Things I Hate

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol I've moved beyond justifying the copious quantities of drugs I've taken over the years. I stopped smoking weed years ago because I realised that there were health issues associated with that method of consumption that had implications not just for me but for my young family. But I still enjoy some choice baked goods from time to time.

In my opinion, what people choose to put into their bodies shouldn't be anyone else's business - not Blackthornone's, not the government's, nobody. I only care about it when it affects others - ie the drunkard who gets behind the wheel of a car, or bashes his wife or bystanders. Or the smack addict who rips people off to sustain their habit. Or the meth-head who crazies himself around the streets at all hours freaking people out with their aggro behaviour.

Outside of that, nobody is going to rightfully tell me I have a problem simply because I personally enjoy the headspace that accompanies a delicious hash cookie. Unless they have a problem themselves. Puritans are extremists. And I loathe extremism in all its forms.

Honestly, legalize it, tax it, treat it like alcohol and there goes the deficit. A side benefit is that having it regulated means that after a while, you all but cripple that aspect of crime. :huh

I hate it when someone leaves a half eaten banana on my kitchen counter and when I go to throw it away 3 dozen fruit flies swirl all around me. :cuss

I hate it when someone leaves a half eaten banana on my kitchen counter and when I go to throw it away 3 dozen fruit flies swirl all around me. :cuss

:mwaha The joy of kids. :mwaha

This sounds very familiar. Only it's my wife that does it, not the kids. She'll cut the banana in half and leave the rest in the fruit bowl, and then a few hours later the damn thing turns all black. :slap

In my opinion, what people choose to put into their bodies shouldn't be anyone else's business - not Blackthornone's, not the government's, nobody. I only care about it when it affects others - ie the drunkard who gets behind the wheel of a car, or bashes his wife or bystanders. Or the smack addict who rips people off to sustain their habit. Or the meth-head who crazies himself around the streets at all hours freaking people out with their aggro behaviour.

Yeah, but that line between where it's a private thing and where it begins to impact others is a blurry one. I've known many, many, people who think their habbit doesn't effect anyone and they've continued to rationalize it to themselves with that frame of mind - yet, at the end of the day they've had a negative impact on many of their loved ones, without necessarily doing anything violent or 'crazy' as such.

Wouldn't that be a rationalization?

Yes, sorry, that's what I meant

Yeah, but that line between where it's a private thing and where it begins to impact others is a blurry one. I've known many, many, people who think their habbit doesn't effect anyone and they've continued to rationalize it to themselves with that frame of mind - yet, at the end of the day they've had a negative impact on many of their loved ones, without necessarily doing anything violent or 'crazy' as such.

Very true, but a lot of behaviours have a similar adverse impact on others, from gambling (legal) to adultery (legal) etc. Decriminalising illicit drugs would make drug consumption a health issue rather than a criminal one. Tax and regulate the stuff. But this 'war on drugs' thing that's been going on for a while now hasn't worked too well for anyone - except petty crims and organised crime.

Very true, but a lot of behaviours have a similar adverse impact on others, from gambling (legal) to adultery (legal) etc. Decriminalising illicit drugs would make drug consumption a health issue rather than a criminal one. Tax and regulate the stuff. But this 'war on drugs' thing that's been going on for a while now hasn't worked too well for anyone - except petty crims and organised crime.

I agree definitely.

It's not a question of need in this case, it's a question of want. Many people are given to want to put whatever substances they feel like into their bodies, and it has nothing to do with 'need' or it being a function of a fundamental underlying problem with respect to how they choose to lead their lives. Who are you to say that they have a problem? That's just, like, your opinion, man.

Whenever someone puts things into their bodies that damages them, it is always a problem, and the want to do so indicates another problem, which is a psychological one. Logic dictates they have a problem.
Whether that problem is a socially unacceptable one is another issue, which is what you are addressing now. That wasn't what I was talking about.
Having to have coffee every morning is a problem, too, because that works by tapping into your adrenals to give you a boost, and then later you are tired because your energy is spent.

Coffee is legal, so the issue wasn't really one of legality.The question was one of using escapist methods to deal with problems, whether it be the government or your lack of happiness.
People have the right to kill themselves if they want.

Last edited:

People are supposed to be 18 to smoke cigarettes, and yet that doesn't protect minors from smoking. It also doesn't protect minors from alcohol, either. Regulating drugs seems like a nice idea on paper, but as cigarettes prove, it will just make it easier for minors to use drugs before they develop enough experience in life to realize that they should never use them in the first place. On the other hand, if someone is kept away from those substances until 21, and they STILL want to use them, then they weren't intelligent enough in the first place and it is no big loss to society for them to be brain damaged by drug use.
Cigarettes prove that decriminalizing drugs are a bad idea.

Doing drugs is always a criminal one if only a crime against your own body. It also permits people to legally profit from making things that give people disease, which is a crime against humanity.

BTW, Adultery should be illegal, too. It is breach of contract.

This sounds very familiar. Only it's my wife that does it, not the kids. She'll cut the banana in half and leave the rest in the fruit bowl, and then a few hours later the damn thing turns all black. :slap

Do you think she would stop doing that if the bananas were half the size, or would she still do it?

Honestly, legalize it, tax it, treat it like alcohol and there goes the deficit. A side benefit is that having it regulated means that after a while, you all but cripple that aspect of crime. :huh
Except then the U.S. Government couldn't make as much money by importing it onto U.S. military bases and selling it fund whatever they use that money for. I'll bet the U.S. government imports at least half.
I've heard it still goes on. In case you think the U.S. Government would NEVER be in the drug business, I have two words for you=

Air America.

Last edited:
People are supposed to be 18 to smoke cigarettes, and yet that doesn't protect minors from smoking. It also doesn't protect minors from alcohol, either. Regulating drugs seems like a nice idea on paper, but as cigarettes prove, it will just make it easier for minors to use drugs before they develop enough experience in life to realize that they should never use them in the first place. On the other hand, if someone is kept away from those substances until 21, and they STILL want to use them, then they weren't intelligent enough in the first place and it is no big loss to society for them to be brain damaged by drug use.
Cigarettes prove that decriminalizing drugs are a bad idea.

Doing drugs is always a criminal one if only a crime against your own body. It also permits people to legally profit from making things that give people disease, which is a crime against humanity.

BTW, Adultery should be illegal, too. It is breach of contract.

I see much logic with this side of the debate too

Jimmy Dean is worse than Hilter.

Crimes against humanity and pigmanity!

*starting interwebz campaign to bring Jimmy Dean to justice*

One should resist letting perfect be the enemy of good :wink1:

There was no perfection mentioned. Reducing the chance of a child getting drugs does not guarantee or suggest perfection. There are many many ways a child can screw themselves up. Lets not add one MORE thing to the things that can destroy humanity, such as the decriminalization of drugs.
Perfection and goodness are the same thing, btw. Goodness in the absolute is the only concise definition of the word, and hence true goodness is perfection. By the same token, perfection in the absolute is the only true perfection.

Only a moral relativist believes in relative goodness.

There is no goodness whatsoever in illegal drugs.

What you are really saying is, don't let protecting the human quality of life and it's long term survival impair whatever morally relativistic habits you have because you lack the character to strive higher.

Last edited:
Back