Things I Hate

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont know, probably. Either surgery or chemo if it's cancerous. And I have to go back for a few more MRIs so they can track if it's still growing or what.

The potassium makes my blood flow more freely to prevent clots which would give me really bad headaches or even a stroke if it got too low.

Sounds damned stressful to say the least. Best wishes to you on getting out the other side and putting it behind you.

No, but some studies have showed that when people have high IQs they tend to feel miserable about their lives or at least annoyed. And they have a hard time connecting with dumber people than them.
it's like feeling like you don't even belong in here or something.

There's nothing wrong with being dumb so long as you're not wilfully dumb. Wilfully dumb people should always be difficult to connect with.

I think most dumb people choose to be dumb... not studying hard enough in school, not following proper advice, failing at life, failing to take personal responsibility for their own mistakes, and acting like they've got all the answers when they're in no position to give advice to anyone. But, that basically describes my ****ty generation of Millennials and the Internet culture of today.

I think most dumb people choose to be dumb... not studying hard enough in school, not following proper advice, failing at life, failing to take personal responsibility for their own mistakes, and acting like they've got all the answers when they're in no position to give advice to anyone. But, that basically describes my ****ty generation of Millennials and the Internet culture of today.

Dumb people have been doing dumb stuff since the dawn of time :lol

If you don't think vitamins work, it's time to put on your tin foil hat and lock yourself in a closet. I recently found out I have a small brain tumor and potassium vitamins legit help my blood flow and nerve transmissions so I don't get headaches. No placebos, blood tests in the hospital prove it and that's why they told me to get on them.

Very sorry to hear of your particular situation. I wish you all the health I can. In your situation try what every you can to feel better . Potassium is used in people with possible caner due to low levels being a problem with nerve transmission.

BUT studies have clearly shown multivitamins / most herbs and supplements to be a waste of time at best, and at worst, a severe distraction to people getting actual good treatments and lifestyle modifications. Why lose the extra 80 pounds contributing to diabetes and hypertension when Dr Oz said all I have to do Is pop a pill. We do a huge disservice to ourselves swallowing these easy answers and accepting this world is flat pseudo science.

https://https://annals.org/article.aspx?articleid=1789253

I'll part from this thread now because its gonna get ugly (as it always does with this subject) and wish everyone good luck and the best of health!

I think the problem is that you are confusing real vitamins with the fake stuff.

I remember reports that they would test natural remedies or stuff like multi vitamins and they would not Bing any of the stuff they claimed it had

How companies would just lie about the amount of the ingredients , that part is true. Companies will lie about the extract amount.

But that doesn't mean real vitamins are bad.

I can't believe I just stumbled in here after all this time.

I can't say if vitamins are helpful or not, but I have a real problem getting sick. I don't get sick often, but when I do (Ahem, sounding like the Dos Equis guy here) I usually can't kick the phlegm for at least a few weeks after the rest of the symptoms get better. Often times have to go on Mucinex-D for a couple weeks...once I even lost my voice from it. The phelgm, in turn (for some reason I can't explain) usually causes me to have a bout of acid reflux flareup that can last months. Yes, I have been to the doctor, multiple times, and yes, I do have a prescription for acid reflux pills. As anyone with acid reflux knows, it can disappear for months at a time only to have a flareup that can last...months at a time.

I got sick at the beginning of June with a cold that lasted all of three days. Then had two weeks of phlegm, now I'm still in acid reflux flareup. I only ever get the acid reflux after a cold like this.

Point is, I usually take the Vitamin C "you can't catch a cold" pills religiously during the winter, and whenever my wife gets sick. Just so happens I didn't catch this one in time. But I used to get sick a lot, and suffer a lot, until I started it. Maybe it's a mental placebo, who the heck knows. But I swear by those vitamin tablets. No one can tell me they don't work for me at least.

I read somewhere a while back that your body can only absorb so much in the way of chemicals from one of those tablets. I don't know any exact figures, and I don't remember the source (so take it with a grain of salt), but it was something like, you can only absorb 500 mg of Magnesium from a tablet during a day. So, yeah, you can take a 1000 mg tablet, and think it's better, but it's doing nothing more for you...

i take dumb person over a lazy one.
dumb can be remedied.
laziness is hopeless.

darwin awardees are primarily dumb lazy fooktards. :lol

I'm terribly lazy and unmotivated when it comes to things that should be done. It's getting worse the older I get. :(

Very sorry to hear of your particular situation. I wish you all the health I can. In your situation try what every you can to feel better . Potassium is used in people with possible caner due to low levels being a problem with nerve transmission.

BUT studies have clearly shown multivitamins / most herbs and supplements to be a waste of time at best, and at worst, a severe distraction to people getting actual good treatments and lifestyle modifications. Why lose the extra 80 pounds contributing to diabetes and hypertension when Dr Oz said all I have to do Is pop a pill. We do a huge disservice to ourselves swallowing these easy answers and accepting this world is flat pseudo science.

https://https://annals.org/article.aspx?articleid=1789253

I'll part from this thread now because its gonna get ugly (as it always does with this subject) and wish everyone good luck and the best of health!

There's a reason why physicians are trying to get vitamins off the shelves and to make them prescription only. It's because of money. People being more healthy costs them money.

My doctor started out as a pharmacist. He knows all and tells all. Yes, you shouldn't use herbs and vitamins as a cure all for everything, but to say they are all bad or don't work is baloney. My doctor tells me what vitamins I need.

I deleted my tirade about Metformin. :lol

There's a reason why physicians are trying to get vitamins off the shelves and to make them prescription only. It's because of money. People being more healthy costs them money.

My doctor started out as a pharmacist. He knows all and tells all. Yes, you shouldn't use herbs and vitamins as a cure all for everything, but to say they are all bad or don't work is baloney. My doctor tells me what vitamins I need.

I deleted my tirade about Metformin. :lol

There were rumors that this whole anti.vaccine movement was started by them as well.
It makes sense. Sick kids means costumers for life.

There were rumors that this whole anti.vaccine movement was started by them as well.

I learned a lot when my Dad had cancer about how far they'll go just for money. I'm just glad there's a lot of good doctors out there that buck the system.

Recently things I hate:

People that borrow money and then either never pay it back, or take years to pay it back, all the while still being able to splurge on other things.

People that everyone thinks are so nice, but you know the real them and have actually heard them say such horrible things about their friends behind their backs, but in public, like Facebook, they praise these same friends. Fake people just really irritate me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Recently things I hate:

People that borrow money and then either never pay it back, or take years to pay it back, all the while still being able to splurge on other things.

People that everyone thinks are so nice, but you know the real them and have actually heard them say such horrible things about their friends behind their backs, but in public, like Facebook, they praise these same friends. Fake people just really irritate me.

Never give money to strangers, never lend money to friends.

Recently things I hate:

That even happens online. Even here lol.

wakefield's study was unethical and dishonest. that hack lost his credentials
not only did he slack off with regards to his research parameters.
he was motivated to discredit MMR vaccine to back a pharmaceutical firm to offer an individual dose alternative(stupid), which means more $$$.

Never give money to strangers, never lend money to friends.

Strangely, never lend money to friends is reasonable to Mr. Green. But give to strangers? Mr. Green have been known to give some change or a dollar to homeless/needy. Money's just not everything.

wakefield's study was unethical and dishonest. that hack lost his credentials
not only did he slack off with regards to his research parameters.
he was motivated to discredit MMR vaccine to back a pharmaceutical firm to offer an individual dose alternative(stupid), which means more $$$.

not his results but the hype around it. how it grew so quickly.

thats the conspiracy part

Back