Things I Hate

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You sound like me! I need one too. I just don't know what to get. :dunno

I'm thinking a sleep number for me. I've always preferred harder mattresses, but surprisingly, my couch is rather soft. So now I don't know what I need...but with a sleep number I can't go wrong.

The postal man who don't even try to deliver your package, but leaves an orange note. Then when you make that trip to the post office they can't even find it!!!

I hate letting my dog out at night to go to the bathroom. She's already gotten in a fight with a possum and a cat. Tonight she went after a raccoon. Thankfully, it was able to jump my fence...but I can only imagine what would have happened if it was cornered. My little Coco thinks she's such a bad ass but she's just going to get herself hurt if she keeps this up. I may have to start putting her on her leash at night. :(

I hate letting my dog out at night to go to the bathroom. She's already gotten in a fight with a possum and a cat. Tonight she went after a raccoon. Thankfully, it was able to jump my fence...but I can only imagine what would have happened if it was cornered. My little Coco thinks she's such a bad ass but she's just going to get herself hurt if she keeps this up. I may have to start putting her on her leash at night. :(

Jen, your dog and members here at SSF have lots in common :rotfl

When some moron with no car insurance crashes into your parked vehicle (yes my car was hit a couple of weeks ago). I also hate when people buy expensive high-end vehicles, but are too damn cheap to get some insurance. I also hate the ones who spend all their money on flashy expensive cars and then don't have money for the gas tank, so they just borrow and mooch off others. It's all flash and fashion for them, but meanwhile they have no substance.

Not being able to take photographs of my kids at swimming pools, sports days and other school events because society projects a disproportionate sense of the threat of pedophiles to our children.

"Why can't you take my picture Daddy?"

"Because people are worried their kids might end up in a photograph that some twisted kiddy-fiddler will be jacking off to and passing around sicko newsgroups."

"Oh I see, I perfectly understand. I guess we can always re-enact my first 100m run down at the park later on. It'll look like I'm running a race on my own, but no matter."

Not being able to take photographs of my kids at swimming pools, sports days and other school events because society projects a disproportionate sense of the threat of pedophiles to our children.

"Why can't you take my picture Daddy?"

"Because people are worried their kids might end up in a photograph that some twisted kiddy-fiddler will be jacking off to and passing around sicko newsgroups."

"Oh I see, I perfectly understand. I guess we can always re-enact my first 100m run down at the park later on. It'll look like I'm running a race on my own, but no matter."

Really? :monkey1

For all our pretence of being a laid back culture, we've got one of the most regulated societies on the planet. We even have a term for people who try to regulate all the spontaneity and fun out of living: 'wowsers' (and 'wowserism', the act itself). Sadly when it comes to photographing kids, the wowsers have taken over in this country.

I take pics of my kids swimming all the time. :dunno

We can still take cameras onto our beaches, rivers, lakes etc, as these are all public and as yet we have no rules against photographing whatever in public. But most pools are private nowadays, and then it's up to the owners to set the rules - and almost universally it's 'no cameras allowed'. Schools (but not all of them) typically take the same stance with their sports carnivals. I try to see the other side of it, but far out... I just want to take pictures of my kids being children :dunno

Back