The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To my PC gaming compatriots: what do you guys think about the graphics downgrade issue?

I'm not so concerned about that, but the issue I have is that it's a bit buggy--for instance I've had 2 crashes within like an hour, and the prerecorded cinematics play at a low framerate, like 18fps for some reason.

Giant Witcher 3 Sculpture Is As Handsome As Geralt

mlkkn4bkmssukvwbuhvz.jpg

The most frustrating thing about this game is Alchemy and Crafting/Blacksmithing. There is so many ingredients and materials in the game that you don't know whats what, what makes what, what can be broken down into what. You don't know what you should sell or what you should keep. The menus are quite confusing.
For instance in order to make a Grapeshot bomb you need Calcium Equum but there is no way to know how to get it. Samum needs Saltpepper, where do you get that? Is it gained from dismantling something? Theres no telling.

The most frustrating thing about this game is Alchemy and Crafting/Blacksmithing. There is so many ingredients and materials in the game that you don't know whats what, what makes what, what can be broken down into what. You don't know what you should sell or what you should keep. The menus are quite confusing.
For instance in order to make a Grapeshot bomb you need Calcium Equum but there is no way to know how to get it. Samum needs Saltpepper, where do you get that? Is it gained from dismantling something? Theres no telling.

thats something overwhelming to me as well. So much stuff.. bushes everywhere .. so much loot things.. no clue whats just just junk..whats good just for re-selling .. and what is used for what...

sometimes to much is not a good thing... keep it simple.

the small text and little icons do not help to make it easier either !!!

So the RPG elements are not toned down from the sound of it?

Glad to hear it, actually. I assuming the crafting is not as intense as Witcher 1?

Kinda hesitating to start this game, given its length....

I'm not so concerned about that, but the issue I have is that it's a bit buggy--for instance I've had 2 crashes within like an hour, and the prerecorded cinematics play at a low framerate, like 18fps for some reason.

Well, at least, that's good to know (about the downgrade). I've read that CDPR has greenlighted a fairly substantial bug patch, but it won't be available for about a week:

The Witcher 3 Will Get Big Patch With "600 Changes" Soon, Includes Improvements To Graphics and Graphical Settings: Dev

That's why I don't buy these big games on release day.
Let every one else be a paying bug tester.

Kinda hesitating to start this game, given its length....

Same here. I too am having that internal struggle. The gamer in me will play it and at the same time not finish it.

I have started the following games:

- Watch Dogs (20% play thru)
- Alien: Isolation (19% play thru)
- Far Cry 4 (5% play thru)

The main reason for not completing is I spend/dedicate way too much time to GTAV. I rather play with friends online than play alone through a single player game.

I've Had the game since May 11th and i'm still playing it ..

i think i'm very close to finish it though (Main Campaign) .. my Character is at Level 27 .. and at 25% game completion ..

It'll be $40 then I am sure. never huts to wait sometimes. Love DA:I myself

true, the frys by me sells used xbone games for 30 bucks, after I purchased dragon age new I went by frys and say the game used for 35 bucks lol it would be nice to the witcher there for that price.

We've arrived in Velen and
Spoiler Spoiler:

Received my collector's edition.
On the statue; Didn't like the Face though, and the sword handle on his back is so fragil, broke mine... but glue can fix it.

rsz_1120150523_213335.jpg
rsz_20150523_213713.jpg
rsz_20150523_213824.jpgrsz_20150523_214119.jpg

We've arrived in Velen and
Spoiler Spoiler:

Yup, branches off into a whole quest line with Keira.

Same here. I too am having that internal struggle. The gamer in me will play it and at the same time not finish it.

I have started the following games:

- Watch Dogs (20% play thru)
- Alien: Isolation (19% play thru)
- Far Cry 4 (5% play thru)

The main reason for not completing is I spend/dedicate way too much time to GTAV. I rather play with friends online than play alone through a single player game.

Of those three, I'd prioritize Alien myself!!!!

Of those three, I'd prioritize Alien myself!!!!

I've been meaning to get back into it. I was stuck on the 5th mission for a while and then gave it a break, but never got back to it. I did love what I had played up to that point and I'm sure I will get back into it at some point.

Back