Things I Hate

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I may have a max bid in mind but ideally I'd still get it as cheaply as possible and well below the max I would actually pay. Hence leaving it as late as possible to enter it.

Problem with putting a big max bid in is sometimes it can be driven up on purpose. Whenever I've done it in the past, if I did win, it went all the way to the max. I rarely use eBay anymore except if I can find it cheaper with BIN than anywhere else.

No. See, Crows, Plissken, Solidus and myself actually work together. We run America's first and only Patreon-funded freelance garbage disposal service, cleaning the mean streets of Michigan of trash that no-one else is brave enough to touch. If you have the money, and you know where to find us, maybe you can hire...

yRw1YhK.png

We don't do ash removal though. We're smaht enough not to step onto General Zod's turf...

...4/10...

Problem with putting a big max bid in is sometimes it can be driven up on purpose. Whenever I've done it in the past, if I did win, it went all the way to the max. I rarely use eBay anymore except if I can find it cheaper with BIN than anywhere else.

Exactly, and therefore the later the better for getting in your absolute max bid so no one, genuine bidder or otherwise, has opportunity to keep bumping up the price.

2 more bids on the one I'm keeping an eye on with over 2 days to go. Another reason I want the price to stay down is because the shipping will be pretty expensive. US bidders don't have to worry about that but I do. Stop bidding you ****s!

Exactly, and therefore the later the better for getting in your absolute max bid so no one, genuine bidder or otherwise, has opportunity to keep bumping up the price.

2 more bids on the one I'm keeping an eye on with over 2 days to go. Another reason I want the price to stay down is because the shipping will be pretty expensive. US bidders don't have to worry about that but I do. Stop bidding you ****s!

May I ask what it is you're looking to get?

I hate that my Time Warner cable bill has gone up yet again. I think they're trying to price their way out of business.

I hate that my Time Warner cable bill has gone up yet again. I think they're trying to price their way out of business.

Think less and less people are keeping cable. So the cable company are losing revenue and raise their prices to cover cost and/or keep as much profit as they can hold their hands on. Think their business are dying as analyst predict the raise of streamer. Mr. Green only watch like 3% of the cable company's service. The rest are just a waste yet he get charge for them anyway.

Think less and less people are keeping cable. So the cable company are losing revenue and raise their prices to cover cost and/or keep as much profit as they can hold their hands on. Think their business are dying as analyst predict the raise of streamer. Mr. Green only watch like 3% of the cable company's service. The rest are just a waste yet he get charge for them anyway.

I hate streaming. You have to have great internet service for that and we only have two choices here, and both suck.

how long until cable dies completelly?

They'll squeeze money out of the cable subscribers until they have had enough. Cable companies also have internet services and that's where they make their most money. When a lot of subscribers leave, they just jack the prices to everyone else, so they aren't really losing money. Yet.

Internet is the main thing.

Wish they would just a la carte the channels.

I do too. Time Warner does it somewhat by separating the channels into tiers, but I'd rather just pick and choose. I get starter and then standard along with it. There are more channels that I'd have to pay more for, but they're crap, like OWN. I don't have digital cable though. What ticks me off is all the empty or repeated channels.

My bill would be pretty cheap if I could pick what channels I'd get. I don't watch much TV anymore.

Mr. Green am sure they can break up the channel. It is a marketing scheme that they want us to believe. There's a cable box as big as a fat DVD player. And that is on the client's side. They can certainly do it. They can still make a profit but they prefer to keep the bigger profit. This is the same greed as the pharmaceutical companies. Just a matter of time, maybe in a year, before Mr. Green cancel everything and just keep internet and phone. Heck even phone can be easily replace by cell phone now a days.

Back