Things I Hate

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone you respect understands that it's a waste of time to argue with someone when they're wrong. I agree.

I don't care what you do. You were the one who couldn't help commenting on my opinion of Jesus. You get what you ask for.

Who said anything about not caring? If people are a value to you, then it is worth it to not see them suffer. But the idea that the able have a moral obligation to provide for the unable--regardless of whether it is a value to them--is corrupt on its face.

So the only people you will go out of your way to help are only people you care about? That's low in my opinion. Your parents didn't teach you manners or something? I always help someone if they ask for a quick hand, helping someone who needs a hand always makes me feel good and people are appreciative when you do.

So what do you do when someone you don't care about askes for help, tell them to F off or make up an excuse?

So the only people you will go out of your way to help are only people you care about? That's low in my opinion. Your parents didn't teach you manners or something? I always help someone if they ask for a quick hand, helping someone who needs a hand always makes me feel good and people are appreciative when you do.

So what do you do when someone you don't care about askes for help, tell them to F off or make up an excuse?

What he's saying is "don't help the bottom feeders." Basically the people who're so dependent on others to live that they're inept, social parasites, incapable of functioning on their own.

What's so wrong with trying to be good, helping your neighbor, etc? :dunno

"Helping your neighbor" inevitably leads to Adultery. Especially when your neighbor is a hot 18 year old chick who's been tempting me for the last 3 months by gardening in daisy duke shorts and a tank top with no bra.

"Helping your neighbor" inevitably leads to Adultery. Especially when your neighbor is a hot 18 year old chick who's been tempting me for the last 3 months by gardening in daisy duke shorts and a tank top with no bra.

i see no problem with this whatsover.............:lecture

You're low, in my opinion. In the first place, the extent of your literacy is suspect. In the second place, you read my post exactly how a person who thinks that other people's moral character is dependent on how much they will sacrifice for other people without thinking twice. You think people are obligated to help another just because they come begging for it? Without question? Without knowing whether or not they deserve it? I'm not talking about something as casual as being polite (although imposing yourself on someone by asking for help can be the epitome of rudeness). I'm talking about people who live as congenital dependents on the good will of others, exploiting their lives, time and money because they're too degenerate to lift a finger for their damned selves, and they know that there will always be a sucker's generosity to use to their advantage. If you don't bother to make that distinction when charity mongers come grovelling, I wish a thousand needy, hustling leeches upon you. I hope they give you lots of warm, fuzzy, cannibalized feelings. Maybe someone will make you a saint and you can feel even more superior to people like me who value their selves enough to not live for the sake of other people's helplessness.

My parents taught me that I'm not a slave, that no one owes me something for nothing, that it is for me to decide who I will be kind to, and that I am not obligated to anyone against my own choice. They also taught me that people who boast about how charitable they are, are anything but charitable, and that there is nothing lower than someone who holds their own selflessness as a claim to a superior self.

They had too much self-respect to believe otherwise.

d76 isn't very good at making friends, he's abrasive and surly, but also very charitable and kind. He once wanted to pack all of America's homeless into cargo planes and drop them on Libya. The homeless, not the cargo planes. If that's not the act of a selfless and charitable man, then sir, I don't know what is.

You're low, in my opinion. In the first place, the extent of your literacy is suspect. In the second place, you read my post exactly how a person who thinks that other people's moral character is dependent on how much they will sacrifice for other people without thinking twice. You think people are obligated to help another just because they come begging for it? Without question? Without knowing whether or not they deserve it? I'm not talking about something as casual as being polite (although imposing yourself on someone by asking for help can be the epitome of rudeness). I'm talking about people who live as congenital dependents on the good will of others, exploiting their lives, time and money because they're too degenerate to lift a finger for their damned selves, and they know that there will always be a sucker's generosity to use to their advantage. If you don't bother to make that distinction when charity mongers come grovelling, I wish a thousand needy, hustling leeches upon you. I hope they give you lots of warm, fuzzy, cannibalized feelings. Maybe someone will make you a saint and you can feel even more superior to people like me who value their selves enough to not live for the sake of other people's helplessness.

My parents taught me that I'm not a slave, that no one owes me something for nothing, that it is for me to decide who I will be kind to, and that I am not obligated to anyone against my own choice. They also taught me that people who boast about how charitable they are, are anything but charitable, and that there is nothing lower than someone who holds their own selflessness as a claim to a superior self.

They had too much self-respect to believe otherwise.

I'm low because l will help someone :cuckoo:.Well you have some views there. You say it's corrupt for an able person to help an unable person, that is a pretty stupid statement, you should clarify what an unable person is, an old man or woman, the handicap OR a lazy Freeloader. You should be more specific when making a statement like that.

You think asking for help is rude, what is more rude, asking someone for help or not helping? So in order for you to help someone you need to know their life story to know whether they deserve to be helped?

If someone is a complete freeloader who doesn't do anything for themselves when they clearly could, like a young fit person, then yeah tell them to do it themselves, they are capable, but only if there is pattern of them abusing others generosity on a regular basis (pure laziness). Is this why you don't help strangers because you fear they may be one of these people and you will feel ashamed of yourself because you parents brainwashed you into thinking that you become a slave or lower being or a sucker and helping someone isn't being charitable it's the opposit, it actually makes you arrogant (by thinking you're more superior)?

Last edited:
Back