Which Terminator movie is your favorite?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Your favorite Terminator movie?

• The Terminator

Votes: 106 41.6%
  • T2

Votes: 145 56.9%
  • T3

Votes: 4 1.6%

• Total voters
Cameron thought of a least 3 others before Arnold. the best of those was Lance Henriksen. i'd be down for that.
but, really, how hard is it to act like a robot? at least Lance wouldn't crack me up every time he opens his mouth.

Well so was Mel Gibson and O.J. Simpson, point being the man was "Born" to play the role because he was not the first choice. Kinda like "It was meant to be"

Arnold = horrible actor = robot = best choice for Terminator. Nobody here is saying anything positive about Arnold, just that he played a great robot.

Well so was Mel Gibson and O.J. Simpson, point being the man was "Born" to play the role because he was not the first choice. Kinda like "It was meant to be"

Arnold = horrible actor = robot = best choice for Terminator. Nobody here is saying anything positive about Arnold, just that he played a great robot.

yeah , this is how I basically feel about it.
Although it would be very cool to see a terminator played by a very talented actor and one that shows emotion etc.
It looks like Marcus could be like this in terminator savlation though so I guess we could see how it works both ways soon.

I think Arnold worked best for T2. Since the terminator was having trouble understanding emotion and why we cry etc and arnold couldn't do it anyway behind a camera !. Perfect !. :lol

I have to say though , I can't imagine anyone else playing the terminator in 1 , 2 and even 3. It just seems too strange and in my opinion arnold just seemed to " work ".
i can chalk that up to nostalgia and leave it at that.
When you say you laugh every time he opens his mouth , what do you mean by that ?.
The words hes saying right ?. Or his accent ?.
both.
i can't reconcile a robot programmed to infiltrate southern california having a thick austrian accent for no reason.
and why would it ever say "i need a vacation."? he just sounds goofy in the context of trying to act like a robot.
Dolph Lundgren as Terminator wouldnt be so bad...
i want to disagree with this so bad... but i actually liked him in the only 2 movies i've seen him in.
(Universal Soldier and Johnny Mnemonic.) he was easily the best thing about both of those movies.

both.
i can't reconcile a robot programmed to infiltrate southern california having a thick austrian accent for no reason.
and why would it ever say "i need a vacation."? he just sounds goofy in the context of trying to act like a robot.

I think its the fact he is a little goofy , funny and overall " not what you would expect from a terminator " that makes him so awesome for most people.
Hes bad ass , funny and is a killing machine.
I wouldn't want the terminator all serious really.
Wouldn't the lines have been pre written before Arnold was in anyway ?.
I think Arnold would of done a better job than say Lance Henriksen ( hes an awesome actor but I just can't see it ) or someone else.

When you think of a terminator , do you see arnie or an endo ?.

I think its the fact he is a little goofy , funny and overall " not what you would expect from a terminator " that makes him so awesome for most people.
Hes bad ass , funny and is a killing machine.
I wouldn't want the terminator all serious really.
Wouldn't the lines have been pre written before Arnold was in anyway ?.
I think Arnold would of done a better job than say Lance Henriksen ( hes an awesome actor but I just can't see it ) or someone else.

Arnie, the classic look and attitude, love him in this movie. and i think your right no one else could pull this off.:horror

i'll point you to Lance's performance in Aliens.
he has that monotone voice and demeanor of a believable machine. he can be stoic without trying too hard to be stiff.
and he never gets enough credit for all the nuance and solemnity he brought to that roll. that's a robot i can take seriously.
endo. the future war scenes are the coolest part of the Terminator movies. and Arnold wasn't even in most (if any) of those.

Terminator!!!! :rock

T2 was awesome when I was younger, but I hat that kid now.

Salvation is where it's all at!

i voted T2 even though they are both spectacular films. T1000 puts it over the top for me, plus the fact that the movie reminds me so much of growing up in the early 90's.

haha t3 with two votes. Like what was said before the effects and last 5 minutes were great, it just cant stand up to the other two in any capacity. I am happy that they made it though, closing out the trilogy and fleshing out the mytho more making way for the bale terminator era. Hopefully it turns out more like the first two rather than t3...

I said I wouldn't vote but I watched T1 yesterday and T2 today and I've decided that T1 is the better film due to its superior pacing. T2 slows down a lot in the middle and I think I prefer Terminator with less humour. T2's humour was natural enough due to the situation of a child teaching a Terminator but it unfortunately gave birth to the mistaken idea that any Terminator film thereafter had to be funny -thus the forced humour of T3.

T1, dated effects and haircuts notwithstanding, seems to work better. And I really really really want figures from this film.

Terminator was my favourite.I do nt refer to it as T1 even.I saw it as an 18 year old in 1984,and can still hear the collective audible gasp in my minds eye as the machine rose from the ashes.One of the great moments in cinema and without any internet to spoil it!
Can somebody please remind me why theres no figures or statues from this masterpiece?

Terminator was my favourite.I do nt refer to it as T1 even.I saw it as an 18 year old in 1984,and can still hear the collective audible gasp in my minds eye as the machine rose from the ashes.One of the great moments in cinema and without any internet to spoil it!
Can somebody please remind me why theres no figures or statues from this masterpiece?

That is a damn good question and the only thing I can think of is different owners. T1 compared to T2. T1 MUST have the most non negotiable representatives out there cuz like you say why haven't we seen anything?

Hot Toys would blow this outta the park imo. They could even give us lit damaged eye too. The possibilities are endless imo.

nowadays terminator ( the first ) seems to be a very underappreciated movie.
When you ask someone have they seen terminator they almost always think of T2 which is a shame. Terminator salvation probably won't help this either !.

Back