Things I Hate

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate layoffs. So far 3 in my department got mail today saying they're not to return this fall. How we're going to do it is beyond me.

Are they just pulling the pinkslip/rehire ____ to save on benefits? :monkey1

No, not in this case. The ones in question are all less than 6 hour employees. No benefits.

I think the superintendent is probably looking for a way to cover the cost of the new coffee bar at the high school for the teachers lounge (some are saying it's going in the commons area, which is open to students as well). He's spending money on all kinds of unnecessary crap. That's what makes me sick about it. The letters these people got said if was for financial reasons that they were being let go. It's really going to be a hardship without them.

No, not in this case. The ones in question are all less than 6 hour employees. No benefits.

I think the superintendent is probably looking for a way to cover the cost of the new coffee bar at the high school for the teachers lounge (some are saying it's going in the commons area, which is open to students as well). He's spending money on all kinds of unnecessary crap. That's what makes me sick about it. The letters these people got said if was for financial reasons that they were being let go. It's really going to be a hardship without them.

Is there any way you can report them to the state? I know if they pull that ____ here, you can call and a state rep will come down to investigate the complaints. It can result in anything from fines and suspension to the state itself taking over the school (which usually means everybody in administration goes bye bye).

Is there any way you can report them to the state? I know if they pull that ____ here, you can call and a state rep will come down to investigate the complaints. It can result in anything from fines and suspension to the state itself taking over the school (which usually means everybody in administration goes bye bye).

When people complain about such things, they claim that salaries come from one fund, and expenses come from another, but I know damn well they take from one for the other. I've seen it.

Anyhow, I haven't heard everything there is to know about it yet. Our boss isn't taking calls and the people in question have calls in to our union reps. When people get cut like this, it affects us all. They were sent letters. Even our supervisor didn't tell them face to face. Chicken ____s! :monkey4

When people complain about such things, they claim that salaries come from one fund, and expenses come from another, but I know damn well they take from one for the other. I've seen it.

Anyhow, I haven't heard everything there is to know about it yet. Our boss isn't taking calls and the people in question have calls in to our union reps. When people get cut like this, it affects us all. They were sent letters. Even our supervisor didn't tell them face to face. Chicken ____s! :monkey4

Hopefully you guys have union reps worth a damn. :(

Back