Things I Hate

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How can something you don't believe in piss you off? :dunno

I have to believe that Jesus is the Son of God to be offended by the moral code he taught and represents?

Yep...Stephen King's second best book...right after The Stand. And if Lewiston sucks that badly...I feel for you.

Some places are just plain evil. However, I can say with no hesitation that it keeps things interesting.

What's wrong is equating 'good' with helping other people. 'Good' is not needing help. Helping others is tolerating a deficit of good. While it may have ameliorating effects in the short term, to elevate altruistic behavior to a status of moral equivalence with true virtue is a reversal of cause and effect. In the long term, it places those who are capable of living without a crutch in servitude to those who cannot. The logical end result of such an arrangement is a world full of nothing but cripples and wet nurses. In short, not good.

We all ask for help. Whether it's watching someone's kids, giving someone a ride if they have no transportation. A friend of mine is diagnosed with cervical cancer..I help watch her kids so she can go to chemo. A group of us got together and did all her yard work. I also help out some of the elderly from my church by helping clean their apartments a couple times a year and running some errands for them.

When we stop caring and helping those around us, then that to me is not good.

Who said anything about not caring? If people are a value to you, then it is worth it to not see them suffer. But the idea that the able have a moral obligation to provide for the unable--regardless of whether it is a value to them--is corrupt on its face.

You're equating giving a damn about others with selflessness, and that's nonsense. Nonsense on a stick, in fact.

Are you saying you wouldn't get yourself nailed to a tree if you thought it would save the world?

Because if you are, I'd like to shake your hand.

Are you saying you wouldn't get yourself nailed to a tree if you thought it would save the world?

Because if you are, I'd like to shake your hand.

I wouldn't get firmly tied, much less nailed :)

Not even Steve Austin? :monkey2

Stone-Cold-Steve-Austin.png

And your blaming Jesus for political views and policies you don't agree with. That to me is also nonsense.

Yes I do believe in helping people out if they were to fall on hard times. However, there are too many people that abuse the system and I would love to see the whole thing redone where there is more accountability to those who are seeking aid. Whether there be cut off times in place, or they have to do some kind of community work to compensate for the money they are receiving, etc... I blame a system that is completely broken and no politicians that seem to have the balls to do anything about it.

There is also the elderly to consider, veterans injured physically and/or mentally by the wars....there should be some kind of aid for them and their families.

For me, it's not so cut and dry as you seem to make it out to be. And I certainly wouldn't be blaming Jesus for government policies that are broken. Jesus said to help your fellow man....but if that man chooses to be a lazy bum and not contribute to society, make something of themselves or put to good use the kindness that has been given to them, then that is different. Sloth is also a sin and I don't believe it is our responsibility to continually help these type of people out.

And your blaming Jesus for political views and policies you don't agree with. That to me is also nonsense.

Yes I do believe in helping people out if they were to fall on hard times. However, there are too many people that abuse the system and I would love to see the whole thing redone where there is more accountability to those who are seeking aid. Whether there be cut off times in place, or they have to do some kind of community work to compensate for the money they are receiving, etc... I blame a system that is completely broken and no politicians that seem to have the balls to do anything about it.

There is also the elderly to consider, veterans injured physically and/or mentally by the wars....there should be some kind of aid for them and their families.

For me, it's not so cut and dry and you seem to make it out to be. And I certainly wouldn't be blaming Jesus for government policies that are broken. Jesus said to help your fellow man....but if that man chooses to be a lazy bum and not contribute to society, make something of themselves or put to good use the kindness that has been given to them, then that is different. Sloth is also a sin and I don't believe it is our responsibility to continually help these type of people out.

Jesus & politics?!!?!?!?!

In a single post! :thud:

You are a bad mod, Jennifer :nono

Reported :cool:

I'm blaming Jesus for making the ethics that support those political views popular. I suppose I should be blaming the people who buy his records, but if he didn't make them, no one would listen.

The system isn't broken. It's evil. Stop supporting it with other people's life. It's not yours to share.

I always wanted a tail :(

The human design is so f'n boring. :sleep

Yeah. There are some definite areas that could use improvement. I think horns would be useful as hell.

I'm blaming Jesus for making the ethics that support those political views popular. I suppose I should be blaming the people who buy his records, but if he didn't make them, no one would listen.

The system isn't broken. It's evil. Stop supporting it with other people's life. It's not yours to share.

And how should I do that? Stop voting....follow your lead and stop paying taxes?

:lol :lol :lol Someone I respect on this board told me to not waste my time arguing with you...from your last post, I can see how right they are because there is nothing you could say at this point that would make me even begin to understand your way of thinking and I am sure the same goes for you and my beliefs. So to each their own.

Back