Premium Format The Incredible Hulk The Avengers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It seems to be a trend now, DROM PF (Regular Version) is showing Limited Edition with no TBD. The EX has an ES of 500, but regular just shows Limited Edition now, previously I believe even the regular shows Limited Edition: TBD, now they changed it to Limited Edition and dropped the TBD :slap

Does not make any sense to me if they set an ES for EX but open ES for the regular. I don't think it has hapTpened before in the past.

Actually, if you think about it, it kinda makes sense...People buying the ex edition are usually collectors who like their collectible to be rare and to retain some value.An ES is needed. While people buying the regular Edition are those who buy their statues cause they like it and want to save on $$ by buying them of a retailer.Theres also the casual fan who will buy in from the comic shop cause he just like the character or the look of the statue. Those people usually dont care about ES or exclusives.

I think its a nice move by Sideshow.

* goes back in character*

They must be destroyed !!!!

:rotfl
You actually made a lot of sense.
Being a U.K collector I save quite a lot buying in Europe.
An Exclusive edition has to be really special, like a COH, for it to be worth paying the extra.
No way am a paying more for a stupid print.
If you are correct about what SS are moving to I would then have to consider if it was worth paying extra for the limited ES.
That would be fair enough but anything over 500 would be a fail.
Will be just as interesting to see if there's an Ex as to what the price will be.

Actually, if you think about it, it kinda makes sense...People buying the ex edition are usually collectors who like their collectible to be rare and to retain some value.An ES is needed. While people buying the regular Edition are those who buy their statues cause they like it and want to save on $$ by buying them of a retailer.Theres also the casual fan who will buy in from the comic shop cause he just like the character or the look of the statue. Those people usually dont care about ES or exclusives.

I think its a nice move by Sideshow.

I still don't like the move but it's a little bit better than not having an EX at all and make it an open ES. The thing is I always get the EX no matter what, but I believe by making the regular an open ES it will hurt the value of the EX in the long run, so I may not need to get the EX all the time.

For example: do you think DOOM PF EX will worth $2.5K right now if the regular edition is still available? Heck NO...I am sure everybody would get the regular instead for a retail price.

Thus by making a regular version an open ES, IMO it would take Sideshow longer to sell the EX version especially if the EX is not strong enough like a print or name plate. Many people don't mind to have a regular edition if the EX is not strong and get it cheaper somewhere else, either from retailer/LCS or wait until the value drops in the after market because open ES means drop in value in after market. And the effect to that is the EX version would not go up in value as much as if the entire products (EX and Reg) are sold out.

Where do you buy from in Europe Collectorcol? Most of the european retailers I have found are more expensive as I rarely have to pay any taxes when I buy directly from SS, fortunately. It might just be luck. Most of the retailers I have seen in europe are usually priced around 150$more in my currency compared with SS prices.

I live in Norway. Usually the norwegian tax is 25%, and sometimes I have to pay a customs fee on that aswell. But I havent had to pay that on the items I have bought directly from SS this far. But if I found a place to buy from in Europe I would prefer that.

I still don't like the move but it's a little bit better than not having an EX at all and make it an open ES. The thing is I always get the EX no matter what, but I believe by making the regular an open ES it will hurt the value of the EX in the long run, so I may not need to get the EX all the time.

For example: do you think DOOM PF EX will worth $2.5K right now if the regular edition is still available? Heck NO...I am sure everybody would get the regular instead for a retail price.

Thus by making a regular version an open ES, IMO it would take Sideshow longer to sell the EX version especially if the EX is not strong enough like a print or name plate. Many people don't mind to have a regular edition if the EX is not strong and get it cheaper somewh:thud:ere else, either from retailer/LCS or wait until the value drops in the after market because open ES means drop in value in after market. And the effect to that is the EX version would not go up in value as much as if the entire products (EX and Reg) are sold out.

:exactly: :goodpost:

It seems to be a trend now, DROM PF (Regular Version) is showing Limited Edition with no TBD. The EX has an ES of 500, but regular just shows Limited Edition now, previously I believe even the regular shows Limited Edition: TBD, now they changed it to Limited Edition and dropped the TBD :slap

Does not make any sense to me if they set an ES for EX but open ES for the regular. I don't think it has happened before in the past.

It makes perfect sense for sideshow, the whole idea with them now is they want to move away from rare/collectible and towards a "store shelf" model where anyone can just goto their site and buy the statue in the future, that it wont get soldout.

But they know if they just did the switch via brute force all the collectors will be up in arms, so they are doing it gradually starting with the more expensive & popular new pieces.

ES: TBD isnt enough anymore... the future is grim indeed.

With the comparison to the Destroyer maquette, this is probably going to be $550 with 1,500 made in total, probably an exclusive as a print or maybe a surprise with the exclusive being a different color.

About the open edition garbage that people actually like, if people cared for the future of the statue hobby since Sideshow especially started their company on that premise, they would say NO to the open edition concept. Just because I want small edition sizes doesn't mean I am a " flipper ", that word is thrown around way too damn often since that is the only anti-edition argument that pro-open people have. The Optimus Prime exclusive, now that is what Sideshow should be replicating with a lot of their products.

I wish a Sideshow representative put their input of this subject in this thread or any other here so we can actually have a big discussion about it.

Anyone know what time tomorrow this hulk is released? I have to have an operation on my knee at 6pm UK time and have told the nurse/surgeon if I can use the IPad whilst on the operating table....:medic

Anyone know what time tomorrow this hulk is released? I have to have an operation on my knee at 6pm UK time and have told the nurse/surgeon if I can use the IPad whilst on the operating table....:medic

It won't be released tomorrow, I hope your surgery goes well.

I'm not a fan of open ES. If SSC decides to change there business model like this, i will not order directly. DCD are no longer doing numbered statues. This could be there biggest mistake. Hope SSC doesn't follow suit.

i think sideshow has already taken care of the 'ordering from LCS part"
if u look at the most popular retailers like BBts , they are already sold out on Galactus and LSF line, , i think they have allowed extremely limited no to the retailers,

Back