Things I Hate

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cant see the pic

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

That better? :lol

I remember seeing something on brown recluse bites and the after effects last week. Those things are no joke.

WARNING!!! Do not click if you have a weak stomach.

https://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&...&ndsp=22&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:8,i:97&tx=115&ty=60

That's after neglect though (procrastinating in getting the bites checked out) and then, it all depends on how bad a reaction you have to the bite. While those pics are real, those people are the extremes. Thousands of people get bit by recluses every year and suffer just your basic bug-bite symptoms.

Daddy long legs are notorious for it.

I don't mind Daddy Longlegs around the outside of my house (any bug on the inside get's the death penalty) I heard they were the most poisonous though.:dunno

And then let this sink in: That's complete BS. It's an urban myth bro. :wave

Yeah, kinda got that from Toylion. :lol

https://www.burkemuseum.org/spidermyth/myths/whileyousleep.html

"This very widespread urban legend has no basis in fact. It exists in various forms; another common version is that you swallow an average of 20 in your lifetime. (At 4 per year, that would make a very short lifetime of 5 years...) A correspondent in Pennsylvania had heard a version that involved swallowing a pound of spiders (while sleeping) in one's lifetime. (That would be over 20,000 average spiders, for a lifetime of 5,000 years at the 4 per year rate)."

Yup, I had a large Ziplock bag full and after finding #12, told my wife to go in and call Terminix. They come out quarterly to spray now. :lol
A ziplock bag full of Black Widows? :monkey4

pics, or it didn't happen. :lol Where do you live? :lol

:lol

A ziplock bag full of Black Widows? :monkey4

pics, or it didn't happen. :lol Where do you live? :lol

South Monterey County. :lol

The house we bought had been vacant for over a year so they just moved in and made themselves at home. The Terminix dispatcher thought we made up the story, so I sent the bag back with the exterminator who came out to toss on the desk of the dispatcher. :lol

That's after neglect though (procrastinating in getting the bites checked out) and then, it all depends on how bad a reaction you have to the bite. While those pics are real, those people are the extremes. Thousands of people get bit by recluses every year and suffer just your basic bug-bite symptoms.

I was going to post about this. After learning about bug bites/stings over a three-year period while I was raising scorpions and tarantulas, I learned that most extreme reactions to bug bites are allergic reactions to the venom. This goes for most, (not all) venomous bugs including spiders like black widows, brown recluses, and funnel webs, and scorpions. My 1st wife was bitten twice by black widows and had very mild reactions both times. The first time she went to the ER and they told her it was from a mild allergy to the venom. The second time she didn't even bother going.

actually, you are kinda scaring me, I thought it was called a wolf spider, but the recluse spider sounds closer, and judging from the pics of woulds Ive seen, looks like a bite from them would be really horrible, really really horrible, :horror :monkey4 :horror

If that pic is what you actually have, then it's not a brown recluse.

I don't mind Daddy Longlegs around the outside of my house (any bug on the inside get's the death penalty) I heard they were the most poisonous though.:dunno

If Daddy Long Legs were poisonous, I'd be long dead by now. I used to play with them as a kid.

I won't kill any spider in the house. I will move it.

They're called opiliones or harvestmen and nam is right, they're not spiders. However, none of the known species of harvestmen have venom glands. It's an urban legend.

If Daddy Long Legs were poisonous, I'd be long dead by now. I used to play with them as a kid.

I won't kill any spider in the house. I will move it.

I don't kill them either. I put them in a dixie cup with a piece of paper over it and let them outside.

Back