Things I Hate

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys - it's interesting that even though he was just a small dog, one of the things I've noticed now he's gone - apart from the obvious lack of general doggy activity - is that the home feels less 'safe' now. I got to know from Dexter's barks what was going on outside - possum, cat, human visitor etc - without me having to notice those sounds myself.

I don't miss stepping in surprise dog turds though. Now that I have children I'm going to get them to do the puppy and kitty potty-training. They're going to discover the joys of cleaning up piss and **** :yess:

Thanks guys - it's interesting that even though he was just a small dog, one of the things I've noticed now he's gone - apart from the obvious lack of general doggy activity - is that the home feels less 'safe' now. I got to know from Dexter's barks what was going on outside - possum, cat, human visitor etc - without me having to notice those sounds myself.

I don't miss stepping in surprise dog turds though. Now that I have children I'm going to get them to do the puppy and kitty potty-training. They're going to discover the joys of cleaning up piss and **** :yess:

That's the way I feel too. No warning system now.

My Shelties were so easy to train. One day. And I never had to have them on leashes except when they went to the vet or some place. I could open the door, they'd go out and do their business and ask to come back in when they were done.

I'm lucky if I remember to lock the house when I leave. Hell, closing the door has been a chore lately. :dunno

Sorry about your dog Lejuan. I quit dogs, myself. Can't deal with the end at all. Sounds like you're doing well with it though. :duff

The nerve of Microsoft to have a pop up to remind Mr. Green to upgrade to Window 10. Its on the task bar now!! Mr. Green says speak to the boot, cause he's keeping his win 8.1. At least he's trained to ignore the metro crap now.

I'm lucky if I remember to lock the house when I leave. Hell, closing the door has been a chore lately. :dunno

Sorry about your dog Lejuan. I quit dogs, myself. Can't deal with the end at all. Sounds like you're doing well with it though. :duff

:duff I've had some pets meet some pretty horrible and premature ends over the years. But this one was well and truly ready to check out, and got to go in his own home.

The nerve of Microsoft to have a pop up to remind Mr. Green to upgrade to Window 10. Its on the task bar now!! Mr. Green says speak to the boot, cause he's keeping his win 8.1. At least he's trained to ignore the metro crap now.

The more I hear about Windows 10 the more I'm glad I'm a mac user. Whenever I see the Windows 10 baby I just want to shake it.

microsoft-windows-10-commercial-babies.jpg

:duff I've had some pets meet some pretty horrible and premature ends over the years. But this one was well and truly ready to check out, and got to go in his own home.

Sounds like the best possible way for him to go for all concerned.

Incidentally my family called our most recent pup Dexter. A Westie. The name has a fitting sense of mischief about it.

Sounds like the best possible way for him to go for all concerned.

Incidentally my family called our most recent pup Dexter. A Westie. The name has a fitting sense of mischief about it.

In 80s Australia there was a dating show that featured a robot that'd crunch the compatibility numbers of the contestants. Yup, Dexter the love robot :lol

dexter-robot.jpg

One of my favourite bands of all time, Kraftwerk, is going to be playing at a small venue here on September 17 and we'll be out of town! :gah: :gah: :gah:

This was probably my once in a lifetime chance to see them!! :gah: :gah: :gah:

*comes back a day later* No Kraftwerk fans in here, I guess. :lol

*comes back more than a week later* I - I killed the thread! :thud: :monkey2

Last edited:
I despise going through the process of researching prices and then posting stuff up for sale with a price and receiving messages of "what's the lowest you'll take for this".

In what other avenue of life does that successfully work? Nowhere!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The more I hear about Windows 10 the more I'm glad I'm a mac user. Whenever I see the Windows 10 baby I just want to shake it.

microsoft-windows-10-commercial-babies.jpg

That baby is cute. She looks like Bjork. :lol

I despise going through the process of researching prices and then posting stuff up for sale with a price and receiving messages of "what's the lowest you'll take for this".

I agree. I put a bunch of stuff on eBay and set my prices at under what most were selling at and for sure less than any other live auctions. I had people messaging me to offer $100 less than what I was asking. Or one wanted to buy two figures but wanted a $150-200 discount. I got ****** with one guy because he wouldn't quit seriously low balling me. I told him if he wanted it at retail he should have bought it when it was available at retail.

I love those commercials. A few decades ago, old men doing that was considered funny. Now it's the elder ladies turn.

I agree. I put a bunch of stuff on eBay and set my prices at under what most were selling at and for sure less than any other live auctions. I had people messaging me to offer $100 less than what I was asking. Or one wanted to buy two figures but wanted a $150-200 discount. I got ****** with one guy because he wouldn't quit seriously low balling me. I told him if he wanted it at retail he should have bought it when it was available at retail.

Agreed. I've got a lot of stuff I'd love to replace with empty space and money but I need to go to ebay or try to sell locally and I dread the process so much. I cannot summon the will.

Agreed. I've got a lot of stuff I'd love to replace with empty space and money but I need to go to ebay or try to sell locally and I dread the process so much. I cannot summon the will.

In the last 3 weeks I've sold $5k worth of collectibles on here and eBay, and the vast majority of the transactions went quick and easy. Any issues I've had have been on eBay and all of them involved people with feedback of 10 or less. The one thing I wish eBay would let you do as a seller is block people with a certain amount of feedback. -1 is the highest they'll let you automatically block and that's a joke.

In the last 3 weeks I've sold $5k worth of collectibles on here and eBay, and the vast majority of the transactions went quick and easy. Any issues I've had have been on eBay and all of them involved people with feedback of 10 or less. The one thing I wish eBay would let you do as a seller is block people with a certain amount of feedback. -1 is the highest they'll let you automatically block and that's a joke.

Jeez though, congrats on selling that amount.

I've got some things listed on here but no one's interested, I'd have to drop price quite a bit to catch an impulse buyer here and even then I'd probably still receive offers rather than straight up purchases. From what I hear though ebay is almost exactly the ****ing same.

Back