Things I Hate

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everything about rock n roll begins with Robert Johnson and ends with Sonic Youth.

Don't forget Charley Patton, Son House,Blind Willie McTell, Leadbelly, Blind Lemon Jefferson, Skip James, Lonnie Johnson, etc. etc.

To be more accurate, rock and roll began in the fields with call and response which morhped into blues.

I'd put the Pixies above Sonic Youth, but that's just me.

I don't think it could be called anything resembling rock n roll until Robert Johnson. And I can understand a preference for the Pixies, but I've never heard anything as violently creative as Sonic Youth.

The Beatles were infinitely better songwriters, but no one rocks like that. Maybe Hendrix. And Sabbath. Sometimes Primus.

I don't think it could be called anything resembling rock n roll until Robert Johnson. And I can understand a preference for the Pixies, but I've never heard anything as violently creative as Sonic Youth.

The Beatles were infinitely better songwriters, but no one rocks like that. Maybe Hendrix. And Sabbath. Sometimes Primus.

Well, I'm talking about like the real genesis of rock and roll started in blues which began in the fields with call and response.

There's a lot of early prewar blues that resembled early rock and roll, not just Robert Johnson. He gets a lot of credit, but many blues songs were morbid or sexual in nature and many have the structure of rock.

I'm not much of a Sonic Youth fan. I've listened to their no wave and later stuff. It' just doesn't do it for me.

Here's a video of Skip James

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtZ6DoeimP4[/ame]

whiny ass buyers. His stupid payment cleared today, and he's _____ing at me cause I haven't given him a tracking number yet. I just want to tell people like that to STFU, I have a life. I went to the PO, then to the gym for awhile afterwards, and had to work this morning. I want to _____ slap ppl like that. It hasn't even been 24 hrs since his payment cleared :slap

Man I hear you on that. This one buyer took a whole week to finally pay me and when he finally did he started emailing me two hours later..."well did you send it...did you send it". I was like this mutha effer took his sweet ass time to pay me and then has the nerve to start rushing me. Even though I did send it and give him a tracking number the same day just the fact that he did that pissed me off.

Getting stuck as a note taker for a disabled student who is taking the same college class as I am during another section.

I wouldn't really mind it that much normally if I was a full time student, but I work full time, it's a night class, and the class is really easy for me so I don't normally even need to take notes for myself. However, now I have to and I also have to worry about dropping the notes off at the Office for Student with Disabilities on a day that I normally wouldn't have to stop by the school. The teacher specifically asked me to help him out since nobody wanted to do it and he's also a teacher at one of the local high schools, so I want to stay on his good side since I might need his help with finding a job in the future.

Getting stuck as a note taker for a disabled student who is taking the same college class as I am during another section.

I wouldn't really mind it that much normally if I was a full time student, but I work full time, it's a night class, and the class is really easy for me so I don't normally even need to take notes for myself. However, now I have to and I also have to worry about dropping the notes off at the Office for Student with Disabilities on a day that I normally wouldn't have to stop by the school. The teacher specifically asked me to help him out since nobody wanted to do it and he's also a teacher at one of the local high schools, so I want to stay on his good side since I might need his help with finding a job in the future.

They get government grants for that. You should be compensated for it. :huh

wierd-science-indeed-kelly-lebrock-funny-pictures-1303941418.jpg

Ski

Back