-mart and TRU respectively) and grab my "free" two Indy figures with my $5 off coupons.

That's awesome that you found the chase! :banana

My shopping trip was a total bust, TRU had no Indy, Hulk or TDK, and neither did Kay-Bee and Kay-Bee told me they didn't have any Indy even out back other than Lego and have a 5/2 shelf date for things, not today, stupid East Coast :banghead Waste of gas I'll try tomorrow, TRU didn't even have anywhere setup for these things to go.

My shopping trip was a total bust, TRU had no Indy, Hulk or TDK, and neither did Kay-Bee and Kay-Bee told me they didn't have any Indy even out back other than Lego and have a 5/2 shelf date for things, not today, stupid East Coast :banghead Waste of gas I'll try tomorrow, TRU didn't even have anywhere setup for these things to go.

That sucks MaulFan! I hate how this is really a "soft" release date on these three lines. When Star Wars has a release date, they listen. When videos and video games have a release date, they listen. But when other toys have a release date, do they pay attention? Nope. They won't sell them to you until the release date either, but they won't even put them out on the release date :rolleyes:

If anyone needs the chase version though, I'll keep my eyes out for you now that I've got myself taken care of.

I wouldn't care if gas prices weren't so insane I wasted the same ammount it'd take me to go to and from work on a trip that was for nothing. At least SSC's Comic Con stuff is unveiled tonight, that'll be a good balance to the day. If I go tomorrow and still nothing I'll be ripped though. I wish the local Walmart didn't suck or I'd try there instead but that'll probably be a bust too.

FOUND AND ACQUIRED!!!

DKchasefig.jpg

Much coolness arriving at my Walmart! Even Hulk and Abomination figures abound! DK, Hulk, Ironman, Indy, Spped Racer, even the Kung Fu Panda movie toys! What is up with my Walmart all of a sudden????? We got the goods! Star Wars too! All kinds of new SW! What gives???

BTW, did you guys know that there are three variant masks in the goon figs? Which one is rarest? I may get a goon now. They have ALL of them at my WM! No more chases though. I got it.

FOUND AND ACQUIRED!!!

DKchasefig.jpg

Much coolness arriving at my Walmart! Even Hulk and Abomination figures abound! DK, Hulk, Ironman, Indy, Spped Racer, even the Kung Fu Panda movie toys! What is up with my Walmart all of a sudden????? We got the goods! Star Wars too! All kinds of new SW! What gives???

BTW, did you guys know that there are three variant masks in the goon figs? Which one is rarest? I may get a goon now. They have ALL of them at my WM! No more chases though. I got it.

Hate to burst your Bubble Les ,but there are FIVE Goon mask variants!

-Joker mask (probably the rarest, at least simply because whos mask it is)
-Same Mask as the goon figure (I haven't seen one, but Scuba has one)
- blue haired mask, red on eyes (easiest to find)
- blue cross eyes mask (next easiest to find)
- brown hair mask, blue eyes (haven't heard of anyone getting this one yet)

But yeah, I too want all 5 masks. I just wish the Goon figures had the same heads as the evidence masks they came with, because then I would have grabbed them all.

Jokers:
dsc00146yx8.jpg

and the rest:
img03711tb3.jpg

I went to a Target, TRU, and Walmart and it was pretty slim pickings. The Target and TRU had nothing TDK related (TRU won't be putting them out until the weekend, and it's only the 5-inch stuff).

Walmart only had the smaller neon colored Batman figures but none of the Movie Masters. But as a consolation prize I did pick up the 14 inch Action Cape Batman. I had a $10 WM gift card I wanted to use, and without it I wouldn't have even considered getting the action cape Bats.

The cowl/headsculpt on the back of the action cape package is horrendous, but the actual final production sculpt isn't bad. I haven't had a chance to see one of the Movie Master Batman cowl sculpts up close yet, but could someone with the figure tell me if it's identical to the action cape head?

batsmattel007.jpg

The articulation from the waist up blows, and the action cape feature makes his cape look pretty dumb in a draped position.

I'm gonna check back at different Walmarts and Targets over the weekend to hunt for the MM Batman and Joker.

I went to a Target, TRU, and Walmart and it was pretty slim pickings. The Target and TRU had nothing TDK related (TRU won't be putting them out until the weekend, and it's only the 5-inch stuff).

Walmart only had the smaller neon colored Batman figures but none of the Movie Masters. But as a consolation prize I did pick up the 14 inch Action Cape Batman. I had a $10 WM gift card I wanted to use, and without it I wouldn't have even considered getting the action cape Bats.

The cowl/headsculpt on the back of the action cape package is horrendous, but the actual final production sculpt isn't bad. I haven't had a chance to see one of the Movie Master Batman cowl sculpts up close yet, but could someone with the figure tell me if it's identical to the action cape head?

batsmattel007.jpg

The articulation from the waist up blows, and the action cape feature makes his cape look pretty dumb in a draped position.

I'm gonna check back at different Walmarts and Targets over the weekend to hunt for the MM Batman and Joker.

Ah, so you are my fellow Fwoosher.

The sculpts are similar, but I honestly can't tell if it is the same blow up (or shrunken down). If I had to guess, I would say different. They are both extremly good for a mass produced item though.

Yep, I am he, and he is me (on Fwoosh, that is).

I can see some Bale in the MM figures and this AC Batman. The 5-inch day-glo figures...not so much.

I went to two Wal Marts and TRU... Nothing. :monkey

They didn't have Hulk, Indy OR TDK stuff. They had Speed Racer and a very slim sideshelf with like 3 Iron Man figures. But that was it. I hate my town. :banghead

I went to two Wal Marts and TRU... Nothing. :monkey

They didn't have Hulk, Indy OR TDK stuff. They had Speed Racer and a very slim sideshelf with like 3 Iron Man figures. But that was it. I hate my town. :banghead

Sounds like us East Coasters got jipped today.

Yeah, everyone but Les it seems. :lol

Maybe my area will get wise and stock up soon. :(

I'm hoping my trips tomorrow won't be in vain, I have to go out for work tomorrow so I'm going to swing by a Wal-Mart and going back to TRU at lunch, but I'm still amazed that Kay-Bee hadn't even gotten Indy yet. I have a feeling tomorrow will be the same. Maybe I'll do a tour of places this weekend otherwise, but with gas part of me is unmotivated to go out on a hunch.

My Wal-Marts had jack squat!! I ended up grabbing my Indiana Jones swag at Target and TRU, and TRU also had a couple of the MM Dark Knight figures. I grabbed Batman and the Joker.

Honestly, I was expecting more. I guess for the price they're good, but I was just expecting more. They feel kinda cheap...especially Batman.

However, the Joker photographs beautifully!!!

IMG_1726b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back