Things I Hate

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will never understand when it became kosher to pay someone to let them borrow your money. :monkey1

It's those damn hidden fees. My direct deposit account from work doesn't see any action for two months during the summer so Key Bank decides to charge me a fee for maintaining the account despite having money in it. This after earlier in the year they were charging me a fee just to have the damn account until I _____ed! Of course they don't tell you this ____ and you find it on your online statement after the fact.

This is why I loathe direct depositing and billpay. You have to wonder how many people actually pay attention to their accounts every single month and know exactly what's going on. The banks are making a killing I bet.

We can still take cameras onto our beaches, rivers, lakes etc, as these are all public and as yet we have no rules against photographing whatever in public. But most pools are private nowadays, and then it's up to the owners to set the rules - and almost universally it's 'no cameras allowed'. Schools (but not all of them) typically take the same stance with their sports carnivals. I try to see the other side of it, but far out... I just want to take pictures of my kids being children :dunno[/QUOTE]

Do they allow cell phones?

We can still take cameras onto our beaches, rivers, lakes etc, as these are all public and as yet we have no rules against photographing whatever in public. But most pools are private nowadays, and then it's up to the owners to set the rules - and almost universally it's 'no cameras allowed'. Schools (but not all of them) typically take the same stance with their sports carnivals. I try to see the other side of it, but far out... I just want to take pictures of my kids being children :dunno[/QUOTE]

Do they allow cell phones?

Pools in Australia have just about universally banned cell phones from change rooms. You can have them in the pool area proper, but you still can't use them as a camera. Same anywhere that photography is not permitted. So if you want to get a pic in one of these places you actually have to behave like a real creep and do it on the sly. It's messed up. It's got to the point in our neck of the woods that people think they have a right to stop you from photographing in public spaces.

The irony is there are surveillance cameras everywhere. Googlemaps vans trundle down the street every so often, snapping everything they drive past. But dang, point a camera in someone's general direction and they get all tetchy and nervous about it.

Hot Toys at the moment. :monkey4

say-hello-to-my-little-banjo.gif

Oh. Don't be sad Weeniecakes. :dance

I hate anonymous. "Vox populi, vox anon." ____ you. You don't speak for me, totalitarian garbage. If anyone wants to see the face of the new brownshirts, look no further.

Oh. Don't be sad Weeniecakes. :dance

I hate anonymous. "Vox populi, vox anon." ____ you. You don't speak for me, totalitarian garbage. If anyone wants to see the face of the new brownshirts, look no further.

:lol WeenieCakes.....I like that! Goes with KoriKins that some call me.

I hate anonymous as well. :mad:

AEP...our electric company.

They've been going through the neighborhoods trimming trees as they do every year. Well. in the old days if they had to trim your trees back, they would trim the whole tree and leave it looking nice. Now, they just hack half the tree off and leave it a mess. My nice maple tree that is very slow growing and just reached the lines got one whole side taken out of it. It's back all the way down to the trunk. There was no reason for it. Now I'll have to pay someone to come trim it more and try to make it look halfway decent. It's that way all over town. We have a lot of trees, which made the town look nice and now most look horrible.

_______s!

I guess I lucked out - they did that to some of my trees and actually did a nice job. Cleaned up the mess and it was all free.

Back