Premium Format The Incredible Hulk The Avengers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been trying to convince my wife that we should display some pieces in our living room...it was a no go. :)

I don't know if my wife would go for that either. I would have to run that by her. She did tell me recently to put some of them in our bedroom though. My basement is getting kind of full.

9b7fbd07a6d82daf9adc46f3620ab432_zpsb4e302be.jpg

WOW!!! Fantastic set up!! I Love it!!!!!

dsc0148gsj.jpg

Great photos!!! Congrats!!!

Just wanted to add my own personal thoughts on the Hulk...

basically its times like these which makes me so grateful that i got into this hobby, times like these that makes it all worth while. Had i not ever walked into my local Forbiddon Planet store about 5 or 6 years ago i'd probably never had known that statues such as these existed. The Hulk Maquette is a truly astounding statue that literally takes the character out of your TV sets and places it in your display room...the likeness is incredible and for those who have already invited their friends over to see it will know, it literally is a head turner and is the first thing they notice and the only thing they notice! Once again, for those who are on the fence regarding this piece then just read a few posts from this thread to get an overall sense of how happy everyone is...Forget weight, forget eyebrows and forget no ES, for me this statue is up there with the best of em.
Enjoy! :yess:

Agree 100%.

My moment of epiphany was Comic-con 2009 (first and only time I was lucky enough to attend). I had come across SSC on the internet while looking for a black spidey statue (I didn't own any statues at the time), but I passed because I thought it couldn't possibly look as good in person as it did in the photos. Then I passed by their display area...I was floored. The Optimus Prime blew me away (should have bought that)! I immediately made an order when I got home that evening, and I haven't looked back.

This Hulk is probably the best in my collection right now (although I am still drawn to the Iron Man 2 maquette, and Spidey is my fav character, so the Spidey com is up there, too).

This Hulk is probably the best in my collection right now (although I am still drawn to the Iron Man 2 maquette, and Spidey is my fav character, so the Spidey com is up there, too).

Spider Comiquette is really fantastic. Pose, Sculpt and base are near perfection!

Spider Comiquette is really fantastic. Pose, Sculpt and base are near perfection!

Agreed. The only downfall of the Spidey com for me is that I don't think his face looks great when you look at it straight on. Not a huge deal because I display it an angle (so you're looking at his left side), and he looks outstanding. I don't really care that there is no nose because that is how he is often drawn in the comics.

I do have a little 1/4 scale Spider-Man mini bust (see attached pic)...if I could somehow put this head on the comiquette...instantly my fav piece by a mile.

I've been trying to convince my wife that we should display some pieces in our living room...it was a no go. :)

My wife likes Thing as a movie character so I showed her a picture of the PF, she liked it so that was her next birthday present. She now has her own, small, collection in the living room. Thing, a TMNT and a couple of spidey pieces.
She doesn't try and talk me out of any purchases now, money well spent :wink1:

Agree 100%.

My moment of epiphany was Comic-con 2009 (first and only time I was lucky enough to attend). I had come across SSC on the internet while looking for a black spidey statue (I didn't own any statues at the time), but I passed because I thought it couldn't possibly look as good in person as it did in the photos. Then I passed by their display area...I was floored. The Optimus Prime blew me away (should have bought that)! I immediately made an order when I got home that evening, and I haven't looked back.

Thanks Bmutha, thought i'd try and help those who are on the fence over this piece and are listening to certain bad vibes such as the eyebrows and teeth, etc... :)

if it were 40 id be all over it in a second. kinda lame they waited till now to do that?

Yep. I mean they were wrong by more than HALF its weight. I could understand being a few pounds off etc. The only thing I can think of is the proto was 40 lbs and SS ended up changing the amount of poly used to make it so its more hollow now.

Hey guys, I just received my hulk about a half hour ago. It's seems the left leg is detached at the top of the thigh. Is this supposed to be this way or did I get a damaged one? Stupid question, I know. But I'm not sure.

Hey guys, I just received my hulk about a half hour ago. It's seems the left leg is detached at the top of the thigh. Is this supposed to be this way or did I get a damaged one? Stupid question, I know. But I'm not sure.

No, that's not normal. Sounds like you'll have to get a replacement.

Back