The Wolverine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess it was too much to expect that people would use spoiler tags here when I just wanted to see if people liked the movie.

Too lazy to highlight some text and press a ****ing button....

So, you were cool with the mech, you just wanted it to be more like IronMan than IronMonger?

Pretty much. Except, don't make it CGI at all and set up it up as this mysterious and anonymous Samurai/Assassin before the reveal at the end.

Does the suit really need to be that big to enhance his abilities (or to extract Logan's healing/youth) or make him live longer? I just didn't get it, especially when in the scene prior to the third act, we see his son fighting in a partial samurai get up. What would have been wrong with making an actual, metal silver Samurai? Why did it have to appear to be this big robot thing? You'd have the same effect and reveal to the audience if you just left the Samurai's identity a mystery.

Pretty much. Except, don't make it CGI at all and set up it up as this mysterious and anonymous Samurai/Assassin before the reveal at the end.

Does the suit really need to be that big to enhance his abilities (or to extract Logan's healing/youth) or make him live longer? I just didn't get it, especially when in the scene prior to the third act, we see his son fighting in a partial samurai get up. What would have been wrong with making an actual, metal silver Samurai? Why did it have to appear to be this big robot thing? You'd have the same effect and reveal to the audience if you just left the Samurai's identity a mystery.

My thought was he had a **** tonof medical equipment at home keeping him alive and that stuff was stuffed into the suits extra space, but thats just what I was thinking from the size. :dunno

Eh, he had that nifty conversion table he was laying on that was his size and we have friggin' smart phones that are the size of a wallet that fit comfortably in our pockets.

I would have totally bought it if the suit was keeping him alive if it was just a little bigger than him while looking like an ordinary suit of armor. It didn't need to be this huge mech thing. That was just jarring seeing the concept blue prints and then immediately jumping into this uber robot, then Wolverine fighting it, physics be damned.

Loved the movie, and liked that it was more character driven. Wish there was more of Yukio, I thought she stole the movie more than Mariko. Give this one 8.5/10

Thought it was well done. Wasn't expecting a love story. :lol The Wolverine vs The Son was pretty kewl.

That was the weakest Adamantium Robot ever though. And the Lizard chick was lame.

Shouldn't the arrows that were shot at him bounce off his skeleton?

Just ended. Liked it, but nothing awesome. What happened to the bight fight scene with the ninjas that was in the previews? What is this, IM3? ;)

During this movie I found myself looking around a lot, checking the time, and looking at how many junior mints I had left. I wanted to walk out half way through but after paying around $15 for admission and junior mints I was too invested to leave. I don't know what pissed me off more...the crappy movie, admission price, or 4 bucks for junior mints.

During this movie I found myself looking around a lot, checking the time, and looking at how many junior mints I had left. I wanted to walk out half way through but after paying around $15 for admission and junior mints I was too invested to leave. I don't know what pissed me off more...the crappy movie, admission price, or 4 bucks for junior mints.

You should watch Man of Steel, and then this movie. Your opinion might just change!

I did watch Man of Steel. I didn't care for it either but I would gladly watch it again before watching Wolverine. Also on a side note, I'm so sick of 3D movies. I saw my first 3D movies this year and I just don't see the point. Star Trek, Man of Steel, and Wolverine. None needed to be in 3D. I'll be so glad when this fad goes away.

Back