War Machine 1:1 Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:goodpost: A 1/2 scale would be cool.
m9uhz7.jpg

To go side by side with this one.

Everyone knows Legacy overprices everything, so yeah, if it were Sideshow it might be under $1k but with the Legacy stamp, it'll be >$1k..........

Everyone knows Legacy overprices everything, so yeah, if it were Sideshow it might be under $1k but with the Legacy stamp, it'll be >$1k..........

I'm going to be getting this bust no matter the price range, but I can't lie the main thing that really got me to buy into the IM line was when I found out that WM was cohabited by a brotha'. Then you add the movie version and now I'm hooked line and sinker. Never really like the design of the comic version of WM, so these are perfect for my taste.

Bring on this WM 1:1 bust already!

Nice! I'm glad they included the arc reactor! Also, looks like it's on the same base, which would make this one taller than the Mark III.

I don't think so, I think the reactor just falls further onto the base. I think it'll line up fine in height. Now the fact this has a reactor and the first didn't sucks hard but I'm sure as was posted above they'll do a Mark VI because they can focus on the accent differences and the reactor differences. I wonder if they'll do the Mark IV and the Mark VI in this way. With so much of the chest showing the coloring differences between the two will be seen as well as the Arc Reactor differences. Not to mention if they do the Mark V, all of the plating would be interesting to see.

This could be very expensive for Iron Man fans if they really stick to it. Although it will all depend on how the first one ships. If it comes over without damage up the goddamn ying/yang then the line has hope. Although my breath isn't held.

As crazy as it might sound, if the arc reactor is only included on the ex than I don't really mind. Looks better without next to my Mark III 1:1 bust.

I don't think so, I think the reactor just falls further onto the base. I think it'll line up fine in height. Now the fact this has a reactor and the first didn't sucks hard but I'm sure as was posted above they'll do a Mark VI because they can focus on the accent differences and the reactor differences. I wonder if they'll do the Mark IV and the Mark VI in this way. With so much of the chest showing the coloring differences between the two will be seen as well as the Arc Reactor differences. Not to mention if they do the Mark V, all of the plating would be interesting to see.

This could be very expensive for Iron Man fans if they really stick to it. Although it will all depend on how the first one ships. If it comes over without damage up the goddamn ying/yang then the line has hope. Although my breath isn't held.

i doubt we will see anymore busts from this movie besides WM and the VI. They made a crap load of Mark III's and unless ppl are willing to take a huge loss on selling them, most prolly wouldn't go for a Mark IV bust and a VI. SS hasn't even done anything with the V, so they would take a huge risk in trying to sell such a expensive bust of a Mark that isn't a proven seller. I think a lot of ppl would be interested in a Mark V if they are rich, but it's not iconic enough to bring in a large number of orders unless it has an ES of 100 or something.

i doubt we will see anymore busts from this movie besides WM and the VI.

You're probably right but the option is still there.

They made a crap load of Mark III's and unless ppl are willing to take a huge loss on selling them, most prolly wouldn't go for a Mark IV bust and a VI.

In all honesty only the diehards are buying a 1:1 bust. With that notion, the diehards are plenty aware that the Mark III and the Mark IV for example are drastically different, not only in color (look at the HT figures for example) but also with the configuration of the neck and the accents. Then you add the Mark VI with the different reactor and the coloring differences at the shoulder portions or even the slight difference in the chest armor and you have a viable difference. If SSC wanted to they could really limit the number and sell no problem. Look at the Mark II. If they wanted they could.

SS hasn't even done anything with the V, so they would take a huge risk in trying to sell such a expensive bust of a Mark that isn't a proven seller. I think a lot of ppl would be interested in a Mark V if they are rich, but it's not iconic enough to bring in a large number of orders unless it has an ES of 100 or something.

