The Sideshow Freaks Fitness Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cannot see the picture either.

I think you can load up on veggies and eat in moderation but they are excellent snack replacements.

Thanx SK! ....But...define "moderation"?

Time to hit it again!!! I'm up and it's early but I attack the day it doesn't attack me! I AM SKIMAN

I try to wake up early do do all that exercise stuff...but I just can't!! I'm definitely not a morning person!!:(

I'm anemic, so my energy level is low! But I try to push myself as hard as I can!! But mornings....eh!

So....I need some advice!! I usually drink at least one cup of coffee a day, cuz I'm a coffee addict!
But I know that coffee isn't good for weight loss. Any tips on how to quit. It's gonna be hard...but sacrifices must be made to achieve my goal! But I need u guy's help!

Oh and somebody mentioned this P90X program...has anyone heard of this?
https://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/p90x.do?code=P90XDOTCOM

Thanx SK! ....But...define "moderation"?

Moderation really with veggies you can't go wrong, I would say a measure would be 1 cup with every meal, just so the protein and fats are regular digested and that you're not ____ting bricks :lol

Example:

Vegetables: all equal to ~5g carbs
* Asparagus 4 oz or 113 g
* Broccoli 78g or ½ cup
* Green Beans 62.5g or ½ cup
* Onions 53g or 1/3 cup
* Spinach 125g or 2/3 cup
* Celery 120g or 4.25 oz
* Cucumber 156g or 5.5 oz
* Green onions 50g or 1.75 oz
* Mushrooms 78g or 2.5 oz
* Tomato 90g or ½ cup
* Salad greens (lettuce, romaine) 165g or 3 cups

Our preferred vegetables are asparagus, broccoli, green beans and spinach. Use all other
options sparingly.

I try to wake up early do do all that exercise stuff...but I just can't!! I'm definitely not a morning person!!:(

I'm anemic, so my energy level is low! But I try to push myself as hard as I can!! But mornings....eh!

So....I need some advice!! I usually drink at least one cup of coffee a day, cuz I'm a coffee addict!
But I know that coffee isn't good for weight loss. Any tips on how to quit. It's gonna be hard...but sacrifices must be made to achieve my goal! But I need u guy's help!

Oh and somebody mentioned this P90X program...has anyone heard of this?
https://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/p90x.do?code=P90XDOTCOM

I am not at all a morning person but it's the difference on changing the way your body chemistry works, eat early, eat big and then taper down towards the even... Big meals and night ARE THE WORST! You go to bed and you do not burn any of the calories that are taken in. Well your body constantly burns calories even at rest but the abundance of calories at night left over wouldn't get burn while you were sleeping. You'd almost have to workout again and then go to bed :rotfl

Coffee is ok, just same rule applies with moderation a cup of coffee is not going to hurt you, it's around 200mg of caffeine and caffeine weakens the bones but I think 1 cup should be all right, now 4-5 ouch those ppl are gonna be hurting the older they get. :horror

I have heard of the P90x programs, it's pretty much calisthenic work and core strengthening along with a good diet. I have not tried it though as it's not driven for bodybuilding and it's more to get in shape, trim up and shed fat instead of building muscle and then trimming fat but that's what everyone wants to do so I think it's a good program. It's just the basics and the same as every other program though, teaches you to eat at a deficit and to watch your calories and count calories, etc... while exercising.

Moderation really with veggies you can't go wrong, I would say a measure would be 1 cup with every meal, just so the protein and fats are regular digested and that you're not ____ting bricks :lol

Example:

Vegetables: all equal to ~5g carbs
* Asparagus 4 oz or 113 g
* Broccoli 78g or ½ cup
* Green Beans 62.5g or ½ cup
* Onions 53g or 1/3 cup
* Spinach 125g or 2/3 cup
* Celery 120g or 4.25 oz
* Cucumber 156g or 5.5 oz
* Green onions 50g or 1.75 oz
* Mushrooms 78g or 2.5 oz
* Tomato 90g or ½ cup
* Salad greens (lettuce, romaine) 165g or 3 cups

Our preferred vegetables are asparagus, broccoli, green beans and spinach. Use all other
options sparingly.

I am not at all a morning person but it's the difference on changing the way your body chemistry works, eat early, eat big and then taper down towards the even... Big meals and night ARE THE WORST! You go to bed and you do not burn any of the calories that are taken in. Well your body constantly burns calories even at rest but the abundance of calories at night left over wouldn't get burn while you were sleeping. You'd almost have to workout again and then go to bed :rotfl

Coffee is ok, just same rule applies with moderation a cup of coffee is not going to hurt you, it's around 200mg of caffeine and caffeine weakens the bones but I think 1 cup should be all right, now 4-5 ouch those ppl are gonna be hurting the older they get. :horror

I have heard of the P90x programs, it's pretty much calisthenic work and core strengthening along with a good diet. I have not tried it though as it's not driven for bodybuilding and it's more to get in shape, trim up and shed fat instead of building muscle and then trimming fat but that's what everyone wants to do so I think it's a good program. It's just the basics and the same as every other program though, teaches you to eat at a deficit and to watch your calories and count calories, etc... while exercising.

Thanx Ski!! U really know ur stuff!!

As for the p90x thing...i think i'll check it out. My co-worker has it...so maybe he can let me borrow it!!
Awesome! I'm pumped!!!

Jimmy, Kuzeh...LET DO THIS!!!!

Thanx Ski!! U really know ur stuff!!

As for the p90x thing...i think i'll check it out. My co-worker has it...so maybe he can let me borrow it!!
Awesome! I'm pumped!!!

Thank you Bam, I'm thinking about being a certified nutritionist someday, I've read about everything you can imagine about foods, dieting and just changing the eat habits, it's all clockwork to me by now.

but for now it's software programs and bodybuilding to pay for my Sideshow collectibles, oh and my wife :horror :D

I already started!! :rock!!!
:rock!!

Oh yeah baby !!!!! :rock
:rock:rock!

Doom loved me.... I know he does... #125 if you are out there, be safe :monkey2

:lol:lol

BTW Ski,
Do you recommend doing stuff like crunches, push-ups and squats every day?

423.png

BTW Ski,
Do you recommend doing stuff like crunches, push-ups and squats every day?

423.png

If they are body squats I don't see why not, but if it fatigues you too much to where you can't lift on leg day, then I would just save squats for leg day.

Crunches and push-ups sure do them to failure and if you can do them the next day why not. I know abs repair rapidly and I'm not sure how strong your chest is but I'm able to superset push-ups on chest day in the gym without any problems, I also superset push-ups with back day between deadlift sessions.

Back