Things I Hate

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
anchorman-1.jpg

"You've been Quiggled"

:lol I just noticed the quote.

I hate when ppl are referring to sports teams, they say "we", as if they are going out there and contributing to something :cuckoo:

I hate when ppl are referring to sports teams, they say "we", as if they are going out there and contributing to something :cuckoo:

Amen to that bro I hate that ____. :clap
My brother-in-law and his family are always saying that crap. Saying stuff like "we scored a touchdown".."we're going to the playoffs" or "we really trained hard for this win" like they worked out with the team when they never seen the inside of a gym in their lives. I always tell them 'your fat asses didn't do ____ but drink beer and eat chips'. :lol

That's how all sports fans talk. Just anther reason l don't like full blown sports junkies. Also why people jump up and down and yell at the TV durng sporting events is beyond me, I mean the players o the TV can't hear you and if they did l doubt they would care what you have to say.

Yea, its we..like we the people of the city the team is named to, what is so wrong with that?.

I could see if it were say ahhh.. some dude living in Winnipeg and saying "we" and reffering to his team as the Pittsburg Penguins. XD

That's how all sports fans talk. Just anther reason l don't like full blown sports junkies. Also why people jump up and down and yell at the TV durng sporting events is beyond me, I mean the players o the TV can't hear you and if they did l doubt they would care what you have to say.

I've never said that, ever in regards to the teams I root for. I understand yelling at the TV, that's just natural emotions, it's stupid, but that's part of being emotionally attached to a sports team.

Yea, its we..like we the people of the city the team is named to, what is so wrong with that?.

I could see if it were say ahhh.. some dude living in Winnipeg and saying "we" and reffering to his team as the Pittsburg Penguins. XD

nah, that still doesn't make sense imo

This!

Although I have to admit to doing it accidentally from time to time. But I hate it as much when I do it as when anyone else does it.

LOL...I mentioned in the NFL thread that I used to be so bad at this that my dog attacked me for it, once. I wasn't actually yelling advice to the team, but I was celebrating a touchdown that my team made, and I was so loud and animated in my excitement that my dog went nuts.

Along the same line, I can't stand it when sports players refer to themselves as "you".

"You gotta go out there, swing the bat and hope it makes contact."

No I don't.

That's on par with all the third person talk athletes do.

"Shaq goes out there and performs, because that's what Shaq does" - Shaq

:lol

Dats wha da Ski does, ZOMG.. Straight pwning fools left and right!!!

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle... Yea!!!

God, I'm old.

Sent by my SKIRUN-A-MUCK550_6100 using Skiatalk

That's on par with all the third person talk athletes do.

"Shaq goes out there and performs, because that's what Shaq does" - Shaq

:lol

British cycling champion Chris Hoy on being asked by a journalist 'what's does Chris Hoy think of Chris Hoy?"

"Chris Hoy thinks that the day Chris Hoy refers to Chris Hoy in the third person is the day that Chris Hoy disappears up his own arse."

Back