This is where I have to severely disagree. The Mark V was the absolute poster child for this film. HT's figure took so long because they were trying to get the plating right. We saw the Mark V all over everything from posters to DVD covers to multiple Iron Man themed merchandise. It was the darling of the film even over the War Machine. I promise you that you'll see the Mark V in a 1:2 maquette no problem which is usually twice if not almost three times the price of a 1:1 bust. The risk on a bust wouldn't be very high not to mention that it'd be a much safer bet for fans over a Mark VI or IV to which you are hoping that people except the differences. If you wanted to make one Tony Mark from IM2 it'd be the V especially knowing that you are getting another in IM3 that will be close to the IV and VI not to mention whatever they throw for The Avengers whereas you probably won't see the V again.

i doubt we will see anymore busts from this movie besides WM and the VI. They made a crap load of Mark III's and unless ppl are willing to take a huge loss on selling them, most prolly wouldn't go for a Mark IV bust and a VI. SS hasn't even done anything with the V, so they would take a huge risk in trying to sell such a expensive bust of a Mark that isn't a proven seller. I think a lot of ppl would be interested in a Mark V if they are rich, but it's not iconic enough to bring in a large number of orders unless it has an ES of 100 or something.

Spoken like a man who knows what he's talking about...:lecture

This bust will be sick im curious to see what other marvel 1:1 bust come out this year we know green goblin and daredevil are comming out i wonder if ss will ever do any more hulk, maybe planet hulk or rulk then again maybe not with sales on the hulk 1:1 bust being so low!

This is where I have to severely disagree. The Mark V was the absolute poster child for this film. HT's figure took so long because they were trying to get the plating right. We saw the Mark V all over everything from posters to DVD covers to multiple Iron Man themed merchandise. It was the darling of the film even over the War Machine. I promise you that you'll see the Mark V in a 1:2 maquette no problem which is usually twice if not almost three times the price of a 1:1 bust. The risk on a bust wouldn't be very high not to mention that it'd be a much safer bet for fans over a Mark VI or IV to which you are hoping that people except the differences. If you wanted to make one Tony Mark from IM2 it'd be the V especially knowing that you are getting another in IM3 that will be close to the IV and VI not to mention whatever they throw for The Avengers whereas you probably won't see the V again.

:exactly::goodpost: I do think the Mark VI or IV will also be a succes if SSC would make a 1:1 bust of one of them. People who didn't got their hands on the first busts will certainly buy it.

In all honesty only the diehards are buying a 1:1 bust. With that notion, the diehards are plenty aware that the Mark III and the Mark IV for example are drastically different, not only in color (look at the HT figures for example) but also with the configuration of the neck and the accents. Then you add the Mark VI with the different reactor and the coloring differences at the shoulder portions or even the slight difference in the chest armor and you have a viable difference. If SSC wanted to they could really limit the number and sell no problem. Look at the Mark II. If they wanted they could.

Got to agree with Mike here. I have the Mark III and Mark III BD as well as the Mark II bust and am waiting only for the Mark V.

I haven't decided to get the 1:2 Mark V or the 1:1 Mark V bust if and when it debuts but the Mark V. WM I've decided to pass. Being Hammer tech killed it for me.

For me was the coolest IM design in the show. :yess:

On the Mark III Bust, the bottom of Iron Man sans arc reactor is only 4 inches above the ground. If they want to keep WM the same height, then his arc reactor would have to be resting on the ground.

I'm guessing WM is going to be about 6 inches taller than the original busts.

have they confirmed the 1:2 V for sure though? There's no doubt in my mind the V is the coolest suit, but now that WM is being made in 1:1, I think most ppl would rather pair up a VI bust next to it, then a V. The II makes a great companion bust next to the III, but if someone doesnt have the III already, and SS doesn't make a IV, the V would be the better choice so one doesn't need to purchase 2 companion pieces.

There's no way in hell i would ever be able to get multiple huge pieces from this film, but if the WM is about the same height as the III, i would prolly just get WM cause i already have the III, unless the 1:2 V is for sure being made, then i would have to think about it. We did see the 1:2 Mark I before, and that never saw light of day.

Back