Things I Hate

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn those bankrupt companies that won't pay what they did when they weren't bankrupt.
picture.php

Sounds like Hostess has an option if they don't relent. Sucks that it will take down the other two unions, plus decades of an American tradition.

Damn those bankrupt companies that won't pay what they did when they weren't bankrupt.
picture.php

Exactly.

Sounds like Hostess has an option if they don't relent. Sucks that it will take down the other two unions, plus decades of an American tradition.

As we've discussed previously, I have lots of memories from Dolly Madison products and now Hostess. It could be a sad day. I really hope someone can pick up the torch and carry it on.

Plus, my kid loves the powdered donuts. I'm not sure how I'm gonna break it to a 2yr old that he might be SOL. :lol

I wouldn't say Ruffalo is a good looking dude in any pic they use. :lol

Besides, unless you are in a waiting room, who looks at magazines anymore?

I think Ruffalo is good looking. :dunno

And I buy a couple of magazines a week. Not People, but I will sometimes pick of this issue if it looks good. This year is the WORST I've ever seen it. Monkeys must take the pictures this year.

And NO RENNER! All the male Avengers, but NO RENNER! :mad:

As we've discussed previously, I have lots of memories from Dolly Madison products and now Hostess. It could be a sad day. I really hope someone can pick up the torch and carry it on.

Plus, my kid loves the powdered donuts. I'm not sure how I'm gonna break it to a 2yr old that he might be SOL. :lol

I can't even begin to describe the anticipation, as a toddler, of my dad coming back out of a store after he went in to pick up cigarettes or something. Sitting in the car, knowing he wouldn't bring out the same thing as last time, and that he would never fail to find something better. "Hurry up and eat that before we get home, and don't tell your mother."

Dude...I have no forgiveness in my heart for those who would bring down Hostess. None.

I have a solution for you Hostess: fire the bakers union.

You're welcome.

Yup.....the world would be such a better, wonderful place if all the unions would just go away so companies could pay their employees minimum wages with no pension. :)

picture.php

Did you read how much they profited for the last few years then all the sudden went into the tank and had to file for bankrupcy? Something isn't right.

Exactly.

Got a Kroger near you? They have little powdered donuts that taste the same.

Not the same.

Yup.....the world would be such a better, wonderful place if all the unions would just go away so companies could pay their employees minimum wages with no pension. :)

Right, because there were no worthwhile wages or pensions before the unions turned the Midwest blood RED.

:wave

Devil....I won't argue with you because I know it won't do me a bit of good, but I do know what I've seen here in my town and in my state with union busting and the aftermath of it.

And I've seen the damage they've done. It's a vicious cycle.

Work for those who offer terms you agree with. Don't work for those who offer terms you don't. No one owes anyone a job.

Back