Things I Hate

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am with Ween on this one; I am against banning most things unless they depict universally condemned violence (rape, animal cruelty, pedophilia, etc). The problem with banning anything is whose definition of offensive? Liberals want to ban anti-abortion signs or religious beliefs/material that they deem "offensive". Conservatives want to ban 'adult' entertainment or "offensive" lifestyles. If you have a different perspective on YOUR moral beliefs, you are immediately hated by the opposing side...that is scary. The is especially true when the "banning" is happening at schools & colleges.
I hate the hypocrisy of it all.

Here is another example of the Confederate insanity:
Memphis Mayor Wants to Dig Up Dead Confederate War General | Todd Starnes

If you think he is screwy, go Youtube Malik Shabazz's "Mission" comments to the Charleston crowd.

Yeah, I know all about "Paris".

I am with Ween on this one; I am against banning most things unless they depict universally condemned violence (rape, animal cruelty, pedophilia, etc). The problem with banning anything is whose definition of offensive? Liberals want to ban anti-abortion signs or religious beliefs/material that they deem "offensive". Conservatives want to ban 'adult' entertainment or "offensive" lifestyles. If you have a different perspective on YOUR moral beliefs, you are immediately hated by the opposing side...that is scary. The is especially true when the "banning" is happening at schools & colleges.
I hate the hypocrisy of it all.

Here is another example of the Confederate insanity:
Memphis Mayor Wants to Dig Up Dead Confederate War General | Todd Starnes

If you think he is screwy, go Youtube Malik Shabazz's "Mission" comments to the Charleston crowd.

technically i am with ween too, i just feel indiferent since they have been trying to ban video games and metal since the 80s, (something I saw since childhood) my bigger problem was how they pick what to get offended over. thats what made me think of Kanye, from all the news I have seen so far, not one single peep has been made about his flag merchandise, nothing... collective amnesia...
(it's like when snoop dogg trash talked Caytlin Jenner, not a peep, but Drake bell makes fun of her on twitter? BURN HIM :lol
kanye, why isn't there any anger over the shirts he sold? no backlash.... they will never ban what I get offended by, they will never ban Miley Cirus or Justin Bieber lol that type of cultural decadence is A-Ok :wink1:

Last edited:
I didn't realize anyone was trying to ban the Confederate flag. I thought someone just finally had the brains and/or balls to stop flying it over state capitols. Not sure why it was ever allowed in the first place. That flag was defeated. Doesn't mean people can't fly it on private property. People can fly the Nazi flag if they want to as well, but I'm pretty sure people would understand what it meant if it were flying over a seat of government. That the same implication was never afforded the Confederate flag is not something I want to think too much about, but now that it's coming down, I don't really have to.

I didn't realize anyone was trying to ban the Confederate flag. I thought someone just finally had the brains and/or balls to stop flying it over state capitols. Not sure why it was ever allowed in the first place. That flag was defeated. Doesn't mean people can't fly it on private property. People can fly the Nazi flag if they want to as well, but I'm pretty sure people would understand what it meant if it were flying over a seat of government. That the same implication was never afforded the Confederate flag is not something I want to think too much about, but now that it's coming down, I don't really have to.

It's just getting out of hand now. It's one thing to take it down on government buildings (unless it's on the state flag), but when there's now talk of digging up graves of confederate soldiers, etc, then this **** needs to stop.

It's just getting out of hand now. It's one thing to take it down on government buildings (unless it's on the state flag), but when there's now talk of digging up graves of confederate soldiers, etc, then this **** needs to stop.

Mmmmmm... ISIS cake

In Tampa there is this huge C-flag on private property and the guy wont take it down, there is a petition to force him to take it down (as well as the death threats he is getting, people trying to figure out how to destroy it etc)
in my town there is a little confederate statue of a soldier that has been there for like 100 years or something and they are talking about taking it down (some people are talking about destroying it at night)

there were talks about destroying this too (some petition going around):

RDC2o10.jpg

sPM5GVF.jpg

What're they going to do, blow it up like ISIS blew up Jonahs tomb and Ninivah or like the Taliban destroyed those Buddhist statues?
That's right take away and destroy inanimate objects and infringe on people's rights all for the laudable goal of not hurting anyone's feelings. It's all about feeling good, logic need not apply.

It's just getting out of hand now. It's one thing to take it down on government buildings (unless it's on the state flag)

No, even on a state flag. Might take a longer process to fix, but an enemy flag should not be flying over government buildings with jurisdiction over ground that it claimed prior to defeat.

but when there's now talk of digging up graves of confederate soldiers, etc, then this **** needs to stop.

Yeah, that's bull ****. The second you start to act like you have a right to get in people's heads and force their belief---no matter how wrong you can convince yourself and others that they are---you trade the moral high ground for something far lower than the haters you claim superiority over. I'm starting to think that might be more evil than violent criminals (murderers, rapists, pedophiles, thieves). The implications are so much more expansive than the handful of lives one physically forceful individual can affect.

Last edited:
No, even on a state flag. Might take a longer process to fix, but an enemy flag should not be flying over government buildings with jurisdiction over ground that it claimed prior to defeat.

Yeah, that's bull ****. The second you start to act like you have a right to get in people's heads and force their belief---no matter how wrong you can convince yourself and others that they are---you trade the moral high ground for something far lower than the haters you claim superiority over. I'm starting to think that might be more evil than violent criminals (murderers, rapists, pedophiles, thieves). The implications are so much more expansive than the handful of lives one physically forceful individual can affect.

Unless the state flag is changed, then it has a right to fly there. And there has been votes to change one of the state flags (Miss?) but that was voted down. With all that's going on now, I'm sure there will be an even bigger fight to get them changed.

The second you start to act like you have a right to get in people's heads and force their belief---no matter how wrong you can convince yourself and others that they are---you trade the moral high ground for something far lower than the haters you claim superiority over. I'm starting to think that might be more evil than violent criminals..
I think this is the biggest thing that I am getting at. This idea that some people think that they have the right to FORCE their moral beliefs on others is scary as hell to me; particularly when they start using the government to enforce their beliefs. Maybe it is because I have more libertarian leanings and think that people should live & let live (aka, gtfo of other people's lives), but I see so many news stories of people having their lives ruined simply because they offended someone or even expressed a differing opinion.

Some of the core principles that our Nation was founded on were personal liberties, state's rights, separation of powers, and NOT having a federal government that acts like a monarchy. I am not trying to be some conspiracy theorist, but our country is rapidly turning away from all of those principles.

Back