Things I Hate

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Other responsibilities are the number one reason I get no sleep. When everyone else is working during the day, there's no one around to get things done except for the person who works nights.

I hear ya! That's the way it is with me. When I do get to bed, I can't shut my brain off with all the things I need to get done the next day. For some reason I have no problem with that on weekends because work isn't involved.

Too damn much stress!

My new secret weapon is pot smoking accompanied by heavy yardwork. The only pitfall is that I get overly ambitious, work until 4, and then crash too hard to wake up on time. :duh

It's ok though. That's what naps in the back office are for.

If I smoke pot, I don't get tired, I just talk alot and giggle. :lol

Right now here's how my wife's schedule usually goes;

Tue; 6-2
Wed; 8-4
Thu; 2-10
Fri; 4-12
Sat; 3-11

It's pretty much like she only has a day and a half off instead of two days. Her work schedule is one of the worst I've seen.

I would totally hate that! What does she do?

I would totally hate that! What does she do?

She's a full-timer in the PA Air National Guard. She's an air traffic controller. They usually switch their schedules around every 2 months or so, but they seem to like keeping her on this crap.

She's a full-timer in the PA Air National Guard. She's an air traffic controller. They usually switch their schedules around every 2 months or so, but they seem to like keeping her on this crap.

I would think they'd want someone to be on a set schedule to do that kind of work, to ensure that they're well rested and on their toes.

But then I've never understood why they work interns at a hospital for 48-72 hours in a row either. Makes no sense.

It's spelled jiggle.

The work that makes me tired. Smoking pot just makes the work seem interesting, otherwise I would be much less motivated to do it. It does deplete your blood sugar,

I'm more apt to do that too. :D

Hmmmmm.....pot smoking the cure for diabeties? :dunno

I think I fell asleep in the middle of editing that or something. I was going to say that low glucose is why you get sleepy after smoking, and why it's so hard to wake up if you fall asleep.

Other responsibilities are the number one reason I get no sleep. When everyone else is working during the day, there's no one around to get things done except for the person who works nights.

damn right, no rest for the wicked. what i hate about it is when friends pop in and make you babysit their kids while they work...one reason why i dont tell them my work schedule anymore.

damn right, no rest for the wicked. what i hate about it is when friends pop in and make you babysit their kids while they work...one reason why i dont tell them my work schedule anymore.

There's this little thing called the word "NO!" that just works wonders in those situations. :wink1:

with the kids? or their parents? :lol
i find "i'm drunk"(even though i'm not) kept me off clear for a good month or 2.

The parents. My in-laws started suggesting that kinda stuff early on in the marriage, for my wife's siblings to do because I worked nights, and I flat-out just said no. I'm not going to be responsible for other people's children and their behavioral issues. Then I added that I would be seeking replacements for any of the all but irreplaceable collectibles I have should one break it, adding aftermarket HT values, etc.. Tune changed right quick. :lol

I don't mind babysitting once in a great while for a good friend or a family member, who actually helps me out as well, if they're in a pinch. But I've made it clear that they're not going to pull this "we're family" BS on me so they have a cheap alternative to daycare. I've spent upwards of $800+ a month on daycare for only 2 kids at the time, because my kids are my responsibility not friends and family's.

Which this family in town has 3 girls working a schedule out amongst themselves to watch their kids for $25 a day! One of those girls is a friend of mine's daughter who watches our girls every now and then (for a lot more than $25!), whom I love like my own kid. I tell her all the time, don't ever think they're doing you a favor by having you be their babysitter, you're the one who is doing them the HUGE favor! But she needs the money for stuff she wants, so she bites.

I know, those 2010 join daters! ..... Oh wait, nevermind.

:D

:lol There are those that don't fall into that classification. :lol Just like folks like Deadly Daggers is 05 join date but probably has his head up his behind as much as fuzzy people. :lol

Tis alright, I'm not as thin skinned and sensitive as some people :D
Plus, I get positive reinforcement from NAM almost daily :lol

Back