1:1 Iron man Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Never did....all of the hulabaloo about waiting for replacements and some replacements wouldn't be issued because of such and such.....so I kept mine. It has only minor scratches thank god compared to some of these guy's pieces and not noticable when displayed although if I could get about $600 for it I'd let it go probably and go for this....to me this is the definitive IM piece even if its Movie based.

Never did....all of the hulabaloo about waiting for replacements and some replacements wouldn't be issued because of such and such.....so I kept mine. It has only minor scratches thank god compared to some of these guy's pieces and not noticable when displayed although if I could get about $600 for it I'd let it go probably and go for this....to me this is the definitive IM piece even if its Movie based.

You didn't send yours back. I wonder if I should do the same. It's not gauranteed you'll get a new one, like you said.

Who's going to want to buy a SIM when shipping it is so dangerous is my question..

Obviously people are buying them but it sounds like a headache on both ends of buyer/seller.. Just like the Old West Ghost Rider would be a nightmare to send/recieve..

No, I would take a damaged one, because I want it repainted in by the board member Ickwinzs. This is one of his many repaints. I think it looks way better than the regular SIM:

301535959.jpg

Who's going to want to buy a SIM when shipping it is so dangerous is my question..

Obviously people are buying them but it sounds like a headache on both ends of buyer/seller.. Just like the Old West Ghost Rider would be a nightmare to send/recieve..

Shipping Iron Man isn't a problem, if you actually wrap it in some tissue paper instead of lubing him up and surrounding him with plastic.

Shipping Iron Man isn't a problem, if you actually wrap it in some tissue paper instead of lubing him up and surrounding him with plastic.

How dare you insult the geniuses at sideshow :rotfl:rotfl

Just got this mail:monkey2

"We are contacting you regarding your recent pre-order of our 1:1 Scale Iron Man Bust (item # 2957 & 2597 Flex) based on the upcoming film, “Iron Man”. Our production facilities recently have confirmed changes in the final box dimensions. Unfortunately, the new dimensions exceed the local carrier’s limitations and therefore we will be unable to ship this item to you directly from our EU warehouse as originally planned.

This item will now be shipping from our US warehouse only. If this change affects your purchasing decision, you may cancel your order at any time without penalty, including any orders that happen to have been placed through a flexible payment plan. Please make sure all order adjustments are made prior to the item’s arrival into our warehouse to avoid any mis-shipments as well as charges to your card on file."

If shipping is crazy high, i might have to cancel and get it some other time:emperor

"We are contacting you regarding your recent pre-order of our 1:1 Scale Iron Man Bust (item # 2957 & 2597 Flex) based on the upcoming film, “Iron Man”. Our production facilities recently have confirmed changes in the final box dimensions. Unfortunately, the new dimensions exceed the local carrier’s limitations and therefore we will be unable to ship this item to you directly from our EU warehouse as originally planned.

This item will now be shipping from our US warehouse only. If this change affects your purchasing decision, you may cancel your order at any time without penalty, including any orders that happen to have been placed through a flexible payment plan. Please make sure all order adjustments are made prior to the item’s arrival into our warehouse to avoid any mis-shipments as well as charges to your card on file."

If shipping is crazy high, i might have to cancel and get it some other time:emperor

same :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

Thats bull^^^^. If Sidehshow offered it to EU through the EU warehouse they should honor it. If it is really not possible they should ship it out of the US warehouse to your guys for the price of shipping it from the EU warehouse.

Thats bull^^^^. If Sidehshow offered it to EU through the EU warehouse they should honor it. If it is really not possible they should ship it out of the US warehouse to your guys for the price of shipping it from the EU warehouse.

yeah hopefully they offer free shipping at least like similar sized goods

They did the same thing with the Speeder Bike but offered the same shipping costs if it shipped from the EU warehouse. But not this time which sucks:emperor

As it is now financialy, i was gonne cancel a bunch of stuff to keep the one'e i really wanted, including Ironman. But now, i will have to cancel an item or two more because of the shipping:emperor

I was gonna ship a a Wolf Bio, which is 21 lbs. in the SSC box and it was $114.40 with $250 for insurance. The 1:1 is 35 lbs. in it's own carton, so I'm guessing it's about 37 lbs. all told. Just to the UK, that $141.60 before Insurance and that's just with USPS. I don't even want to know what the UPS or FedEx prices are!:monkey4

Sorry guys. That really sucks!

Sorry to hear that guys.Would it be cheaper to buy one off Ebay during the inevitable flood of these right after they're shipped?

I agree with Zoid!! You guys are better collectors then me.. $380 for shipping is insane!!

It would be nice if they offered the EU shipping costs insted of the US. Or if they offered to ship it with UPS or Fed-Ex from the EU warehouse. So when an item turns out to be oversized, they can offer one of the two (whichever is cheapest).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back