Things I Hate

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ski forgets, I can smash too.

IMG_1569.jpg

:lol

You guys must have seen my personal Creature from the Id running around.

So we got lucky, she left it on the dashboard of her car (gray dash, gray ipad cover). I'm buying her a bigger purse tonight. I also need to spend a minute setting up the remote wipe, I was a dumb-ss for not doing that before.

She does feel terrible, so it's a dropped issue. But I'm totally buying my Ben Kenobi Mythos now.

You guys must have seen my personal Creature from the Id running around.

So we got lucky, she left it on the dashboard of her car (gray dash, gray ipad cover). I'm buying her a bigger purse tonight. I also need to spend a minute setting up the remote wipe, I was a dumb-ss for not doing that before.

She does feel terrible, so it's a dropped issue. But I'm totally buying my Ben Kenobi Mythos now.

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:exactly:

Yup, my wife was careless one night while shopping and lost a custom silver bracelet I had made for her birthday, with that leave brooch given to the Fellowship in LOTR. That hurt. :(

Still trying to figure out how to get something out of it. :lol

OMG.....I would've been just SICK if that happened to me. That is so much more special than an iPad. You can replace an iPad.

Did you ever take a pic of it? I would love to have seen it.

That is so much more special than an iPad.

Agreed. I spent more time worrying about the personal info on the device that the ipad itself. I scrambled to change all of her passwords last night to places like ebay, amazon, paypal, online banking... etc.

But at the end of the day there was no doubt in my mind I would simply buy her a new one. And staple it to her.

OMG.....I would've been just SICK if that happened to me. That is so much more special than an iPad. You can replace an iPad.

Did you ever take a pic of it? I would love to have seen it.

She came in and was a complete bumbling idiot. I couldn't understand what she was saying and thought something much worse had happened since she got home late (from searching the store, car and parking lot for a few hours) and didn't answer my calls. :( :lol

Psh. Me? Take pictures? :rotfl

At some point I'll probably either have another made, or if there's a better option of finding one online that can be purchased for cheaper and actually replaced, I might, and prefer to go that route. :lol

Agreed. I spent more time worrying about the personal info on the device that the ipad itself. I scrambled to change all of her passwords last night to places like ebay, amazon, paypal, online banking... etc.

But at the end of the day there was no doubt in my mind I would simply buy her a new one. And staple it to her.

This made me laugh :goodpost:

I hope you don't think I was making light of her losing the iPad, or you losing the money cause I wasn't. I would've felt terrible losing that as well.

That's one thing that scares me about having something like an iPad or even a smartphone is all the info on it then losing it.

No prob. I agree a custom piece of fine jewelry is a more personal item. I simply hope she gets two our three years out of the iPad before something like this rather than two months. By then it will be outdated.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I have to say that has always been a fear of mine with losing my phone or iPad - having all my information on it. But I never save my passwords or my credit card information when I shop online. Hopefully those precautions will help...but I suppose a good hacker could figure out.

I installed Prey on both of our Android phones. It allows for remote data destruction, so if someone lifted my phone it will quickly be wiped. The bonus is I can log into the administration screen on Prey's website and make her phone screech without warning.

Prey in the Android store It can geo-locate your phone on a map and wipe stuff like passwords. It's not a full system wipe, but they are working on that feature. You can however turn off sim card detection. You can also set off an alarm on your phone and sms push messages to the phone "I want my phone back m***********"

If you really want to have revenge there's an app called Kaspersky Mobile Security that takes pictures of whoever is trying to open your phone and emails them to you. That app costs 15 bucks.

Last edited:
Back